Author Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Help  (Read 42003 times)

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Help
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 11:32:36 PM »
Ceric, I'm glad you mentioned the annoyance about Switch Axe users (such as myself) using the launcher move...

That's a move I do try to keep from using too often, and you'll notice in partying with me, that I usually will try my hardest to attack away from main party - typically on the opposite side of the monster.

It's difficult sometimes, but I try.

I do love my Switch Axe, though.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 11:53:22 PM »
you mean the chainsaw outburst, I agree, I forgot about that

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 01:49:41 PM »
Ceric how far can I upgrade my armor before I need to move on to high rank?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 01:51:01 PM »
Ceric how far can I upgrade my armor before I need to move on to high rank?
The magical number is... 8 Levels if memory serves.  The armor itself, I don't know the number off the top of my head, will up its rarity as you jump up the Armor materials levels.  You'll so it make a big jump between a tier.

So you should be able to upgrade a set from low Rank into a High Rank level set but not G-Rank and it won't have the new abilities.

I really need to find a good explanation of that.  Though in most cases I say just get a new High Rank set.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 01:54:55 AM »
No I get it thanks.

Also O want this Qurupeco armor. It's white and it is beautiful. I got the first Crimson Qurupeco armor, but it has the Native American feather head dress. There is another that looks like a pirates outfit with an amazing hat! I can't find any info on it! I see pictures and played with someone who had it but I don't know how to get it. I guess it's G rank?

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 08:26:21 AM »
Yeah.  It was Fortinbras set.  I have it linked where I recount the hunt.

Though this Video will probably help answer you question more.
G-Rank
High Rank
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:09:12 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 10:24:01 AM »
Famicomplicated shared this video from IGN UK and its a really good example of a typical going out and hunt something.  They face a Royal Ludroth and its fairly obvious that no one in the group really one of the "I've been playing since the PS2 days" folks.  Its worth a watch if your interested in the game.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/11/monster-hunter-hunting-party-rankling-the-royal-ludroth

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2013, 09:03:23 AM »
Ever wonder about Monster Sizes?  Well here is a really cool video that I think can be unlocked.  Capcom did a High Resolution version of it the DRaGMaRe posted.  Though they didn't update it include the new monsters. (Thanks My Fair Hunter for Tweeting this)
Though that is why You have this most recent Sizing Picture

(Full Size Version, its 9,449x2,458 pixels which is why I didn't just post it instead of the next largest version)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 10:01:43 PM »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »
I linked the first of DMJared's Beginner Tutorial but I didn't embed them.  He now has 3 out of a planned 9 from what I heard but I think its only going to be these 3.  They are fairly good.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:06:54 PM by Ceric »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2013, 02:16:11 PM »
Alright, Shepherd has made his money guid for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 01:58:37 PM »
Transfer Tool Tutorial:

Off-TV Play Tutorial:

He has a whole set of Tutorials.  These are good so I'm going to go through the rest of his and maybe link the playlist.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2013, 11:17:46 AM »
Alright everyone last night this morning I was fighting with CurtDogg on the NWR Stream.  I haven't talked about this but, lets talk food.

GamePsych very helpfully posted an updated food list of MH3U and I'll link it here.
(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au9LsBPteEAvdGZiNmdFMllndWc2NHgwSkY0d01QQmc#gid=0)

Now a couple things about food.  How many Stars a food is determines how much health you get.  Its in Incremements of 10.  Two High Star Foods together will give you max health but, I seem to get it with a 2 and 3 Star food.  Freshness determines how much Stamina and gives a better chance of getting the skills.  Fresh food is better.

In general if I'm starting a new HR level or doing a Monster I don't know I eat for Defense.  In particular I eat Fish + Grain Fried to get Defense Boost and Defender(Hi) if I'm lucky.  This has saved me many times.  If you don't know what you want to eat you can't generally go wrong eating for Defense.  Can't fight if dead.

If its a monster I know or I need to shave some time off of I'll eat Meat + Whatever has a Skill I want to use.  This will get you Attack Up and a Skill.

The only time to Not eat before a quest is if its Arena because the bonus doesn't follow you their.  Arena's provide everything.  Even Gathering you can get a skill like Woodsmen.  If you need to know what a skill does just use the d-Pad to go to the skill and take a look when your picking food.  I still often do that.  The best way to think about these Felyne skills is that they are Single Quest Armor Skills and just like Armor Skills they can be Positive and Negative so eat smart (Eat S-Mart).  Also don't risk the chance on GameChanger Unless the Quest is Stable or You do want to face the Largest Walk in Monster POSSIBLE (Like HUGE Devil Jho's who are always mad.)

So I hope that helps and it gives a list of all the combinations.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:09:28 PM by Ceric »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:34:57 PM by Ceric »

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2013, 08:54:36 PM »
Thanks for keeping this thread updated with useful youtube videos and information.  I plan on logging some hours tonight, and some of the general details and youtube guides have been very helpful.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2013, 07:58:43 PM »
I feel like I've made some good progress over the weekend.  Went from the beginning of 2-star quests to now in the special 3-star quest. 

I've also bought two new armor sets (Jaggi armor, Ludroth Armor), and have tested the waters with the longsword, which helped immensely when fighting Qurupeco in the "Playing with Fire" quest.  That Cha-Cha companion thing has been really helpful from this point, too.  Seems like most weapons have a purpose depending on the situation, and i'm starting to get the hang of the fact that you need to learn the combos for each to make them effective weapons.
Quick question for anyone, is there any way to increase the amount your bag can carry?  I'm finding myself limited a lot by the 3 page capacity the bag has, and didn't know if there's anything to increase capacity.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2013, 09:22:19 AM »
I feel like I've made some good progress over the weekend.  Went from the beginning of 2-star quests to now in the special 3-star quest. 

I've also bought two new armor sets (Jaggi armor, Ludroth Armor), and have tested the waters with the longsword, which helped immensely when fighting Qurupeco in the "Playing with Fire" quest.  That Cha-Cha companion thing has been really helpful from this point, too.  Seems like most weapons have a purpose depending on the situation, and i'm starting to get the hang of the fact that you need to learn the combos for each to make them effective weapons.
Quick question for anyone, is there any way to increase the amount your bag can carry?  I'm finding myself limited a lot by the 3 page capacity the bag has, and didn't know if there's anything to increase capacity.
Unfortunately No.  At least if their is I've never found it.  Its really bad for me since I tend to have:

Megapotions
Potions
Life Powders
Max Potions
Cold Drinks
Hot Drinks
Antidotes
Steak/Energy Drinks
Armor Talon
Armor Charm
Power Talon
Power Charm
Mega Pickaxe
Mega Net
Paintballs
Whetstones

The only one that I know of that had more bag space was Monster Hunter Portable 3rd which from what I've been told had a special 4th page during quests where you could put things that would automatically go to the box after the quest and had a Felyne at some base camps that could take 1 item at a time back for you.

Honestly I would was an armor skill on getting another Page for my pouch.  Also something that put all my carves automatically into my Box after quests.

Personally this weekend made my first G-Rank Armor, got to HR7, and finally progressed my single player.

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2013, 11:28:57 PM »
What is the gunner pouch for and how do you use it. I belive that has one extra space for ammo

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2013, 03:45:33 PM »
What is the gunner pouch for and how do you use it. I belive that has one extra space for ammo
Sorry I didn't see this earilier been on Vacation. 

That Gunner pouch is for when you use a gun.  You'll automatically switch to that pouch and de-equip any armor that is not gunner compatible when you equip a Bow or Bowgun.  It is a seperate bag and has its own stuff so you need to remember to move Powercharm/talon, Armorcharm/talon, etc.

It does have a special place for Coatings and Bullets so they don't take up your actual pouch space.

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2013, 12:41:57 AM »
Thanks. I'm using a sword and shield is that a good choice?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »
Yes, its a very versatile weapon.  You can block and dodge with equal ease.  You can use items without putting it away.  Fast Animations so you don't get stuck as easily.  Applies Statusses fast and good Elemental Damage.  The trade off is its probably one of the weakest tree of weapons in the game.  Now in Tri and MH3U it did get a boost so its perfectly viable choice.  Just keep in mind that it may take a little longer then the larger weapons.  Though you don't win if your dead.

I personally went back to SnS when I hit G-Rank until I got my armor up to G-Rank level.  I still use SnS on harder monsters.  Especially ones I'm trying to learn.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2013, 01:52:03 PM »
Yes, its a very versatile weapon.  You can block and dodge with equal ease.  You can use items without putting it away.  Fast Animations so you don't get stuck as easily.  Applies Statusses fast and good Elemental Damage.  The trade off is its probably one of the weakest tree of weapons in the game.  Now in Tri and MH3U it did get a boost so its perfectly viable choice.  Just keep in mind that it may take a little longer then the larger weapons.  Though you don't win if your dead.

I personally went back to SnS when I hit G-Rank until I got my armor up to G-Rank level.  I still use SnS on harder monsters.  Especially ones I'm trying to learn.
so it got a buff since tri?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2013, 03:03:12 PM »

so it got a buff since tri?
From all accounts from the old vets it has been buffed again in MH3U.  Though I personally would have liked to see a little more Elemental damage put onto the different blades.

Though it never was a bad weapon to transition from.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2013, 12:44:11 AM »
Ceric I need help and google has not been my friend.

I've got Plesioth X armor which has no belt armor for the waist. I want something that resists ice, water, and possibly dragon. I saw a recommendation that Piscine S belt would be best. I can't find that stupid thing anywhere. No info or nothing, does it exist? Or do I get the normal belt and upgrade it from there.

RomanceDawn