Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157703 times)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
I'm sad there's no more Agent Carter. That was a quirky little series with great chemistry.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Sad to hear.  Agent Carter was better than SHIELD.  Any chance of Netflix picking it up?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
there's always a possibility, but she got a lead role on another ABC show, so I wouldn't be surprised if it skipped a season before resurfacing as a Netflix Original.

And in Thor3 related news:
Feige says Portland not in the movie, and 95% of the movie is not on earth.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/13/thor-ragnarok-natalie-portman

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Hmm. I don't know a lot about Marvel nowadays, but I loved and still enjoy both the 90's Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons on Fox Kids. I need to look into Spectacular Spider-Man that ran on Kids WB.

Also, I really liked the original run of Ultimate Spider-Man (Edit: the comic, that is).

>_>

<_<

;_;

That's all I can contribute.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Well, none of that (outside of a fondness of Marvel in general and wanting to see a good Spider-man on the screen) has much to do with Marvel's Cinematic Universe (X-Men movie rights are with Fox and have nothing to do with Avengers connected movies).

But I can provide you with a list of dozens of hours worth of movies and 100's(?) of hours of TV/Netflix to watch to familiarize yourself with the MCU side of things. Then you'll have plenty to contribute to Marvel's $10 Billion Franchise called the MCU.

edit:
It's official!! With the release of Civil War, the MCU has crossed $10B WW in the theaters.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=avengers.htm

Civil War itself will cross $1B WW next week (currently at ~$950M WW).

and Disney as a whole just took the record for fastest to $1B in domestic gross from Universal w/ just 128 days in 2016 to get there. The movies that contributed most to that were Zootopia, Junglebook & Captain America: CW (Star Wars: TFA apparently counts for it's 2015 release).
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4184&p=.htm

Current Grosses Dom / WW:
Civil War- $296M / $940M
Zootopia - $332M / $970M
The Jungle Book - $312M / $828M

and all 3 are still in the Top 6 in theaters, and all 3 are projected to cross $1B dollars each.
Zootopia and The Jungle Book are far above expectations, with Zootopia having some amazing legs consistently seeing a rise in the charts after a drop. New movies come, and then Zootopia sticks around long enough to watch them leave.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 12:01:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
And yet they still felt the need to can a profitable $1B venture in the Disney Infinity line.

By the way, if anyone liked the marvel DI figures they are getting heavily discounted due to the cancellation.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
They cancelled Disney Infinity?

That sucks. I thought it was doing well in the collectible figurine connected to a kinda functional and mildly amusing very basic sandbox game market.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
It was, but overstock of figures and not meeting their sales expectations caused senior leadership do cut the entire project and close the development studio. 300 people will be out of a job and they were making Disney money, just not enough. And if you read the plans they had for the series there were a lot of cool things coming, including a full-blown crossover story mode and a desegregation of the different worlds (before the game kept Marvel, Star Wars, and Disney level playsets separate due to corporate red-tape).
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Well, none of that (outside of a fondness of Marvel in general and wanting to see a good Spider-man on the screen) has much to do with Marvel's Cinematic Universe (X-Men movie rights are with Fox and have nothing to do with Avengers connected movies).

Oops! I just read the MARVEL BAYBEE part of the topic title. I'm so sorry! :X
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

Oops! I just read the MARVEL BAYBEE part of the topic title. I'm so sorry! :X

LOL, it's all good. Now go play catch up on the movies, and binge watch those Netflix & ABC Shows, then let us know what you think and/or are looking forward to in the process.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
OH MY GOD Marvel just keeps hitting home runs!!!!!! I loooooooved Civil War!!!! LOOOOOVED IT!

Peter Parker was a 15 year old kid! He sounded like one, he acted like one! And while he looked awesome you could tell he was still green and getting used to his powers! YEEEEESSSSS!!!

And the beautiful voice talking on the phone to the main bad guy of the movie... That was *her* wasn't it? black widow?

And Dare Devil season 2 holy smokes and gadzooks! I am loving everything! I need to finish up agent Carter as well. I'm part of the problem but I blame my wife!

Man if I can get on Black Panther I will be so pumped! I want in on the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
No, I don't believe that was Black Widow.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
XD welcome to our world bub! XD Marvel kicks DC's ass anyday.
Made you look ****.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
No, I don't believe that was Black Widow.
Oh. When she said, you should have seen their faces I assumed she was talking about when she let Cap go.

Then do we have any idea who that could have been?

Edit
It was his wife wasn't it? Listening to the old voice mail and she was talking about the kids?

@Lucario the booty head
You don't have to tell me, I've been a super Marvel fan forever wondering when Cinematic DC is going to get it together.

Oh since this is the marvel thread let me find this old picture, be right back!

That was me years ago just before Disney bought the license to Marvel and the weight of the world had yet to crush my spirit.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:45:04 AM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
that picture is awesome, for a second I thought it was a drawing
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Are you Storm in that picture?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
I'm surprised you haven't made any Zootopia DMCA jokes yet Brandogg.
Made you look ****.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
the DMCA in the Disney movie Zootopia, have you seen it yet? It's pretty good.
Made you look ****.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Nope. I think you mean the DMV though.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
of yeah that's it. what's DMCA?
Made you look ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
of yeah that's it. what's DMCA?

The Internet IP Police
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Sounds horrible.
Made you look ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Looks like Agents of SHIELD is moving to 10pm next season
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/17/abc-fall-schedule

Looks like AoS has finally settled on how their core audience is, and is going to fully embrace that
Moving #AgentsofSHIELD to 10 p.m. will let Marvel "go a little bit edgier, go a little darker and take some risks."--ABC chief

sounds good to me. More Netflix like AoS on ABC late night.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I'm really hoping that one reason AoS is movng back in the schedule (besides the "edgier darker tone".... and low ratings) is to make room for Damage Control, which is supposed to be a 30 minute comedy.

I know the DVTverse is supposedly coming out with a show called Powerless that is very similar, but Marvel announced theirs first, and I'm very invested in the MCU, so I think we all know where my bias may land. Not that I won't also check out Powerless, as I'm also very invested in the DCTverse as well, but I don't know if it's connected to anything like Damage Control will be or not.

and the updated chart (also in the OP)