Author Topic: European Q2 Release Schedule Revealed  (Read 3246 times)

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
European Q2 Release Schedule Revealed
« on: March 18, 2009, 03:06:19 AM »
Punch-Out!! and Rhythm Paradise headline the DS and Wii launch lists from now until June.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=17985

Nintendo has pulled back the curtain on the full second quarter European software release line-ups for Wii and DS, dating a handful of much-anticipated first party titles for the first time in the process.    

May is set to be a big month for Nintendo, as Punch-Out!! for Wii and Rhythm Paradise (a.k.a. Rhythm Heaven/Rhythm Tengoku Gold, May 1) join the already scheduled Pokémon Platinum (May 22) on the first party launch list.   Walk with me! Do you know your walking routine? for DS, having originally been slotted for release in Q1, will finally arrive on June 5.      

The NEW PLAY CONTROL! series will expand further in Q2, first with Pikmin 2 on April 24, and then again in June with the release of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. Also on Wii, the tentatively titled Another Code: R is named as a June title, while the recently announced Excitebots: Trick Racing is entirely absent from the list. A number of prominent third party Wii titles are present, but without specific dates; The Conduit is a spring release, Let's Tap is on course for the summer, and Overlord: Dark Legend is expected to arrive in June.    

In preparation for the DSi launch on April 3, Wii Points will be officially rebranded as Nintendo Points. New denominations of retail cards (1000 and 3000 points) will become available alongside the DSi itself, which can be redeemed at the Wii Shop Channel and Nintendo DSi Shop to purchase downloadable games and other content.    

On the software side, the handheld list contains one particularly notable third party listing in the form of Space Invaders Extreme Remix (June 5). Though Square Enix has not previously mentioned this title for a Western release, it would seem likely that it refers to Space Invaders Extreme 2, which launches in Japan in under two weeks time.    

The full Q2 line-ups can be seen below:    

Wii Software 2009    

• New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis (Nintendo) - 6 March
  •  
  • Grey's Anatomy (Ubisoft) - 12 March
  •  
  • My Sims Party (EA) - 13 March
  •  
  • Sonic and the Black Knight (Sega) - 13 March
  •  
  • Trivial Pursuit (EA) - 13 March
  •  
  • Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars (South Peak Interactive) - 20 March
  •  
  • Family Local Sports (Ubisoft) - 26 March
  •  
  • Body Coaching (Neko) - 30 March
  •  
  • Monsters vs. Aliens (Activision) - March
  •  
  • Madworld (SEGA) - March
  •  
  • PES 2009 (Konami) - March
  •  
  • Ready 2 Rumble Revolution (Atari) - March
  •  
  • Tenchu 4 (Ubisoft) - 2 April
  •  
  • New Play Control! Pikmin 2 (Nintendo) - 24 April
  •  
  • Cake Mania - In the Mix! (Majesco) - April
  •  
  • Diabolik: The Original Sin (Blackbean/Lago) - April
  •  
  • Impossible Mission (System 3) - April
  •  
  • Fast Food Panic (Nobilis) - 13 May
  •  
  • Punch-Out!! (Nintendo) - May
  •  
  • Guitar Hero Metallica (Activision) - May
  •  
  • Virtua Tennis 2009 (SEGA) - May
  •  
  • PDC World Championship Darts (Oxygen) - May
  •  
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Activision) - May
  •  
  • Another Code: R (tent) (Nintendo) - June
  •  
  • New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Nintendo) - June
  •  
  • Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Activision) - June
  •  
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Activision) - June
  •  
  • Overlord: Dark Legend (Codemasters) - June
  •  
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Square-Enix) - Spring
  •  
  • The Conduit (SEGA) - Spring
  •  
  • Let's Tap (SEGA) - Summer
  •  
  • Line Rider Freestyle (Deep Silver) - Q2
  •  
  • Yamaha Super Cross (Zoo Digital) - Q2
  •    

Nintendo DS Software 2009    

• Petz My Horse Family (Ubisoft) - 5 March
  •  
  • Sam Power Soccer Star (Ubisoft) - 5 March
  •  
  • Naruto Ninja Destiny 2 European Versión (Tomy / Nintendo) - 6 March
  •  
  • Big Bang Mini (SouthPeak Interactive) - 6 March
  •  
  • Littlest Pet Shop: Spring (EA) - 6 March
  •  
  • Enchanted Folk and the School of Wizardry (Konami) - 12 March
  •  
  • Grey's Anatomy (Ubisoft) - 12 March
  •  
  • Bleach: Dark Souls (SEGA) - 13 March
  •  
  • MySims Party (EA) - 13 March
  •  
  • Travel Games for Dummies (EA) - 13 March
  •  
  • EA SPORTS Football Academy (EA) - 20 March
  •  
  • Henry Hatsworth (EA) - 20 March
  •  
  • Think Sinnestrainer (DTP Young Entertainment) - 20 March
  •  
  • Imagine Doctor (Ubisoft) - 26 March
  •  
  • Imagine Gourmet Chef (Ubisoft) - 26 March
  •  
  • My English Coach 2009 (Ubisoft) - 26 March
  •  
  • Monsters vs. Alien (Activision) - March
  •  
  • Rhythm Paradise (Nintendo) - 1 May
  •  
  • Cake Mania 2 (Majesco) - April
  •  
  • Dungeon Raiders (Focus Home Interactive) - April
  •  
  • Impossible Mission (System 3) - April
  •  
  • Diabolik: The Original Sin (Blackbean/Lago) - April
  •  
  • Fast Food Panic (Nobilis) - 13 May
  •  
  • Pokémon Platinum Version (Nintendo) - 22 May
  •  
  • PDC World Championship Darts (Oxygen) - May
  •  
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Activision) - May
  •  
  • Walk with me! Do you know your walking routine? bundled with two Activity Meters (Nintendo) - 5 June 2009
  •  
  • Space Invaders Extreme Remix (Square-Enix) - 5 June
  •  
  • Ghostbusters (Atari) - 19 June
  •  
  • Overlords: Minions (Codemasters) - June
  •  
  • Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits (Activision) - June
  •  
  • Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Activision) - June
  •  
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Autobots (Activision) - June
  •  
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Decepticons (Activision) - June
  •  
  • Disgaea DS (Square-Enix) - Spring
  •  
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Square-Enix) - Spring
  •  
  • Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (Square-Enix) - Spring
  •  
  • My Happy Kitchen (Ubisoft) - Q2
  •  
  • The Humans (Deep Silver) - Q2
  •  
  • Yamaha Super Cross (Zoo Digital) - Q2
  •    

Nintendo Hardware    

• Nintendo DSi (Black / White) - 3 April 2009
  •    

Nintendo Accessories    

• Nintendo Points Card - 2000 points - 6 March 2009
  •  
  • Nintendo Points Card - 1000 points - 3 April 2009
  •  
  • Nintendo Points Card - 3000 points - 3 April 2009
  •  
  • Activity Meter (x 1 ) (Nintendo) - 5 June 2009
  •  

NINTENDO PACKS A PUNCH THIS SUMMER WITH BATTLES, RHYTHM AND THE THRILLING NEW NINTENDO DSi    

Nintendo announces new Nintendo DS & Wii games line up for Spring / Summer 2009    

16th March 2009. Nintendo’s early summer offering for 2009 promises everything from the highly anticipated Nintendo DSi launch and rhythmic beats to high-impact tactical boxing and legendary Pokémon battles.    

Highly anticipated Nintendo DSi reaches European shores    

Nintendo will launch its new handheld console, the Nintendo DSi, across Europe, on 3rd April 2009.  The Nintendo DSi is the thinnest and lightest member of the Nintendo DS family and is packed with new features that will excite fans of - and newcomers to - the Nintendo DS range.  From creating, customising and sharing photos with friends & family or listening to and experimenting with your favourite music, to playing more than 1000 existing Nintendo DS games and downloading new DSiWare games directly onto your console, there are many ways to have fun with the Nintendo DSi. The console also features internet capabilities, meaning the fun begins the moment you switch it on!    

Wii Points become Nintendo Points    

Also launching in April are Nintendo Points Cards – the new incarnation of Wii Points – available to buy via the Wii Shop Channel and Nintendo DSi Shop as well as through retail as a 2000 Points Card (March 6), a 1000 and a 3000 Points Card (April 3).  Nintendo Points can be used to buy games and other exclusive content from the Wii Shop Channel and Nintendo DSi Shop which can be downloaded to a user’s Wii console or Nintendo DSi.    

New titles come to the Nintendo DS family    

For Nintendo DS (and Nintendo DSi users), the beat goes on as Rhythm Paradise in the UK on 1st May. Rhythm Paradise is light hearted and engaging with no difficult rules or controls which makes it so easy to learn, but still challenging to master. Use the stylus to tap, flick or slide the Touch Screen in time with a rhythm or cue – the more closely the beat is followed, the higher the player is ranked.  Rhythm Paradise offers off-the-wall characters, graphics and more than 50 music based mini-games and rhythm toys.    

Staying with Nintendo DS, Pokémon Platinum Version is launching across Europe, on May 22. This epic adventure, set in the Pokémon world’s Sinnoh region, is packed with exciting features – such as new ways to play online at the Wi-Fi Plaza where you can connect wirelessly with up to 20 players and play games together in real-time over the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection. Many legendary Pokémon are featured including one of the most unusual and highly popular Pokémon, Shaymin. As well as trading and battling with friends, mini-games can be played in the Wi-Fi Club.    

New thrills come to Wii    

Also due for release on Wii is Punch-Out!! (May) the unique boxing game and latest instalment in the Punch-Out!! franchise. The core game mechanics revolve around the tactics of boxing, detecting and exploiting weaknesses in the opponent’s defence. Punch-Out!! follows the story of Little Mac, an up-and-coming boxer from the Bronx, NY, on his way to becoming the boxing World Champion.  The game includes various signature characters and the Wii Motion controls provide an intuitive & unique boxing experience.    

NEW PLAY CONTROL! take on new titles for Wii    

The NEW PLAY CONTROL! series sees classic games reinvented to take advantage of Wii’s unique motion-sensing capabilities, so if you have already been spending hours enjoying NEW PLAY CONTROL! PIKMIN which launched on Wii on February 6, then get ready for a treat as April 24 sees the launch of NEW PLAY CONTROL! PIKMIN 2 . Gameplay in PIKMIN 2 revolves around using different combinations of Pikmin to retrieve various treasures from the planet's surface. These treasures range from a battery to a yogurt lid with different obstacles and enemies making the retrieval of each treasure unique.    

Also, coming to the ever expanding NEW PLAY CONTROL! series in June is NEW PLAY CONTROL! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - an adaptation of the original game which was released for Nintendo GameCube. A platform action game in which Donkey Kong has to venture through numerous kingdoms, the Wii adaptation features newly implemented Wii controls using both the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk. In addition, gameplay and level elements have been improved to increase the challenge of the game.

Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: European Q2 Release Schedule Revealed
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 02:14:09 AM »
Greg what are you looking forward to in the coming months?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 02:26:35 AM »
Still no Tales of Symphonia? Awwww.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 03:43:09 AM »
Impossible Mission? Huh? The DS version has been out forever and the VC one too AFAIK, what's left to release there?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 04:20:59 AM »
Tales of Symphonia is midsummer at earliest, I speculumate.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 05:47:53 AM »
What is the Activity Meter?

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 09:04:09 AM »
Punch out? **** that memorising patterns ****. This quater is all about A-NOTHER CODE ARE
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 02:23:38 PM »
Tales of Symphonia is midsummer at earliest, I speculumate.

Probably because they have to translate it into like 6 or 7 different languages on the same disc.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 03:42:54 PM »
Greg what are you looking forward to in the coming months?

I'm very much looking forward to Punch-Out!! and Rhythm Paradise as I am a big fan of previous games in those series, and it's good to see they are following relatively close behind their US launches. On the flip side I'm disappointed there's no word on a Euro release for Excitebots as yet, because I rather doubt there's heavy localisation issues associated with that title. I'm also very interested in Overlord: Dark Legend, I'm a Pikmin fan and everything we've seen of Overlord looks really promising so far.
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 06:39:52 PM »
Paradise?  Has NOE gone NOA censorship of old?
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 09:17:38 PM »
Maybe that is why they changed "Wario Land: Shake It!" to "Wario Land: The Shake Dimension". They might have though "Shake It" (and the way Wario is shaking the Wii Remote) could bring a masturbation image to some people.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 04:26:03 PM »
Paradise?  Has NOE gone NOA censorship of old?

Heaven and paradise are both concepts from the Christian religion so it's not really censorship. I guess they just figured paradise is a name more countries can deal with (heaven looks too much like harbor in German, for example). I think that's also the reason behind the Elebits -> Eledees rename.