Author Topic: Peggle Dual Shot  (Read 2010 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Peggle Dual Shot
« on: March 05, 2009, 04:01:55 PM »
Before last week I knew nothing of Peggle, but after hearing praise for it on NVC I had to try it out. The game is GREAT and easily one of the most addicting games on DS. In case you don't know what it is, it is a weird blend of Pachinko, block breaker, and bust a move. The object of each board (the game has TONS of different boards along with special power pegs) is to eliminate all the orange pegs which are surrounded by green ones (along with other obstacles as you progress), you control your Peggle gun with either the d-pad or stylus and aim it. When you shoot the ball it will drop through the various pegs, each one it hits is eliminate from the board. You have 10 shots total to eliminate all the orange pegs (You can get an extra ball if your ball lands in the moving basket at the bottom of the screen.

It is a blast and I am sure most of you will enjoy it. It is a fully featured package with various modes and boards.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Peggle Dual Shot
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 04:10:25 PM »
I bought Peggle for my computer yesterday because of the post in the Amazing Deals thread that let me get it for $2.50 and I love it, I'm almost certainly going to get this now.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 04:17:48 PM »

I'm definitely interested in Peggle for the DS. I played the Mac demo some time ago and liked it, but couldn't bring myself to actually buy it.

As an aside, Q Games and Q Entertainment need to have a boxing match to determine who gets the sole use of the letter Q.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 04:20:33 PM »
Well I can tell by playing it that it is worth the 30, I haven't even started to scratch the surface of all the levels or modes. Not to mention it has been getting great reviews from about everyone.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 11:10:56 AM »
My friend bought me the original PC Peggle and I enjoyed the game.

Peggle DS is basically Peggle and Peggle Nights with a few extra bonus levels and some sort of underworld or undeground bonus levels...

But the DS game gets some high marks for being portable...and the game really is addicting like crack, and it takes serious skill.  It is a true puzzle game. 

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 01:37:39 PM »
My friend bought me the original PC Peggle and I enjoyed the game.

Peggle DS is basically Peggle and Peggle Nights with a few extra bonus levels and some sort of underworld or undeground bonus levels...

But the DS game gets some high marks for being portable...and the game really is addicting like crack, and it takes serious skill.  It is a true puzzle game. 

I beat the day adventure mode last night. Those last 4 challenges were pretty hard.