Author Topic: NWR Castlevania Month: Dracula X  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Apollo5

• Addison Webb
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
NWR Castlevania Month: Dracula X
« on: October 07, 2014, 11:50:42 AM »

Take a quick look back on the history of the rare Super Nintendo title which recently made its way to the Wii U Virtual Console.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/video/38675/nwr-castlevania-month-dracula-x

Addison Webb

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Castlevania Month: Dracula X
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 12:19:17 AM »
If i wanted to go through entire series, should i play Rondo of Blood or Dracula X?
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Penguin_Of_Thyme

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 12:50:47 AM »
I've never seen anyone say they enjoyed Dracula X over Rondo of Blood. Admittedly, I have not played Dracula X on SNES, but I can say from personal experience that Rondo of Blood is awesome. Also, Rondo has a stellar CD quality soundtrack.
Jared Rosenberg
Video Producer, Nintendo World Report

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 01:15:07 AM »
Rondo Rondo Rondo. Get it on Wii Virtual Console (can be played on Wii U via Wii Mode).
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Apollo5

• Addison Webb
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »
I would say if you really want to play through the entire series play both.  They are very different games.  Dracula X is like if you played Rondo of Blood and then were tasked with creating a port from your memory.  The overall concept is similar but the level designs are different.  After playing both I am glad I did.  It's one of those crazy video game legacies that I find to be fascinating.

Rondo of blood is available on Wii VC as well as the PSP as Dracula X Chronicles which includes a remake of Rondo of blood as well as the original and Symphony of the Night as unlockables.
Addison Webb

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 03:26:20 PM »
Rondo is a far, far better game than Dracula X. I can't recommend the latter unless you're some kind of series completionist.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 06:40:11 PM »
Having now played Dracula X for the site's review, I can attest to its horribleness. It's Rondo without any of the things that make Rondo good, and also without the gameplay improvements that made Super Castlevania IV so enjoyable. It is also brutally, unforgivably difficult--especially if you're trying to save both women.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.