Author Topic: Post of the Month Contest - win $10 eShop Credit  (Read 21097 times)

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Post of the Month Contest - win $10 eShop Credit
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 07:42:09 AM »
But did you have an issue with Lucariofan's posting before the ban or think he should have been banned for it?
Bob said he banned him for spamming the other forums with Torgue. Normally I would have a problem with Lucariofans posts, but at the time I was playing BL2, I like Torgue, it was funny, so I took some bias originally and thought it was fine. Any other time and as of now, I feel like he did deserve it for letting it leech into the other forums. Any forum site you go on, you would be banned for the same thing. This site shouldn't be any different just because there is funhouse.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2015, 11:09:31 AM »
I was merely attempting to show a parallel of past occasions involving you and other forum members [...] I'm just noting what looks like a pattern of behavior with you from my eyes which you may not realize or see.

You mean to say that the one person who has been an active moderator (and not just active, but, for the most part, one of 2-3 people) of the same forum for something like ten years (and didn't even get a cake) seems to have a couple of run-ins with forum members?

Speaking of things that may not be seen, again, I'm not the only one who took official moderator actions in all three of these cases.  You know it's bad when someone besides me takes action. ;)

Just because most forum users usually agree with me doesn't make me think I speak for them all.

[...]

I have no problem referencing "forum users" as being on my side because, of the forum users that have spoken up or talked about this, there seem to be way more on my side than ones that agree with you.

Three quick things:

A.) It's not about a numbers game.  Majority rules isn't the game here.  As an aside from that, merely seeing what is posted on the forum doesn't give you access to PMs or messages sent by the "Report to Moderator" link.

B.) There were several people who posted in support of discipline, but didn't agree with the length of the ban (as you pointed out).  None of these people have access to Lucario's moderation history and none were aware that he was told the last time he received a 3-Day ban that the next ban would be for 30 days.  That ban was issued on March 23rd (again, for that one insult he'd already been warned for three other times)  The recent ban was issued on April 28th - roughly a month later.  If it had been three years down the road or something, I may have been inclined to go more lenient on his ban - but a month?

C.) As I posted at the time, I would not have objected if any other moderator had chose to go in and lower the length of the ban.  Neither one of the more-active moderators who posted in the thread it was being discussed at the time seemed inclined to take action - and they also have the ability to see his entire moderation history.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2015, 09:15:18 PM »
I think Lucariofan has been given plenty of warnings. I don't think his age should be a factor, or have any of us say "Well, he's younger. He doesn't know any better." I think that's hogwash, and I should be banned for using a term like hogwash when I'm only 29 and a suburban male. Regardless, slurs whether homophobic (which is annoying to me because I am bisexual myself) or racial (which is stupid because of recent events and just history in general) should not be tolerated, and making an alt account to bypass a ban should not be tolerated.

That said, I like him because he brings humor (sometimes, most of the time it's lame meme humor) to the site, and he's enthusiastic. I ain't doing no review with him, though.

Anyway, give me the $10 eShop credit. I want to get Mega Man & Bass to prepare for Mega Man 8 on PSN this Wednesday. That was the first classic Mega Man game I beat-- 8, that is.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2015, 09:38:24 PM »
To get this back on track, I'd like to nominate Khushrenada's work in this thread, which I think is some of the most brilliant avant-garde performance art in the history of this site, where he goes to great lengths to provoke reactions from hapless readers.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2015, 09:39:27 PM »
I was fully expecting *someone* to nominate that thread. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2015, 09:49:35 PM »
Oh boy! Not only do I take UncleBob to task for what the "degrees" are for a proper Talkback post, I could also take his $10 bucks also. Everything is coming up Khushrenada!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2015, 10:22:33 PM »
I could never beat Mega Man & Bass because of those last King stages. One had you pursuing a pod boss aboard floating platforms and above a bottomless pit. Sort of like Mecha Dragon in Mega Man 2, but you're pursuing the boss instead of the other way around. That was a big pain. I'd like the restore points to help out. So yeah, give me the $10 now.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2015, 12:39:34 AM »
You know I just noticed something... you know all that talk about certain kinds of posts that don't belong in talkback (I almost put don't belong in the funhouse, that would've ruined this whole thing) by a certain moderator by the name of Unclebob?

Well let's take a nice look at the NWR feedback forum description, oh and before I forget...

Right now here's that description:
Give us feedback about the site or these forums. Any questions for Forum Moderators belong here.

Note that there is no mention of forum posting contests, which means we already have a problem because this isn't one of the broad and open ended subforums like general chat or the funhouse, this subforum exists for the very specific purpose of bugging Megabyte over some broken ad placement and stuff like that.

So as you can imagine this thread should have been taken care of by our Good and Honest Hero of the Forums Unclebob but, well, I can understand why this can be overlooked when you are so busy protecting the sanctity of talkback from dirty heathens like Khush who seek to defile it with unnecessary harlem shake gifs.

It also helps that the miscreant who created this misplaced thread has expressly banned staff members from winning this contest, he also went out of his way to specifically state that Unclebob was unable to win, no doubt out of fear of the Patented Unclebob Staff of Almighty Justice, or as it's more commonly known, to keep the other mods from feeling jealous, the Banhammer.

In addition the nefarious, no good, popplewick who made this thread is using offers of eshop codes to fool unsuspecting forum members into posting in this thread and thus making them accomplices in breaking The Infallible and Trusted (but definitely in need of a revamp if that's what The Great Unclebob wants) Forum Rules.

But I have no doubt that with these revelations justice shall be delivered. After all, nobody gets past The One, The Only (discounting that false god Vudu) NWR Junior Ranger., I just saved him the paperwork.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2015, 12:57:50 AM »
Pokepal's post here pretty clearly illustrates why we haven't given a specific set of rules for TalkBack, because certain posters here are basically 7 year olds, taking every instruction and twisting and contorting it to be as obnoxious as possible.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2015, 01:32:46 AM »
Even the mods.

Oh no, I've said too much!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2015, 01:58:48 AM »
Even the mods.

Especially the mods.

J.P. Corbran

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2015, 02:19:43 PM »
Even the mods.

Especially the mods.
it's not all bad, that's how we got rid of a certain poster who I won't name.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2015, 10:18:12 PM »
Stop this trickery! You're being too subtle.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2015, 12:18:57 AM »
A.) It's not about a numbers game.  Majority rules isn't the game here.  As an aside from that, merely seeing what is posted on the forum doesn't give you access to PMs or messages sent by the "Report to Moderator" link.

As a response to this which bugs me every time I see it, I realize that majority rule doesn't apply. I'm well aware of the rule which basically states a moderator can rule however they want on a subject which is why I try not too get too involved in such matters as there is always that caveat. However, I only brought up the numbers because you made the decision to comment on my wording about forum members and many users by implying I was the only feeling this way even though there was plenty of evidence to the contrary. I then reminded you of that evidence to show my wording was not incorrect and now you decide to state that majority rule doesn't matter which you could have stated before instead of causing this pointless sidebar or skipped bringing up altogether because if majority rule doesn't matter, then who cares if I'm the only one who feels this way about the Lucariofan99 situation? Even if everyone else did feel the same, majority rule doesn't matter. Gah, I hate these pointless little nitpicks and side fights that don't do anything to help your case or ruin mine but that you always seem to focus on more than the real stuff that matters. It's just circling back over stuff that changes nothing about the comment in the first place and one wonders why it is ever brought up at all.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.