NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade Review

(1/1)

Daan:
Do you want some bunnies with that Angry Birds?http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/38772/angry-bunnies-colossal-carrot-crusade-reviewTo be frank, I like a game of Angry Birds once in a while. It is simple and clean fun and makes for a good time waster when on the move. From the outset, that is immediately the biggest problem with Angry Bunnies. Even if it was a very competent clone, I would prefer downloading the Nintendo 3DS eShop release. The fact of the matter is Angry Bunnies is not that good of a game. It knows what it wants to be but finds ways to still make it an unappealing product. Take the controls for example. They are useable in their most basic forms, but when it becomes technical, the simple strategy gameplay starts to fall apart a bit. You will have to steer the bunnies in very unorthodox ways towards the Foxes and never feel that you are fully in control. Angry Bunnies really wants to give you the idea of various angles and options, but more often than not, they come off as frustrating and needlessly complicated. You will get to used it over time, but I didn't find it worth that hassle. The physics and hit detection also really come off as wonky. Even when I manage to work with these controls, Angry Bunnies sometimes misses me collecting the carrots spread across the stages. At other moments, hits have far less impact than they actually should have. This side did not happen too often, but when it did hit, I always wanted to throw my controller in anger. The game at least looks colorful and has a pleasant enough look that might entice people to take a glance at it. Angry Bunnies also offers plenty of levels and these should keep you entertained for a good number of hours. The product also has online leaderboards which allow you to challenge others the proper way and compare scores over the Nintendo Network. However, in the end Angry Bunnies is nothing more than a diversion. You might play it for a few hours and get some challenging moments throughout, but it is nothing to write home about as the physics are not tight and the controls require too much twitchy movement from the player. Perhaps you will get enticed by its colorful presentation, but even that appeal does not last. You are better off finding the Angry Birds Trilogy somewhere on the cheap!

famicomplicated:
I don't think this game was what people had in mind when they warned the 3DS was losing ground to smartphone games...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version