Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1210757 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Is there much interest in TS4 beyond the next Pixar film?  Seems like most diehard fans of the series are lukewarm, at best, on it.

I don't see TS4 or Frozen 2 breaking $2B.  Star Wars is also quite unlikely to repeat the success of TFA. All depends on word of mouth early on.  Skywalker can do almost anything.

But, considering Disney is at about $4B now and has six big releases left, if they can average $1B each, they can hit it.

SW should.  The only one of Disney's that hasn't is Solo - and it isn't surprising.

Beauty and the Beast hit $1B - and Lion King/Aladdin are from that same era and will hit a lot of those same nostalgic notes, whereas Dumbo did not.

TS3 and Frozen 1 both hit $1B... but I really haven't seen much excitement for either.  I'm not sure Frozen 1 is old enough to have gone from "kid stuff" to nostalgia for the intended audience.  But, if anyone can push those buttons, it's Disney.

Maleficent?  Did anyone really want a sequel to this?

I'm kinda wondering how X-Men will end up.  No way it'll break $1B... and Disney seems to be downplaying the marketing for it.  My gut feeling is if it were just terribad, they would have yanked it from the schedule the moment the ink was dry on the FOX deal to not risk damaging the Marvel brand.  I suspect it will be an *okay* send off to the FOX-Men that will please fans of the series, but not much else.

It's a long shot, but Disney's action blockbuster side of things looks really light between X-Men and Star Wars.  Come on, Disney, give us a six hour Infinity War/Endgame double feature with bonus scenes (including Ant Man and the Wasp, Ragnaok, GotG2, and Captain Marvel end credit scenes tastefully spliced in) and push that needle higher.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Aladdin.... well, word of mouth on that has been kinda lukewarm from early impressions. I suspect this will ride to north of $650M especially if it catches big in the middle eastern countries.

Toy Story 4.... I'm not so sure on. I've seen next to no interest in it, but who knows once they start showing actual clips of the movie closer to release. I'm sure it'll do atleast north of $700M WW

Lion King will get a massive push, and will likely ride that wave to $1B as well. It will likely make a little over if all goes well, so that will pick up some slack for Aladdin not hitting the mark

Frozen 2 will get that massive marketing train near the holidays. I expect $1B to be a marker for this one. Hopefully it performs anywhere close to the original, but I think the glamour has worn off on this (totally anecdotal as my daughter and her friends "don't like Frozen" anymore). But it's extra's will hopefully make up some ground for Toy Story 4

Maleficent... hmm... $500M+ WW on that. I'm not sure what the first did, but I will peg the sequel to fall around the same total if not just a bit higher.

Endgame has a few $100M more left in it's tank... so between that and Captain Marvel, it has already  picked up slack from Dumbo's under performance and then some.

So that leaves SW:TRoS to bat clean up and bring Disney home. can it make $1.7B+?
I'm not sure. I know the last SW movie left a bad taste in tons of fans mouths. But the right marketing could pull all of them right back in like they never "left" to begin with.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:07:56 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I'm less optimistic on the upcoming films. A lot of fans in the target market were not happy with Beauty and the Beast because of a number of problems, from retconning to fix "fairytale plot holes" and some design choices. It did well because of nostalgia, but I'm not thinking the future remakes will get a free pass. They will still do well, but not to the level of BatB. Lion King will probably outperform Aladdin though.

TS4 is understandably lukewarm because 3 was such a solid send off. I'm sure a lot of folks are understandably wary of a 4th sequel. Should do well enough in spite of this, but I'm thinking not expecting much higher than 1B WW.

Maleficent...hopefully they rectify the problems of the first, mainly that they had no clue why people liked her. People want her to be a villain, not some fallen hero with a tragic back story. I don't expect it to pass the first one by much if at all.

Judging from how sales of Last Jedi tapered off real fast, and the lasting feud between fans and Lucasfilm folks, I got a hunch this one won't come anywhere near TFA. It will still do respectably on the name alone, but it won't come anywhere close to challenging the top contenders of the year. Remember, TLJ died in the China market, getting pulled from theaters due to low sales after only 2-3 weeks.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 11:29:18 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
With Toy Story, I just feel like the franchise had a good send off with the 3rd one. And that was hyped because it had been so long since the second one. With TS4, there’s less novelty in the return, and honestly, I haven’t seen it get much of a push. Is there still only the one trailer?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Maleficent 2: Mistress of Evil trailer has arrived

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MwW1NAsnR8

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Maleficent 2: Mistress of Evil trailer has arrived

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MwW1NAsnR8

Top comment on youtube says it all: “Sorry about the first one, she’s Maleficent now.â€ï»¿

Though I'm not confident it will maintain that villain standing, but it would be nice to see it happen.
My Game Collection

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile

What does this remind you of?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

Now I need to go see John Wick 3

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Might be a spoiler but: John Wick 4 confirmed for 2021

Link (avoid hovering).

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #4509 on: June 03, 2019, 05:02:09 AM »
If ever there was a time to use this meme...

Now I need to go see John Wick 3
Holy **** ****, I almost choked to death.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: June 17, 2019, 03:45:48 PM »

Very NSFW.

Best use of Spice Girls ever.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: June 17, 2019, 08:58:49 PM »
I’m going to give this a chance because of Karl Urban. I’m skeptical. It does seem really try-hard. I saw a different trailer where non-Marvel Ant-Man literally dives into a vagina. Edgy!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: June 18, 2019, 05:50:09 AM »
To be honest Karl Urban tends to elevate whatever he's in (Dredd and Almost Human especially) so i'm totally with you on this one.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: June 18, 2019, 09:40:34 AM »
Karl Urban would be the only reason I watch this. I read the first trade paperback, and didn't think it was that great. Garth Ennis has done much better.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: June 22, 2019, 12:43:55 AM »
Who's ready to wipe away those tears and kickstart that MCU HYPE Train again!!!?

Spidey is BACK!!!!! and apparently the best one yet!?

Well.... I thought Spider-verse was the best one yet, and that Homecoming was a really good one too.
Also liked the 1st 2 Raimi Spider-man's, but damn, here comes some P.R.A.I.S.E.

I think Spider-man just got it's first $Billion Movie....

and apparently stay away from Buzzfeed and any cast interviews if you don't want a potential HUGE Spoiler. I didn't read it and I'm not gonna post it, just giving out the warning that SPOILERS ARE IN THE WILD.

I wish I pre-ordered my tickets last month.... :/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4515 on: July 01, 2019, 11:45:38 AM »
This looks INCREDIBLE!!! laughed my ass off at this trailer.

JUMANJI: The Next Level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-DZ-7OdBWQ

The Rock and Kevin Hart back at it again.
but upgraded as Danny Devito and Danny Glover
This is gonna be sogood.gif

(I'm excited to see the 3rd Jumanji movie.... wow, that's shocking to me right now. so unexpected. I must be in a really good mood this morning.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:47:49 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4516 on: July 01, 2019, 03:09:30 PM »
That is a fun twist on the premise from the sequel.  I'm actually looking forward to seeing a more reserved Keven Hart without him having to be the straight man.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: July 08, 2019, 09:41:50 AM »
Disney's next Live Action Remake!!

Mulan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ON04GCwKs

and Disney picked an actress to be Ariel in The Little Mermaid - Halle Bailey
Our little mermaid is gonna be black.

Makes you wonder who they have in mind for King Triton or even Ursula.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: July 08, 2019, 09:55:01 AM »
and Disney picked an actress to be Ariel in The Little Mermaid - Halle Bailey
Our little mermaid is gonna be black.
Ariel is going to be swimming in a sea of white tears.
Makes you wonder who they have in mind for King Triton or even Ursula.
Disney is apparently in talks with Melissa McCarthy for Ursula. Terry Crew wants to play King Triton. Wouldn’t be disappointed though I want Disney to cast Donnie Yen if only for more tears.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: July 08, 2019, 10:46:24 AM »
If Disney really wanted to cause some heart attacks, they should bring Ursula back to her roots and find a drag queen to play her.

As for the casting of The Little Mermaid... eh.  I kinda wish they'd stop using big name actors to carry the films... but ever since the Robin Williams/Aladdin fiasco, that's unlikely to change much.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: July 08, 2019, 02:07:19 PM »
While I have no problem with literally anyone playing any part I think it's hilarious that Disney tried to over-correct after the outrage from Aladdin and still pissed people off.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: July 08, 2019, 03:53:00 PM »
Should have gone with Latina for Little Mermaid. Other than the "TV only" Ellena of Arbalor (sp?) there is no representation in the Disney Princess line. But my only concern was whether she would have her trademark red hair or not. Either way, still not keen on these remakes in general since they feel like soulless cash grabs.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: July 09, 2019, 01:20:10 AM »
Red hair isn't race dependent. It's actually a mutation that happens independently in all groups. It's pretty rare in all groups though.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: July 09, 2019, 02:59:17 AM »
Mulan without the dragon seems dull.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: July 09, 2019, 10:57:31 AM »
Mulan without the dragon seems dull.

I'd bet the dragon shows up in the next trailer.