Author Topic: Scary Nintendo Memories  (Read 2291 times)

Offline tylerohlew

• NWR Staff
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
Scary Nintendo Memories
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:30:24 PM »

The moments that spook us most.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/32307

We're a brave bunch most of the year, but when Halloween rolls around, certain repressed gaming experiences rise to haunt us once again. Sometimes, it's even a Nintendo game (or a game on a Nintendo system) that gets the better of us.

Join some of the NWR staff as they recount their odd, embarrassing, or even truly frightening Nintendo memories!

Offline StrawHousePig

• a tag
  • Score: -8
    • View Profile
    • Title available upon http request.
Re: Scary Nintendo Memories
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 02:53:51 PM »
The catacombs in Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. You'd hear the Leapers coming in the dark and then *BOOM!* a Purlin busts through the wall right in front of you.
Old gamers never die, we just run out of quarters.

Offline Stark_Nebula

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 04:23:22 PM »
If you ask me, the scariest Nintendo game out there is Metroid Fusion. When I was 10 that game scared the crap out of me on several occasions. :L

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 05:18:24 PM »
Ocarina of time. Those hands that grab if you stand in one spot too long. I was young at the time, scared the crap outta me, I didn't start the game again until 6 months later.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 05:27:39 PM »
Eel.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Blur256

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »
Seems like people are forgetting about Eternal Darkness for the gamecube. The sanity meter in that game did some crazy things especially the one that Told you it was reformatting the memory card.  :D

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 07:50:11 PM »
Playing Shadowgate on the NES as a very young child scared the hell out of me. Mostly, I think it was the creepy music. It still sends chills down my spine any time I hear it. In retrospect the game doesn't seem very scary at all, but at the time I honestly could not play it once it started getting dark because I got way too freaked out. It's weird how exaggerated those feeling of being frightened can be when you're young. I remember playing that game and feeling absolute dread about going through the next door for fear of what might be there.

For those who have never played it check out the video below.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:03:04 PM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 07:39:06 AM »
If you ask me, the scariest Nintendo game out there is Metroid Fusion. When I was 10 that game scared the crap out of me on several occasions. :L
You mean when "that enemy" showed up? Yeah, that psyched me out as well (and I was four to five years older) and it still drives my pulse to new heights whenever I get to these parts of the game.

One thing that gave me nightmares (note: I was 18 at the time) was the first form of the final boss in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Being mixed up with some elements from Saw.

Offline StrawHousePig

• a tag
  • Score: -8
    • View Profile
    • Title available upon http request.
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 05:29:35 PM »
Yeah, Prime one would give me the heebie-jeebies. Excellent set of games, those.
Old gamers never die, we just run out of quarters.