Author Topic: Stronghold Kingdoms The NWR take over  (Read 23633 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Stronghold Kingdoms The NWR take over
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2016, 07:07:54 PM »
I would join house black, but I would not feel I accomplished anything. However, if we were to take over another country from a strengthened position in house black that would be acceptable. I have control of Banockburn, but I am intentionally not the steward. Being the steward would put me at risk of attack.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2016, 07:30:43 PM »
So I just was given a 500+ firefly crown package by my attacker along with an apology.

So I figure we are all good. I still have my research level and a fair stash of gold so I could be somewhat back on my feet sooner than expected.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2016, 06:09:19 PM »
Stratos and I are  now powerful players.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2016, 06:16:19 PM »
Yeah, but I just don't have the time with school to do much more. Nice that I'm big enough no one is messing with me, but the size is difficult to manage.

I feel like we are close to taking Kinross for our own.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2016, 06:08:56 AM »
I think it'll happen pretty soon. CTbaw as usual is not holding his end up. Lancevlad is designed to take on far bigger opponents.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2016, 02:24:15 PM »
I don't know what you've been up to lately, but this carolmary character is causing issues. You've lost dunning.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2016, 11:24:47 PM »
Sorry Perm, life this week took me far away from the game. Because of this I'm officially done. If you need me to log in and send you some stuff or voice support for you taking my cities and parishes then let me know.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2016, 02:51:52 AM »
Well, how about this. I'll let you know when I got a million gold. Then we'll figure something out. I'm just about where I was whenever I had my setback. Unfortunately, with this game it takes months to recover from a setback.

We're at that point where we can farm and gain experience, or rage destroy things. Have you heard from Barbiz?

Also, I could use some your cities. I would rather they stay in allied hands then get stolen by invaders. I only have room for 2 more cities at the moment though. The ranking up amount is getting ridiculous. However, I've got a decently managed banquet setup again which can net me 4million a day, plus whatever I'll get from cities.

Also, Gerbertron became more active, so if we divide out your cities he could build off that as well.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 02:59:46 AM by ThePerm »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2016, 02:21:39 AM »
you might get a chuckle out of this.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2019, 04:13:06 AM »
I finally researched all trees.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2019, 11:01:47 PM »
The World is over :(

That was a lot of time spent to build up... nothing.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2019, 12:41:17 PM »
Yeah, games like this are too damn addicting to me, so I'm glad I cut them off. Stronghold Kingdoms was fun, but too time intensive because of the real-time nature. It goes on the pile with games like O-Game and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, and a number of other games I just can't play part-time.

Big flag for me was that after I quit each game (some of them multiple times! Quitters of these kinds of games sound like addicts getting on and off the wagon) I experienced a breath of fresh air and a bit of a personal gaming renaissance. I pull my head up to interact with people and get more important things done in life, and I go back to the games I truly love instead of the ones I felt obligated to carry on.

This feeling isn't present when I am playing a genuinely good non-addictive title like Monster Hunter Generations or Minecraft or Call of Duty. There is a specific type of hook in the games like Stronghold that I just can't control.

I don't regret some of my time playing Stronghold Kingdoms, there were fun things that happened (mostly scheming for dominance with Perm), but I hated how other parts of my gaming life and non-gaming life took a backseat when I did play.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2019, 10:20:39 PM »
It was an incredibly slow paced game. It had some balance issues. Like I had 2 million gold and like 200 million honor in the end, but expanding past that point might require real money. I was somewhat bored with it after I finished my research tree, which took years. Another problem was you couldn't make alliances with anyone you didn't know outside of Stronghold. Once you and Barbiz left it became really quiet. I also couldn't get into a house after a while. I had a faction that I was leader of, but communication was low because I don't think they were the most skilled at speaking English.