Author Topic: Oh Em Gee iPhone 4 yay!11  (Read 35531 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Em Gee iPhone 4 yay!11
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2011, 06:08:36 AM »
I just had to send my phone back to Apple because of a malfunctioning home button (maybe Steve was right: buttons are evil). I just wanted to post about how great the process is for doing that. I fill out a quick form on the site, they give me a thing to print out, I back up and wipe the phone, take out the sim card, and take it to a UPS store, where they package the phone for me and send it out.

This is why I love Apple: everything they do is designed to make the experience great for the user. Sometimes it causes problems and results in missing functionality, but most of the time it's awesome.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2011, 05:00:14 PM »
Verizon does the same thing with any of their phones, except they'll overnight you the replacement first, then you send yours in within 10 days. Actually if you catch them early enough in the morning, it's possible to get a replacement on the same day (or just go to one of their stores and get a replacement).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2011, 05:44:49 PM »
If there were an Apple Store that didn't require me to drive two hours to get to I could have just taken it there and gotten a replacement. I'm still pissed they haven't opened one here. Apparently you can take a Verizon iPhone to a Verizon store to get it serviced, but the same isn't true for AT&T. I have no problems with AT&T coverage where I am, but I'm still probably going to end up switching to Verizon with my next one.

I wonder what AT&T is going to base its ad campaign for iPhone around once Apple discontinues the 3GS and they can't sell those for $49 anymore, and I'm assuming the next model will feature the new tech that lets CDMA phones do voice and data at the same time. They'd be pretty much screwed.

J.P. Corbran

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2011, 06:45:58 PM »
It's not the phone, it's the network. They'll keep using that argument until Apple goes 4G. As far as I know, LTE doesn't have the same limitations as CDMA, so at that point, AT&T is SOL, unless that T-Mobile buy out goes through and they can roll out a 4G network as big as Verizon's.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2011, 09:32:41 PM »
You can use voice and data at the same time on CDMA, I do it on my Thunderbolt, and no, I don't have 4G LTE. It has SVDO as opposed to EVDO, so technically, it is the phone.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2011, 09:53:32 PM »
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I remember speculation over whether the Verizon iPhone would have it. It didn't, but I would be shocked if this year's model didn't. What I'm afraid of, though, is that making the phone compatible with both GSM and CDMA, as reports are suggesting, will mean they won't have the internal space to upgrade storage capacity and we'll be stuck at 32 GB for another year.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2011, 12:19:35 AM »
That doesn't really make any sense. A 64GB chip would be the same size as a 32GB chip, unless the just double amount of chips, which would be a pretty stupid way to do it. I've fixed *many* iPhone 4s, and the motherboard takes up maybe 1/2 the size of the phone, probably even less. The biggest piece (aside from the front and back) is the battery, unlike the iPhones before it where the motherboard was the same size as the phone. It basically looks like an "L block" from Tetris, and that's including the rear camera, which is a separate piece on it's own. Point being - if they say that because of having dual radios means they have less space, that's pure horse ****. Remember any features missing from the phone is purely on Apple.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2011, 12:55:11 AM »
Gsm and CDMA support? What year is it in America? I think those networks got shut down in Australia.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.