Author Topic: My Pokemon Rumble U shame  (Read 3597 times)

Offline Miyamoto

• Only person correctly capable of predicting the Switch's demise
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
My Pokemon Rumble U shame
« on: August 24, 2013, 07:06:18 AM »
I think I need help. I'm a grown-ass man that has shelled out far too much on the little Pokemon Rumble U figurines. This is not healthy. I haven't even tried the game yet and I've got 9 of the little things at £4 a pop already. Americans heed my advice and stay well away... if anyone wants to trade doubles, DM me... (sobs)

Offline Miyamoto

• View Profile
Re: My Pokemon Rumble U shame
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 07:53:42 AM »
Check this out:

:Q

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:17:37 AM »
Nice. Don't be sad a least its not Skylanders or Disney nfinity. Now those are crack.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 10:15:29 AM »
how come nobody ever makes these figures poseable with moveable arms and legs?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 10:30:59 AM »
Nice. Don't be sad a least its not Skylanders or Disney nfinity. Now those are crack.

Infinity and Rumble are taking the most basic aspect of Skylanders (buy these toys!), but little of what makes the toys actually useful.  With Rumble, they're using the toys as keys for in-game locks.  Skylanders and Infinity, you can level up and improve the toy, then bring it to another game or a friend's house and still have all those upgrades.  Then, there's the aspect of Infinity that irks me the most - the fact that you can only use certain figures in certain levels.  It would have been super-cool to have been able to use famous Disney characters from one movie in another game, but... blah.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 12:17:38 PM »

Infinity and Rumble are taking the most basic aspect of Skylanders (buy these toys!), but little of what makes the toys actually useful.  With Rumble, they're using the toys as keys for in-game locks.  Skylanders and Infinity, you can level up and improve the toy, then bring it to another game or a friend's house and still have all those upgrades.  Then, there's the aspect of Infinity that irks me the most - the fact that you can only use certain figures in certain levels.  It would have been super-cool to have been able to use famous Disney characters from one movie in another game, but... blah.

But the toys are optional in Rumble U. why leveling up toys are cool its he only way to play the game. Plus all the items being random boosters.

I think the devs said the play sets are made for certain characters since others would break the game.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 12:32:03 AM »
Miyamoto is your avatar from the *ahem* movie, the room, if so you realise that's voted as the worst movie ever right!?
Made you look ****.

Offline Miyamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 06:55:22 AM »
Miyamoto is your avatar from the *ahem* movie, the room, if so you realise that's voted as the worst movie ever right!?

Keep your stupid comments in your pocket!

So I played a bit of the game and surprise, surprise it's not very good. You essentially just run around mashing buttons until you win. In a way that's kinda good for me, if the game was actually good then the toy addiction could be a serious problem, as it is I'll probably just buy a few more and then leave it at that.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 09:36:45 PM »
Why don't you!?
Made you look ****.

Offline Miyamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 05:50:21 PM »
So, it turns out that the Eevee that I have is a chase variant and is going on ebay for over £20. Score!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-Rumble-U-Wii-U-Shiny-Eevee-Figure-Mint-Unused-NFC-/171114191718?pt=UK_VideoGames_Merchandise_RL&hash=item27d7335b66

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 06:35:40 PM »
Even more, it turns out you can use Skylanders figures in Rumble. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 06:41:35 PM »
Even more, it turns out you can use Skylanders figures in Rumble. ;)

How does that work?