NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Canceled Star Wars Rogue Squadron Trilogy on Wii Surfaces Online

(1/2) > >>

Steel Diver:
This game went the way of Porkins.http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38764/canceled-star-wars-rogue-squadron-trilogy-on-wii-surfaces-onlineA Star Wars Rogue Squadron Collection was almost completed when it was canceled for the Wii.Originally being developed as a trilogy collection for the original Xbox, multiple canceled projects revived the then 50% completed title for the Wii. Factor 5, the now dead developer of the game, implemented many control methods, including GameCube controllers, Wii Motion Plus, Wii Balance Board, and Wii Wheel support. There were even new lightsaber battles using 1:1 motion controls with the then new Motion Plus. In the end the game was never released, mainly due to financial struggles with Lucasarts and other companies involved. The former president of Factor 5 Julian Eggebrecht says of the game "Believe me, if you ever saw it running on the Wii at 60 [fps], it is by far - and I think I'm not overstating that - the technically most impressive thing you would ever see on [Wii]."At this moment in time no Star Wars games are currently being worked on, at least publicly for Nintendo platforms. A new Battlefront game is coming from Dice, the developer behind the Battlefield series, however it is not for the Wii U.

motang:
Damn, wish it weren't!  :'(

mustbeburt:
When you say it surfaced online - you just mean those couple videos, right?  Right?

Leo13:
I heard about this last week on IGN's NVC podcast. Makes me wonder how much money an investor would have to front to get this completed game out to market either on Wii (cheaper option) or Wii U (cooler option)

Mop it up:
I'd buy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version