Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1213831 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #4425 on: April 04, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »
That's true, but it'd still be a great fan moment and a fun way of introducing the X-Men.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: April 04, 2019, 03:24:06 PM »
Though honestly, I kinda wish the series will be shelved for a year or 2...and then be introduced again later. 

I think that's a very safe bet.  I'm expecting that all you'll see with X-Men is a single character (probably Wolverine) turning up in an existing movie.  That'll branch off into X-Men focused stuff. 

Having said that, I would dearly love if Hugh Jackman brandished the claws one more time in Endgame.  He has always said he wanted to join the MCU, and this would be the perfect time to send him off and pass the mantle to a new actor.  It'd also be the perfect time to finally have him don the yellow and blue.  He's snuck into an X-Men movie before, I am confident he could do it again.    Imagine the roar of the audience if Hugh suddenly walked into frame and released the claws for the final confrontation.  "Need a hand bub?"

Wolverine is honestly a pretty low level powered character in the MCU.  I could totally see them recruiting anyone left in the universe to help with the battle and it just happens to bring one lone mutant out from hiding.

Cap could be all "I know a guy...", echoing the Falcon/Ant Man scene from Civil War, and hinting toward the WWII relationship between the two.  Sure, it opens up a whole can o' worms, but it'd be fun.  And I don't even like Wolverine as a character.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: April 05, 2019, 03:56:43 AM »
I honestly don't think anyone would care about the questions as to where he was and what he was doing.  They'd just be happy to see him turn up. 

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: April 06, 2019, 08:18:08 PM »
Looks like Shazam is on track to make about $53 million and Pet Sematary should be around $24 million. Kind of sad to see that what a lot of people consider "the best DCEU movie by far" to make such a small impact...though better than initial estimates. Oh well. I thought Pet Sematary would have done better.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: April 06, 2019, 08:44:54 PM »
Honestly, I can't fathom what Warner was thinking releasing Shazam! between Captain Marvel and Endgame.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4430 on: April 06, 2019, 10:14:53 PM »
It seems like there should be a slight lull in the gap, but the hype machine is too big and Shazam looks like a poor substitute to fill in.

But then again, Endgame might have a VERY long theatrical run, and then you hit Spider-Man.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: April 07, 2019, 01:45:44 AM »
Honestly, I can't fathom what Warner was thinking releasing Shazam! between Captain Marvel and Endgame.

Hey, what better time to release a movie about Captain Marvel than right after a movie about Captain Marvel?  :P
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: April 07, 2019, 05:51:10 AM »

You're right, they should've released it years ago.... maybe in place of BvS.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4433 on: April 07, 2019, 06:32:11 AM »
I mean have you seen the Disney 2019 list of films it it releasing.  Basically Disney is kinda a crazy unstoppable company with movies this year.  There was very few spots to put Shazam.  Maybe Warner Bros was trying to be an alternative, or maybe they were trying to use the comic book movie hype train to also help its own movie.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: April 07, 2019, 07:11:06 AM »
Disney has a lot of movies, but only 2.5 comic movies.  There's nothing comic-wise after Spider-Man...

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4435 on: April 07, 2019, 07:06:23 PM »
That's true, but it competes in the same demo as Star Wars, and putting it after Spider-Man would have it come out in Oscar season.  Not sure if that's a better or worse slot.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: April 10, 2019, 03:09:57 PM »
Avengers: Endgame..... $1B opening weekend!!?

ENdgame Pre-Sale ticket outpace Infinity war 5 to 1
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avengers-endgame-advance-ticket-sales-set-new-record-1200866?utm_source=Direct

Avengers: Endgame’ has sold nearly twice as many advance tickets as ‘Aquaman,’ ‘The Last Jedi,’ ‘Infinity War’ and ‘Captain Marvel’ combined
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/09/avengers-endgame-is-smashing-box-office-records-advance-ticket-sales.html

Some theaters have expanded showtimes to 24 hour runs.... probably using all available screens, at least for opening weekend.

Anyone think this will top the B.O. All Time Highest Grosser list? Will this best Avatar?
Will Endgame break $2.8B?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: April 10, 2019, 03:26:32 PM »
Probably not, but dammit I hope so.  I'd love to see it dump on James Cameron.  I'm certainly no expert when it comes to this kind of stuff, but from what I understand Avatar did as well as it did because of a perfect storm of good luck and circumstance when it was released. 

Having said that, if any movie can take the crown off Avatar then it'll be Endgame. And unlike Avatar, Marvel deserves it.  So much work has gone into this franchise, unlike Avatar which just leeched off a shiny new novelty tech for its appeal.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4438 on: April 10, 2019, 07:31:26 PM »
A billion dollar opening weekend would be insane, and likely not repeated for a long, long time.

I, too, would like it if the highest grossing film of all time were actually good.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4440 on: April 10, 2019, 08:05:19 PM »
Wow this trailer just highlighted one of the most puzzling aspects of this story.  Why didn't Scar just immediately kill Simba after arranging Musfasta's (SP) death.  I mean that is how lions show dominance anyway. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4441 on: April 10, 2019, 08:06:11 PM »
A billion dollar opening weekend would be insane, and likely not repeated for a long, long time.

I, too, would like it if the highest grossing film of all time were actually good.

Titanic and Avatar are not actually good?  They were record holders for a long time.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: April 10, 2019, 08:20:38 PM »
Wow this trailer just highlighted one of the most puzzling aspects of this story.  Why didn't Scar just immediately kill Simba after arranging Musfasta's (SP) death.  I mean that is how lions show dominance anyway. 

He is a lion. That makes sense. But since it is a movie about semi-anthropomorphized Lions we'll say he felt sorry for his nephew. Probably regrets not killing him later on.

What would really be great is a David Attenborough commentary track.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: April 10, 2019, 10:36:32 PM »
New Lion King Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TavVZMewpY

It's amazing how these CG animators continually managed to completely rip the character and emotion out of a scene compared to the original.

"OK, you've just been told that you're responsible for your father's death. What's the expression on your face?!"

"DULL SURPRISE!"

:rolleyes:

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 10:38:52 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: April 10, 2019, 11:46:27 PM »
trailer editing

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4445 on: April 11, 2019, 10:28:19 AM »
How sad could a realistic lion look though?

Titanic and Avatar are not actually good?  They were record holders for a long time.

Avatar was a bad movie.  The effects were cool for the time, but really that's all it had going for it.

Titanic is just too long.  I'm usually for longer movies and like Leonardo DiCaprio, but that film feels like a slog.  So, to me, it's a bad movie.  But I do get why it's pretty highly rated.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4446 on: April 11, 2019, 10:51:53 AM »

It's amazing how these CG animators continually managed to completely rip the character and emotion out of a scene compared to the original.

"OK, you've just been told that you're responsible for your father's death. What's the expression on your face?!"

"DULL SURPRISE!"

:rolleyes:

This is exactly true.  There is no reason for a live action Lion King it takes everything special about the original and destroys it. 
Puumba and Tamon look horrifying. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: April 12, 2019, 08:10:28 PM »
Titanic is pretty long. I don't know how I would enjoy it if I watched it at a theater. I avoided the hype and didn't watch it until 2010. It is nice to watch long movies at home. You can take a break and pee. If it was divided into three episodes nobody would have much problems.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: April 13, 2019, 03:30:17 AM »
ALL ABOARD!!!!! HYPE TRAIN IS LEAVING THE STATION!!!

Next stop.... $1B WW OW #Endgame

In China: Endgame does in 1hr of ticket presales what IW took 24hrs to accomplish
In China: Endgame does in 2hrs of ticket presales what IW  took 48hrs to accomplish
In China: Endgame sells more presale tickets in 6 hrs than IW did in more than 5 days!!!?

and China releases Endgame on Wed April 24th..... it's a LOOONG WEEKEND FOR ENDGAME!!!

oh... and one more thing. China hasn't even opened up all the seats on the HYPE TRAIN yet!!!?

« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 03:34:00 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »