Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674459 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I see them wanting to rest him as much as possible, but not extend the series if they don't need to.
Warriors in 5 is my guess, but I think Dubs in 6 is worse case scenario.

Tend to agree, although I think (a) they want Durant back on the floor for a few minutes before the series ends to get some time before heading to the finals, and (b) I think you are underestimating how badly Portland wants this.

While ending in 5 games is definitely possible, I like Warriors in 6 this series because I think the Blazers have enough self-confidence and determination to pull a pair of wins - probably one at home and one away?  With Durant out for a few games, the match ups are also balanced enough to be interesting IMO.

a) is why I stated Durant will be back by Game 4 no matter what. Even if we won the previous 3. He will need some live game time before the Finals.
b) Doesn't matter that much to me, as The Warriors led by Curry have swept Dame in the playoffs. 6-0 I believe. Steph shows up and shows out against the Blazers. If Super Saiyan Steph was gonna be activated, I'd expect him to be present in this series for sure.

pre-post edit:
https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/stephen_curry_vs_damian_lillard.htm

Warriors and Steph may have never completely crushed the souls of Dame and the Blazers, but damn does Steph own them.
Dame and the Blazers can "want this" all they want, but until they go out and get it, and not just get it, but take it, from the reigning champs and owners of their soul, it just doesn't matter.

I expect a good, hard played, well matched, but relatively short 5 game series.
Not this year Dame.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 10:14:22 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
I disagree, but look forward to seeing how it plays out either way.
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
So the draft lottery just happened and the top 4 is this in this order.  Pelicans, Grizzlies, Knicks and Lakers.

This is the whole order.
1. New Orleans Pelicans
2. Memphis Grizzlies
3. New York Knicks
4. Los Angeles Lakers
5. Cleveland Cavaliers
6. Phoenix Suns
7. Chicago Bulls
8. Atlanta Hawks
9. Washington Wizards
10. Atlanta Hawks
11. Minnesota Timberwolves
12. Charlotte Hornets
13. Miami Heat
14. Boston Celtics
15.Detroit Pistons
16.Orlando Magic
17.Brooklyn Nets
18.Indiana Pacers
19.San Antonio Spurs
20.Boston Celtics
21.Oklahoma City Thunder
22.Boston Celtics
23.Utah Jazz
24.Philadelphia 76ers
25.Portland Trail Blazers
26.Cleveland Cavaliers
27.Brooklyn Nets
28.Golden State Warriors
29.San Antonio Spurs
30.Milwaukee Bucks
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 09:30:20 PM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
I love it when teams waste away a once-in-a-generation talent and then get immediately rewarded with a mulligan. I can't wait to see how NOLA ruins Zion.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I mean they did clean out Dell Demps from the front office after he rejected the Laker offer so maybe they can work something out.  Question is now is where is Julius Randle is going to fit in with the team?  I mean if everyone stays you have Holiday at PG or SG, AD at Center, Zion likely at PF and Randle at PF too?  Randle is a free agent this summer so he could be on the way out maybe to the Suns for the 6th pick and pieces and the Suns can sign a point guard in the offseason?  However it is looking like despite getting the 1st pick AD is still interested in a trade. 

Who knows at this stage.  I am pretty excited for the Lakers who jumped up seven spots from 11th though. Tankathon has the Lakers taking Jarrett Culver which the SG position is a little bit weak with KCP, Hart and Bullock there.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
So.....did Enes Kanter bet money on the Warriors or what? The Portland bigs acting like Steph can't hit threes wide open coming off the pick-and-roll. This was pretty much a gift-wrapped win for GSW.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
As the Pels, would you even want to keep AD?  It's not like Zion is the missing piece to make them a contender, and while AD is an amazing player he's also disgruntled and often hurt. I'd rather see them trade for the best package possible and rebuild around Williamson with hard-working players who want to be there, focusing on a strong future instead of hoping to convince AD to re-sign next year.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
So.....did Enes Kanter bet money on the Warriors or what? The Portland bigs acting like Steph can't hit threes wide open coming off the pick-and-roll. This was pretty much a gift-wrapped win for GSW.

No, that's just Kanter being every bit the player I knew him as when he was on the Jazz.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Actually it looks like this is a strategy Terry Stotts actually considered viable.

https://twitter.com/NBCSNorthwest/status/1128511696140689413

If letting Steph shoot his way out of a slump mid-game was an actual gameplan I think it's safe to call this an easy GSW series.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
The Pels were in bad shape, especially in the early (Hornets) years.  I think the team is gonna get its **** together this time.  I really hope they don't take a wait-and-see with AD.  I like the idea of building around Zion, getting a younger core and extra picks.  AD wants to compete now, and I'd like him to. But we might need to see how free agency shakes out, if Kyrie and KD really do go to the Knicks together.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
So, someone asked how last nights Warriors v Blazers game went last night.

Well, let me sum it for you in 1 short clip.
https://twitter.com/gswchris/status/1128489697817264128

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
I watched the first half of the Warriors game and it seemed pretty close except for Curry grabbing a quick six points in the last 40 seconds due to poor defense.  From the boxscore, it looks like the third quarter was still competitive too. Shame that only one team came out to play for the fourth quarter.

The Bucks/Raps game has just started. I'm worried this first game will be a blowout.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I went to the store yesterday and the Warriors/Blazers game was on and in the 3rd quarter and the Warriors were up by 17. Tonights game though is looking close. End of the 3rd Raptors up 83-76.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
... in the 3rd quarter and the Warriors were up by 17. ...

And that's why a boxscore doesn't tell the whole story?
(Blazers won the third by 3, and it was just a 6 point game going into the fourth.)

Raptors have played well this game. I feel like Bucks will hit a bunch of shots in the fourth and come back though.

--
Dang - it's not over yet, but what a game from Lopez. He was such a great pick up for Milwaukee with his shooting. But until this year I never really thought he played solid defense. Rim protection has been solid.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:45:31 PM by ejamer »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
But what the Box score also didn't tell you, is that the Warriors weren't even playing all that hard.
Blazers weren't really challenging them, and the score should've been much worse if that was the level of defense the Blazers were gonna bring on the biggest stage they touching this year ;)

I think the only 3 that didn't get play time during real game time were the bottom 3 on the bench.
Bell, Evans III, Lee.

I'm sure the next game won't be the same. The Blazers were understandably worn and tired having just come off two 7 game series back to back with only a day rest inbetween.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Kevin Durant will be re-re-evaluated next week after Game 5. Boogie will also be re-evaluated as well. Doesn't look like either will be ready until the Finals.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Kevin Durant will be re-re-evaluated next week after Game 5. Boogie will also be re-evaluated as well. Doesn't look like either will be ready until the Finals.

Ah, so they might not be back at all...
*whistle*

Seriously though, Blazers in a good spot at half-time.
Then again, so were the Raptors last night - and that disappeared pretty quickly when the Bucks started romping through the fourth quarter.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I didn’t watch the game, but the last time I looked at the score, the Warriors were down by eight with less than seven minutes left in the fourth quarter. They won by three. That was your chance, Blazers.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Ugh they couldn't hold on to the lead. With 2 mins left in the 4th Blazers were up 6 but that is barely a cushion for the Warriors.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I know... they needed a 10pt cushion with only 2 minutes left....

it's crazy to say that and not even have a hint of sarcasm....

It's amazing what a little offensive rebounding will do for your team though.
and Iggy with the snatch on Lillard. LMAO Iggy had to run back to the locker room to dip his hands in ice water.

Good game though. I'm just glad the Dubs saved it for the 2nd half, since I couldn't watch till then anyway.
Blazers may get game 3, but honestly.... it's not really gonna matter. odds are not in their favor.

edit:
Game of Zones S6E6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bBUsXFQzBM
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:36:33 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
It’s a thing of beauty to watch the Warriors still win without Kevin Durant.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
So.....

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1129235414710198272

GSW probably misdiagnosed KD's injury. Whoops.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Instead of a grade 1 (4-7 days)
It's a grade 2 strain (10-20)?

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Warriors got a nice win yesterday and a big lift from everyone. That being said Portland did make the necessary adjustments so it's up to GSW to keep getting Zach Collins in foul trouble so they can feast on Enes and Leonard.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Yikes the Bucks are clamping down on the Raptors at the half;64-39. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss