Author Topic: The Conduit 2 confirmed.  (Read 44677 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit 2 confirmed.
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2010, 03:51:12 PM »
I understand the theory and thought of it myself already, but I just don't see why parental controls could not be the way to handle these situations.

If a parent is so concerned over the language that is to be spoken over voice chat then maybe they wouldn't have bout them that game in the first place or would have set parental controls to block certain aspects of certain games based on the games rating without a parental unlock code.

but.... OTOH, I think an individual earpiece is probably the better way to go anyway. But can you do 4 individual earpieces for 4 player local online multi?

But in the future, a Wiispeak device that also work with a wireless earpiece (like cell phone speaker and bluetooth earpiece) would be the best route to take. WiiSpeak out of the box and wireless earpiece optional add-on, but that's just another idea for the Wii2 thread.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2010, 01:51:52 AM »
Here's the thing - the Headbanger is a good idea, but a bad implementation. It should not be powered by USB, but by the Wiimote itself and the signal should be sent over bluetooth. It could have a passthru for adding the Nunchuck into the mix. Oh well, too late.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2010, 05:29:09 PM »
Would that have a greater potential for lag?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2010, 05:43:42 PM »
Would that have a greater potential for lag?

Yeah, I don't think it would be good to feed it through the WiiMote. The Move reportedly has lag issues. Maybe there was a reason the WiiMote was made the way it was with less buttons. How much data can go over bluetooth?

It would have probably been easier if they had just made a wireless receiver for the headset though.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2010, 06:37:19 PM »
The Wii can receive signals from upto 7 bluetooth devices at once so a separate blue tooth device that hooks up through the uSB slot shouldn't even be needed unless you are doing 4 players watch with their own headbanger. But can you do local multi splitscreen while doing online multi at the same time?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2010, 08:22:43 PM »
Okay new gameplay trailer is up.You can find it below.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sgprZqfsdwU

Looks pretty cool and intense.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2010, 03:14:24 AM »
Okay new gameplay trailer is up.You can find it below.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sgprZqfsdwU

Looks pretty cool and intense.

maybe if the framerate wasn't so choppy

but I'm sure the actual game will run as smooth as the first did

EDIT: could be because it's in the European standard 24.95 frames instead of the NA 29.97?

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2011, 12:24:00 AM »
Looks like there are still a few slots left, so Bay Area crowd, go for it: http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2011/01/24/conduit-2-hands-on-multiplayer-event/
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2011, 04:09:00 AM »
Are you going to give your thoughts on the event after you go? Would be great to get more insight on the multiplayer.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2011, 01:42:36 PM »
MegaByte.  I'm looking forward to impressions from the event.  I actually enjoyed the first one.  Though I liked the games conspiracy theory hodge podge story more than the multiplayer. I'll have to wait for this one cause of saving up for 3DS.  But hopefully I'll get it sometime later in the spring.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2011, 02:59:59 PM »
Should potential purchasers be concerned that Sega's website put it's images on flickr?

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »
Are you going to give your thoughts on the event after you go? Would be great to get more insight on the multiplayer.
Definitely. I'm also going to try to get direct feed video, and will attempt a livestream video of the event.
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2011, 03:52:40 PM »
Will there be a recording of the livestream so I can watch it after work?

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2011, 04:01:37 PM »
If it works out, yes. And if you have any questions for the devs, shoot them my way.
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2011, 05:05:24 PM »
Ask them if they have had a chance to look at 3DS hardware yet.

Ask them if they can say anything about the Grinder.

Ask them if they are looking forward to Duke Nukem Forever.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2011, 08:45:13 PM »
Ask Sega why their images are hosted on flickr, and ask the how long until they are bankrupt(ed by publishing M-rated Wii games).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2011, 11:56:31 AM »
http://gameshark.com/features/803/Conduit-2-Interview-With-Producer-Keith-Hladik.htm

New interview.They talk about what they learned from the first game and also the games they released after The Conduit to make the Quantium 3 engine better. Also talks about the many features for the game. Its a good read.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2011, 06:28:45 PM »
Well this game is coming out tomorrow. There isn't that many reviews yet.

Nintendo Power gave it a 7.5
Guardian.co.uk gave it a favorable review.They didn't give a score but here is the link.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/apr/17/conduit-2-michael-ford-review
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2011, 09:51:56 PM »
Anyone in the mood for a Conduit 2 party tomorrow? I'd like to have aprivate group of NWRers if we have enough people.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2011, 10:01:10 PM »
I'd like to but I probably won't get it for a little while.

An Interview.
http://www.gamehounds.net/2011/04/18/q-a-with-conduit-2s-design-director-david-pellas/
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2011, 12:57:20 AM »
So it's safe to say now this game is just going to be put out for release by Sega?  Haven't even seen any Internet based advertising for the game. I guess it might not matter. When Sega and others do advertising the effect is as if they did nothing anyway because they put ads so late no one sees them or on channels the actual audience might not even watch.

I think I'm going to wait a while before getting this. Interested in it but really not so sure it's going to be worth the full price. If the single player is actually very substantial I might pick it up this week. I didn't play Conduit 1's online so it was pretty much a single player game for me. I'm tired of playing FPS online anyway so online isn't a big draw for me here. Between GoldenEye, Black Ops, and Bad Company 2 I kinda have FPS burn out, at least when it comes to the online aspect. I just want to see how the story continues. So how much of the game there is on the single player front will be important. Due to just wanting it for that I have no problem waiting for a drop in price.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:59:13 AM by NeoStar9X »

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2011, 01:08:43 AM »
This does seem like it's just coming out of the blue.  I like the original so I'll pick it up but I never played multiplayer for it much like Neo.  I hope there are some cool new guns in this one, I enjoyed disintegrating guys in the last one.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2011, 06:12:16 AM »
Oh, wow. I forgot it was releasing. I have a bit of extra money now due to some changed plans so I may pick it up soon.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2011, 05:40:38 PM »
The early word I've seen on the game is that it isn't much better than the first one, but they were kind of vague. I'm still waiting on some more reviews and opinions before I make my decision.

This does seem like it's just coming out of the blue.
I think the delays might have hurt more than they helped. It seemed like there was hype for the game leading up to the November release, but then after that, there was almost nothing and now it feels like they just kind of forgot to release it earlier and are tossing it out there.

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2011, 12:10:53 AM »
Picked up the game today after work. Maybe it was a mistake or not, not sure. Haven't opened it yet. I never finished Conduit 1 so I quickly finished up the single player this evening. Was okay for the most part. I still found the story interesting and one needs to take time to listen to the radio broadcast. Presentation is poor in that regard. Going back to it after GoldenEye 007 and Call of Duty: Black Ops doesn't make the game hold up well. Both are superior in presentation and level design. I felt the game wasn't bad but not great originally and I still think that's true  now that I finally finished it. Customization and that the hVS actually put in effort saves it I think in the end. Presentation isn't great and the level design is very simple. Those complaints are fair. I think I would have enjoyed it more had I finished it before playing the above mentioned games.

I would have scored it a 7 out 10.

If Conduit 2 improves on everything and it looks like it does I hope it does somewhat well.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:14:40 AM by NeoStar9X »