Poll

I am perpetually thought about this, thanks for putting up.

:moonface: I'm the new guy
6 (60%)
>:( I'm the new girl.
3 (30%)
>:( I am the new one.
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: apex booty pop (the spambot thread.)  (Read 128051 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: apex booty pop (the spambot thread.)
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2018, 06:49:03 PM »
The forums without Khushrenada are like the fifth season of NewsRadio: still good, but not the same.
Wait a minute, did you just... pay Khushrenada a compliment?!

Why wouldn't I? Our squabbling is all in fun, and he brings a lot of energy to the place. Also he really cuts down on how much I need to deal with spam bots.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2018, 08:11:10 PM »
What is the deal with spam bots of late?  Seems like they are far more active than I *ever* recall them being.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2018, 08:31:54 PM »
Yeah, it's been really bad lately for some reason. And it doesn't help that I can't get the dropdown menu to ban people to work on my phone anymore.

J.P. Corbran

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2018, 08:48:08 PM »
Have we looked into updating the forum software lately?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2018, 09:01:54 PM »
Not to my knowledge, but maybe I should bring that up. If we're going to do a major reorganization of the forums it might be nice to do that at the same time.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 12:01:19 AM »
I did send you all some advice on how I've been banning spambots which I think has been helping in the past year and half I've been a mod. It often seems like there is an average of 3-4 spambots a day that join up on our forum. A lot of times, I'll check the newest members that joined the next day I check in the forums and compare their profile information with sites that hunt/list spambots and ban them before they strike. Still going to get ones that spam as soon as their profile is created but I think it helps keep the activity down that way and by banning their IP address early, it can prevent duplicate spambots using that same IP address from accessing the forums. About 5 or 6 days ago, I checked out this space and was banning some spambots and as I did so, 3 of the 4 accounts had IP addresses used by other spam accounts that had been banned earlier but only the username and e-mail tags were checked.

Also, I highly recommend going to the Core theme if you are having trouble banning spambots. There are no drop down menus for me when I ban the bots. I'm using an iPhone 4 and can ban an account while adding the extra triggers as check marks and remove the spambot posts as well as track it for any other similar accounts with 1-2 minutes. I almost feel like I need to make a video of this to show how easy it can be with just the Core theme considering Insanolord's constant blaming of his phone and the site not working for him.

I'm going to send another message off to this internet provider I'm trying to use. They said they'd get back to me in a couple days about arranging a date for Internet hook-up and that was a week ago. (Plus, the e-mail contained a completely different name from my own which doesn't inspire more confidence in me about their abilities). If they can't get anything done still after 16 or 17 days since I called them then I don't know how they can call themselves an Internet provider since they seem unable to provide Internet service. So frustrating. And now my internet usage in my phone has exceeded my plan so I'm getting charged extra there. Khushrenada is getting upset!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2018, 12:14:49 AM »
I like to report spambots with flair.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2018, 12:16:44 AM »
I know. I want to get Internet access so I can update the thread I started on Great Report to Moderator Messages in Forum History.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2018, 12:46:01 AM »

Would it break your heart to find out that I never even read most reports?  I see there's a report, look at recent posts, see the obvious spam, then click into the user's profile and start deleting their posts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2018, 12:58:35 AM »

Would it break your heart to find out that I never even read most reports?  I see there's a report, look at recent posts, see the obvious spam, then click into the user's profile and start deleting their posts.

I'm afraid that's also true of me most of the time.

Also, I highly recommend going to the Core theme if you are having trouble banning spambots.

That's the one I've used basically forever, and it used to work just fine but recently haven't been able to. It must be some weird quirk with newer versions of iOS if you can still do it on an iPhone 4.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:02:06 AM by NWR_insanolord »

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2018, 02:36:35 AM »
Tuesday.

That's when my internet saga will end and my internet connection will flow like wine and beautiful women will instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. A little place I call: Cyberspace!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 06:18:19 PM »
Does Khush have internet yet?  I'm tired of thinking about how no one else reads the reports. :(
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2018, 06:52:14 PM »
I dunno, he hasn't posted in a while. It's just been this Link Link guy who's way better and more handsome.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 12:43:45 PM »
Everybody loves Link Link!

I hear this Khushrenada guy has had an Internet connection set-up finally but now needs to move his computer set-up around as he adjusts to a new living space and he's just been busy and lazy to do so. What a lame-o!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2018, 09:57:59 PM »
Leave Khushrenada alone Link Link! How dare anyone out there make fun of Khushrenada after all she has been through!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2018, 09:23:56 AM »
What's she been through?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2018, 02:05:36 PM »

She lost her aunt, she went through a divorce. She had two fuckin kids.

Her husband turned out to be a user, a cheater, and now she's going through a custody battle. All you people care about is readers and making money off of her.

My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2018, 01:48:18 AM »
Does Khush have internet yet?  I'm tired of thinking about how no one else reads the reports. :(

So, I was just checking up on the e-mail account I use for these forums and, for whatever reason, I decided to check the spam folder since there wasn't much action happening in the inbox. It's something I'll check maybe 4 times in a year. There were 3 e-mails in it today and all of them were from these forums and were moderator reports. They'd all been dealt with awhile ago so I went through and deleted them but I found it funny that even my e-mail is trying to keep me from reading the reports. The internet has judged them unworthy of my time.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2018, 09:49:57 AM »
I'm done reporting spam bots! Being a good Samaritan is thankless and unrewarding.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2018, 12:28:32 PM »
This latest batch of spambots is obsessed with sex.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2018, 12:45:01 PM »
They're becoming more and more like the rest of us.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2018, 05:02:32 AM »
once they get these papules. That depends on the individual and whether or not they bother him or their affiliate. It is best to tell your partner as soon as possible and that way you can determine out what you both might want to do with the scenario. Most men do not want them to remain on their whole personal body and select a way to get them removed. How Can I Get Rid of the , Papules? The most efficient treatments are C02 laser device system light therapies. This you would have to discuss with doctor and see who is available in your region to cope with it. You will have a lot of recuperation time also. There are some organic home alternatives which are not exactly apparent and understandable. There have been some men who have tried to use backyard garden sebum to get rid of the papules. These have had some outcomes but it does take plenty of initiatives and it can be quite messy too. Whatever you do don't choose at them or try to pop them. This fails efficiently because they are epidermis and not a puss pocket. Whatever you decide on it is advisable that you look for guidance from doctor to see exactly what they are first. Once you determine out that they are wonderful , papules then you would know and then you could select on which way you want to handle eliminating the , papules. If you are pretty sure that you know they are papules by the analysis you have done, then you may want

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2018, 11:45:00 PM »
They say these days it's all about targeted advertising so I'm curious about who here managed to attract the interest of a spambot plugging fake IDs to the forums?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2018, 11:55:43 PM »
I think it would be obvious that it is for me.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2018, 02:03:13 PM »
I believe they felt this was the best way to have Male Enhancement Focus. Body Power has been above and beyond what I expected. There is much mentors may do in respect to that. I suppose I'm providing a solution for Male Enhancement as though it's salient to understand this in connection with their device. That is how to maintain an effective working relationship with your Male Enhancement. In effect, I didn't get Body Power. Male Enhancement does. Unless you understand Body Power, you're not going to be successful with doing it. Hopefully this column can deal with a good many of your confusion as to Male Enhancement Focus.