Author Topic: Pokémon Black and White to Feature No 3DS Special Content  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Pokémon Black and White to Feature No 3DS Special Content
« on: February 16, 2011, 01:33:22 AM »

Director Junichi Masuda ended any rumors that the new handheld would do more than simply play the game like a DS.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25395

Junichi Masuda, director of the upcoming Pokémon Black and White, has confirmed that those titles will not feature special content when played on a 3DS. "Other than just being able to play the game normally, there's nothing special if you use a 3DS," he stated.

Nintendo has previously offered some enhanced content in their handheld games that released alongside a new system. For instance, The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons, for the Game Boy Color, featured the "Game Boy Advance Shop" when played on a GBA. The Game Boy Advance title WarioWare: Twisted! had a secret bonus movie that was unlocked when played on a Nintendo DS.

Pokémon Black and White was released in Japan last September, and will be released early March in western territories. Nintendo 3DS will be released at the end of February in Japan, and at the end of March in western territories.

James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline nhaines

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Pokémon Black and White Feature No 3DS Special Content
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 09:42:21 AM »
I certainly would have been surprised if there had been any Nintendo 3DS content in Pokémon Black and White.  It's a bit of a shame, but at least we know for sure.  Pokémon release rumors are vicious swirls of fantasy and wish-fulfillment enough as it is.  :)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 10:51:42 AM »
So was IGN wrong in saying that the game WOULD have bonus functions when played on the 3DS? Or is Masuda just trying to encourage people to still buy the DS before the 3DS comes out?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline rad.i.kal

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Scribble People
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 11:21:31 AM »
IGN doesn't tend to be wrong, well haha I guess everyone is wrong now and again.

This is a shame because I would love to see augmented reality with this game, imagine walking around, hitting a wifi hotspot, the system buzzes or makes a noise and that lets you know there is a wild pokemon nearby, it tells you this.... you lay down an AR card and bam you are in a fight.

Could be a dumb idea if you weren;t somewhere where you could lay down said card, say.... the middle of the street!