With Inflation.... 5+ easy!!
2 (33.3%)
Gotta be at least 3-4 movies
1 (16.7%)
Maybe 1, no more than 2
2 (33.3%)
NONE - a big fat ZERO
0 (0%)
(i watched the video before voting..... :/)
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Marvel vs DC: Highest Grossing Movies over time - including inflation (POLL)  (Read 10976 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I was just post this in the MCU Thread for obvious reasons... that become extremely obvious towards the end, moreso than in the beginning :D
But I figured maybe this will have some discussion that can be centered around both DC & Marvel, so a new thread it it!!!

Marvel vs DC: Highest Grossing Moves over time - including inflation (place your bets)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAGdedgvWKI

« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 12:51:39 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I went with 1 or 2. I know DC has a few bangers, but the sheer number of hits in Marvel's camp makes me think there will be Dark Knight Rises and perhaps BatVsSupes or Justice League.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Just watching how the chart changes when IW and then Endgame hit made me say "dayum".

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Also went 1-2, but didn't think about how many would be on the chart by the end. But I also over estimated some of the earlier MCU movies.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I knew Dark Knight/Rises would be up there, but did not realize how well OG Supes did.
My Game Collection

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
That also surprised me.  I guess Supes1 was still during that time when movies would be in theatres for months on end.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Rises would probably be higher if an asshole hadn't shot up the theater. I really liked Rises too. I dug Bane, and the Tale of Two Cities theme.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
You know, as much buzz as Deadpool got for being an R Rated superhero flick and Black Panther got for the whole PoC superhero shtick... Blade really seemes like it kicked off the early "modern" superhero movie genere.  Before it, we had the campy but fun Superman and Batman movies.  Then Blade comes in and everything else follows.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Blade is plenty campy though maybe not on purpose? If not for The Big Lebowski, it’d have the unquestioned best movie quote from 1998. “Some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill.” It doesn’t even make sense when Blade says it.

Man, Blade was awesome. I have to watch it again.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
I don't think the original Blade was intended to be campy at the time.  I know they worked hard to inject humor into 2 and 3, but I think the first was intended to be taken on face value.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Blade most definitely kicked off the modern "serious" Superhero movie run we got now.

and the first 2 were awesome. Blade 1 was one of the few movies that I would not only watch more than once, but it was one of 2 movies that I would consistently watch over an over again back in the day.

slightly off topic:
I'm really curious how Feige is going to handle Blade though..... will Blade and Deadpool start off the Marvel Studios "Marvel Knights" branding, and get R ratings?
or will Blade just push a Hard PG-13 rating?

back on topic:
If the list ended w/ a Top 15, Spider-Man: FFH would have been #15 on that list
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 12:01:24 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I was just looking up Blade clips on The Youtube. I forgot about the “Motherfucker, are you out of your damn mind?” line. That movie is so fun.

That said, I really want that R rating for MCU Blade. I hope Wesley Snipes is somehow involved.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Yeah, there's some consensus that it really wasn't Iron Man 1 that set us in this direction, it was the Blade series.  But it really did, if indirectly, kick off the MCU.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
You mean Spider-man 1?

There's always credit given to Raimi SM for kicking off the current superhero run, but that's only because most people forget Blade was actually based on a comic book to begin with. He wasn't a popular and/or known character back then.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I thought X-Men was out before Spidey 1? Still can't believe how long ago that "pre-MCU" era was for super hero films.
My Game Collection

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
It did. Almost a whole year earlier.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
and then Blade predated the X-Men. August 21st 1998. So yes Blade is the movie that started the super hero movie craze after Steel and Batman and Robin put the super hero genre on ice. Yes an ice pun. I can't resist.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
and then Blade predated the X-Men. August 21st 1998. So yes Blade is the movie that started the super hero movie craze after Steel and Batman and Robin put the super hero genre on ice. Yes an ice pun. I can't resist.

That was a cool use of puns, BeautifulShy...
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Blade also works as a vampire movie. I have some strict organization policy for my shelves and I almost put it in vampire, but I put it in superheroes.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post