Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1163451 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I hate the idea of Powerless and Damage Control.  Nobody wants to watch a TV show about normal guys complaining about Super Heroes. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Finally, #itsallconnected!?
http://www.screengeek.net/2016/05/19/marvel-considering-adding-kingpin-to-spider-man-homecoming/

Could Feige be making good on a previous comment that the TV shows would cross over into the movie sooner than we think? Will Wilson Fisk be appearing in Spider-man Homecoming?

They do still have Luke Cage and possibly Iron Fist to move his position in the MCU forward before SM sees release in Summer of 2017. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I kinda figured SM would be the bridge movie though, being that he is not only based in NY, but also active on the street level, so bound to be involved w/ the Netflix characters at some point or another.

Offline ellanshow7

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I hate the idea of Powerless and Damage Control.  Nobody wants to watch a TV show about normal guys complaining about Super Heroes.

Thats exactly what I was to say.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
And let the Thor: Ragnarok hype begin...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/20/thor-ragnarok-cast-to-include-karl-urban-cate-blanchett-jeff-goldblum

Hulk is in it, and so is Jeff Fucking Goldblum!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
The character Valkyrie will appear in Ragnarok and be played by this beauty.

Thor: Ragnarok features:
Director: Taika Waititi
Chris Hemsworth as Thor Odinson
Tom Hiddleston as Loki Laufeyson
Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/Hulk
Cate Blanchett as Hela
Idris Elba as Heimdall
Sir Anthony Hopkins as Odin Borson
Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster
Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie
Karl Urban as Skurge/The Executioner
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:25:30 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
And yet, they couldn't summon the balls to have Beta-Ray Bill.

Step up your game, MCU.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
And yet, they couldn't summon the balls to have Beta-Ray Bill.

Step up your game, MCU.

Wait for the post credits man... in Thor or Guardians...  we will probably see Thanos destroy his civilization somewhere in the movie, and then Odin grant him a hammer with the power of "Thor" all his own in the post credits. It'll be a glorious finale.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Michael Keaton also back in the running to be the main villian of Homecoming
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/spider-man-michael-keaton-villain-1201770783/

with the Ragnarok casting news, it seems that with Feige in control of the budgets & Casting of the MCU (Sony is footing the bill for Spider-Man BTW) I think they are finally going to chase that talent. Hopefully the budgets don't skyrocket making the risk of lower profits affect the future of the MCU's lesser known "riskier" projects.

edit:
Apparently Keaton has not only joined Homecoming, but is The Vulture
https://deadline.com/2016/05/jeff-goldblum-karl-urban-thor-ragnorak-michael-keaton-spider-man-homecoming-1201760365/

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:17:37 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
and so is Jeff Fucking Goldblum!

And I thought I was pleased about this news lol. I have been put in my place!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Lady Sif is also in Thor 3, not sure why she wasn't mentioned. Jaime Alexander double confirmed it.
http://i.imgur.com/dcy6s6l.jpg

and Carrie Anne Moss also shows up in Iron Fist:
http://marvel.com/news/tv/26205/carrie-anne_moss_joins_netflix_original_series_marvels_iron_fist

hopefully Not-"Night Nurse" does as well

edit:
Coogler speaks on Black Panther
You’re doing Black Panther next, which has to both stand alone and fit into all of the moving parts of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. How do you make sure that it still feels like a Ryan Coogler movie?

It’s a specific challenge. What Marvel’s doing, and what you see a lot of studios doing now that Marvel has done it so successfully, is making content that exists in a particular universe, where the characters tie in and crossover, and I think that’s a great creative challenge to me—to make this movie as personal as possible. It’s going to be my most personal movie to date, which is crazy to say, but it’s completely the case. I’m obsessed with this character and this story right now, and I think it’s going to be very unique and still fit into the overall narrative that they’re establishing. I grew up as a comic book fan, and the same things used to happen in the comic books. You’d have Wolverine’s books, and they’d be so much darker and more brutal than the X-Men books, but they’d still fit in when you open the pages of the X-Men book. It’s new to movies, but it’s not new to storytelling.

and Marvel is considering filming part of the movie in Africa... which I thought would be a given.
http://theundefeated.com/features/marvel-nate-moore-black-panther/
We’ll do our stage work in Atlanta. And we’re definitely investigating shooting in Africa … both Marvel and Ryan feel that would be really good for the movie. We just haven’t drilled down on it yet.

edit2:
oh, and Civil War Crosses $1Billion Dollars!!!
http://variety.com/2016/film/box-office/captain-america-civil-war-box-office-billion-worldwide-1201779661/

so right now WB is restructuring it's DC movie verse as they try to correct the mistakes they made...

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:27:35 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
In one of the articles I read yesterday Jamie Alexander was reportedly not in Thor 3 due to a scheduling conflict with another show she was doing. I'm guessing they got that cleared up somehow. Glad for it too, Sif is a fun character and I'm hoping we also see the warriors three.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Not to keep kicking BvS while it's down, but this gif just made me laugh too much to not share.

another in the amazing line of the Laughing Evans series.

The Interview: http://i.imgur.com/SIUI4kk.jpg
On Your Left: http://i.imgur.com/5gv55qn.gifv
In The Storm: http://i.imgur.com/I8zewDb.gif
In The $torm: http://i.imgur.com/RoZIGQ8.gif
The Big Fight: http://i.imgur.com/UFeJpQz.gif
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:47:59 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Too bad X-Men Apocalypse is gonna blow. Good thing it doesn't count.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
If only we could somehow snag Deadpool... gotta leave all his 4th wall breaking for the pop-up "commentary" overlay on the DVD releases though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Check out this upcoming MCU cast list

Doctor Strange - Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Mads Mikkelsen, Michael Stuhlburg, Benedict Wong, Scott Atkins

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillian, Sean Gunn, Glenn Close, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan, Kurt Russell, Sylvester Stallone

Spider-Man: Homecoming - Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr., Marisa Tomei, Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Laura Harrier, Tony Revolori

Thor: Ragnarok - Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Mark Ruffalo, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban, (unconfirmed) Jaime Alexander

Black Panther - Chadwick Boseman, Lupita N'yongo, Michael B. Jordan, Martin Freeman, Andy Serkis, (rumored) John Boyega, (rumored) Chris Evans

Feige stacking the odds in the MCU's favor.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 12:44:25 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
lol does Michael B. Jordan play torch :P?

I hope when they do have The Human Torch in the MCU Chris Evans is still around to have a moment.

"Nice to meet you, your suit looks fantastic." "yours does too"

or maybe there is a scene in a cave where Michael B Jordan and Chris Evan's exchange a torch.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 11:51:50 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
lol does Michael B. Jordan play torch :P?

I hope when they do have The Human Torch in the MCU Chris Evans is still around to have a moment.

"Nice to meet you, your suit looks fantastic." "yours does too"

"You know, I used to be a lot like you: young, hotheaded. But I finally got around the right group of people and got my act together."
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
For those that care, Captain America has been retconned as a sleeper Hydra agent after years of being Captain fucking America.

This is the state of Marvel Comics. While some might argue about the Marvel v DC cinematic efforts, the comics are a much different story. And that is the story of people desperately attempting to sustain relevance for a dying form of media- and sometimes it leads to absolutely absurd solutions like "let's have Satan make Mary Jane and Peter Parker divorce" to now Captain America being a Nazi.

Fun stuff!
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
pFFFFFFFF ahahahahHHHaAAA.

Holy ****, I can't believe people would write such garbage. That **** is lower grade than the Star Wars Prequels or the EU rubbish.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Wait a minute, shouldn't Scott Lang have been really weak when he turned into Giant Man? 100 feet tall but the strength of a 200-lb man, right?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
The comics play pretty fast and loose with this, so I'm not surprised the films do as well.

The movie (Ant-Man) explains the shrinking as "reducing the distance between atoms", which shouldn't affect mass, but Lang can still comfortably sit on a shoulder, arrow, shield, suit of armor, or w/e undetected.  However, he also still punches like a 200lb man.  Likewise, when he's big, he can crush life size objects like they're toys.  Why? Because it's more entertaining that way.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
I played LEGO Marvel's Avengers on Wii U, and that got me interested in and excited about the MCU. I'm going to check out both Avengers movies to see the actual story in non-segmented form. :)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I played LEGO Marvel's Avengers on Wii U, and that got me interested in and excited about the MCU. I'm going to check out both Avengers movies to see the actual story in non-segmented form. :)

I would suggest you actually start from the beginning.
The best part of the MCU is the continuity from movie to movie. The development of each character as they build up to the big events. At this point, it all comes together in Civil War (outside of Guardians, which has no direct connection to the ongoing storyline at this point)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
The continuity in the first wave of movies is sparse except for Agent Colton.

Nick Fury at the end of Iron Man
Tony Stark at the end of Hulk (General Thunderbolt Ross shows up later too)
Thor's Hammer at the end of Iron Man 2
Hawkeye stays in the shadows in Thor Nicky Fury at the end too
Nick Fury at the end of Captain America
Thanos at the end of Avengers

Did I miss any? Next wave almost all of it is connected like crazy

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Except Thanos...