Author Topic: Beck Blasts 8-Bit Beats  (Read 2242 times)

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Beck Blasts 8-Bit Beats
« on: February 03, 2005, 06:04:08 PM »
Alt-Rocker mixes a little Nintendo flavor into his tunes.

Perhaps you’ve heard of Beck; he had a big hit, years ago, with "Where It’s At" off his album Odelay. His new album, titled "Guero" will be out March 29th. To prepare for this upcoming release, there’s a new EP out, titled "Hell Yes." You may be wondering why this news is even appearing on Planet GameCube. Well, the answer is that this new EP contains four remixed tracks off of "Guero" that have been mixed with Nintendo style 8-bit music.

Featuring song titles such as "GAMEBOY/HOMEBOY" and "GHETTOCHIP MALFUNCTION," the EP is incredibly infectious. One song, "BIT RATE VARIATIONS IN B-FLAT," has a very Zelda-esque sound to it. There’s only one catch, you can’t get it on CD. The new "Hell Yes" EP is only available on 12” vinyl and through Apple’s iTunes Music Store (if you’ve got iTunes, which is free, you can click this little icon to go right to the album:     Hell Yes - EP ).

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
RE: Beck Blasts 8-Bit Beats
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 06:33:15 PM »
Beck is pretty cool.  I own Midnite Vultures.  Devil's Haircut and Cyanide Breathmint are awesome, though.  I'll check these out somehow or another.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Gamefreak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 07:51:20 PM »
Didn't moby do some mario song? or zelda?
In fact, tons of artists have done Nintendo music....

Offline sycomonkey

• View Profile
    • my blog
RE:Beck Blasts 8-Bit Beats
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 11:43:26 PM »
Wow, this is pretty good.
I find the lack of sig images annoying. I have this nice image I use as my sig in all my other forums and I can't use it here.  So instead I'll just complain...

The universe will not be altered by forum threads, even those which are very wry. --Tycho Brahe (Penny Arcade)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 03:32:22 AM »
Hey its great to see some love for Joy Electric...didn't think they were very popular or well known.  

Most people don't know that his music is actually Christian...not that anyone could actually interpret the guys metaphors to know that though.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 04:26:43 AM »
Yeah, I have all of Joy Electric and Starflyer 59's full length albums.   They're hard to keep up with though.  They put out at least one album and one EP every year.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 03:19:19 PM »
Now get Beck to do some Revolution commercials and we're set.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates