Author Topic: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U)  (Read 359769 times)

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U) Out now!
« Reply #875 on: May 02, 2017, 01:30:44 AM »
After 165 hours freeing all the divine beasts, completing all the main quests, completing many side quests, finding 104 shrines, 268 Koroks, and recovering all the memories, I decided it was time to stop adventuring and take on Calamity Ganon.

Now that I have completed the main story and defeated Ganon, I am having a hard time accepting that I am only at 43.58% completion after 165 hours.

While I am not sure if I will go for a higher completion percentage, this game is amazing and one of the best I have ever played.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 01:33:53 AM by Seacor »
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 02, 2017, 01:34:09 AM »

After 165 hours freeing all the divine beasts, completing all the main quests, completing many side quests, finding 104 shrines, 268 Koroks, and recovering all the memories, I decided it was time to stop adventuring and take on Calamity Ganon.

Now that I have completed the main story and defeated Ganon, I am having a hard time accepting that I am only at 43.58% completion after 165 hours.

While I am not sure if I will go for a higher completion percentage, this game is amazing and one of the best I have ever pla

WHAT IS THIS, A POST FOR ANTS?

I had the same feeling myself upon completion of my first adventure. However, that completion rate also factors in the Korok seeds, so I'm not stressing about it too much since those things can go **** themselves.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 02, 2017, 01:40:17 AM »

While I am not sure if I will go for a higher completion percentage, this game is amazing and one of the best I have ever pla

WHAT IS THIS, A POST FOR ANTS?

I had the same feeling myself upon completion of my first adventure. However, that completion rate also factors in the Korok seeds, so I'm not stressing about it too much since those things can go **** themselves.

Hahaha. I had the most difficult time editing that. I have no idea what happened.
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 03, 2017, 05:09:19 PM »
I've completed everything except for the Koroks, kinda lost interest in those after maxing out slots so I'm just under 500. I've also put the game down, but I might get the DLC when the second pack drops. So no point to go back for the Koroks when I can get those during the new stuff, and also have the sensor.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 04, 2017, 01:49:30 AM »
The desert divine beast was the toughest one yet!

The Gerudo region may be the most dense of all the Champion's regions (the birds being the skimpiest, without much to do)

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 04, 2017, 10:25:05 AM »
Well, considering they are the bookends of the experience, at least, judging by the chronology of the memories and in terms of complexity, it makes sense. On the other hand, the side quests in Rito village are particularly great, and for having such a sense Divine Beast questline, Gerudo desert is pretty disinteresting in terms of its design. The only thing it really has going for it is Molduga.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 04, 2017, 05:49:39 PM »
Does anyone know if Amiibos can be shared? I want OG Link's tunic so bad but I completely ignored it while it was in stores. I want OoT Link's clothes as well. I'm not paying those stupid outrageous prices now so I'm wondering if i can just borrow them from someone. Anyone know?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 04, 2017, 05:57:54 PM »
Does anyone know if Amiibos can be shared? I want OG Link's tunic so bad but I completely ignored it while it was in stores. I want OoT Link's clothes as well. I'm not paying those stupid outrageous prices now so I'm wondering if i can just borrow them from someone. Anyone know?
It is definitely possible, and there is a method of "save scumming" your way to the proper gear faster than usual. If you save your game right before you scan the Amiibo, you can reload again and again until you get the right piece of equipment. I think it should only take about four days to get the maximum amount of gear from each Amiibo.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 04, 2017, 06:05:01 PM »
Yep,a friend and I  share Amiibos.  I don't think any data is saved to them like in other games.  A fun thing to do with them is spawn chests in any place to use with magnesis.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 04, 2017, 06:53:01 PM »
Wonderful! Thanks guys! I'm going to finish up my Korok, picture compendium, weapons hunt, side quests and last 20 shrines alternating between these classic clothes.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: May 08, 2017, 12:18:33 AM »
You know that little girl who needs cake? Well, she is an ungrateful little brat! Her father is a real piece of work too. I want to burn their house down.

another thing about Tarrey town, where does everyone sleep? Do all the merchants have no beds to call their own?

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 08, 2017, 12:59:42 AM »
Don't they sleep in the houses behind their stalls? Also, that girl's request requires a horribly monstrous solution.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 11, 2017, 12:58:08 AM »
So I finally unlocked the entire map, Hebra snow region being my last. I also finally decided to fight a Lynel. Took on the red one near the Zoras and... it was hardly a challenge. :/

I think I am overpowered now and need to wrap it up. I do need to get my final memory inside the castle. I also would like to finish a couple more side quests and finish unlocking the fairy fountains. Maybe get the giant horse and the bone horse (where is he?)

Getting all the clothes would be nice, and I would really like to finish all the Kass quests. can I do those after the ending?

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 11, 2017, 02:45:08 PM »
I've been trekking up a ridge of the Gerudo highlands and I've discovered about three or four things that I have never seen before. I love this game.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 11, 2017, 06:18:03 PM »
So I finally unlocked the entire map, Hebra snow region being my last. I also finally decided to fight a Lynel. Took on the red one near the Zoras and... it was hardly a challenge. :/

I think I am overpowered now and need to wrap it up. I do need to get my final memory inside the castle. I also would like to finish a couple more side quests and finish unlocking the fairy fountains. Maybe get the giant horse and the bone horse (where is he?)

Getting all the clothes would be nice, and I would really like to finish all the Kass quests. can I do those after the ending?

Yes. Although I haven't beat Ganon yet from what I've read on the internet doing so will allow you to see your percentage of completion for the game when looking at your Sheikah Slate which can increase as you find more landmarks, beat more shrines, complete side quests or collect Korok seeds. So, if you want to take a run at Ganon and see the ending, you can do so and then continue back on exploring the world.

I finally got a chance to dive back into this game on Sunday and, oh, it was so nice to revisit this game. I had begun to forget how special it is as I continuously played it when it came out. I just happened to stumble upon the giant horse in my play through as well. I wasn't expecting to come across it as I thought it might be in a different region. I'm not sure if the giant horse is in the same area for everyone's game but I can tell you where I located mine if interested and you can see if it is the same area of the game for you. Since I found the found giant horse, I decided I should capture it while I was there and put me exploring on hold. As I took it to a stable to register it after corralling it, I happened to hit a goat on the road which instantly killed the goat and turned it into meat. I thought that was rather humorous and while showing me the strength of that horse. Not sure where the Stal-horse is but just know it exists from the Compendium. Perhaps you need to have killed some riders and horses for it to arise from the ground?

If you think the Lynel at Zora's Domain is underpowered then I suggest going to the Gerudo Highlands to try your mettle with a couple of Lynels out there.

Coming back into this game, I wondered where I should go and resume my adventure and decided it would be a good time to go back to the Great Plateau to finish up my re-investigation of that area for missed Korok seeds. Sure enough, I did find two others I missed in my early game exploration of that area along with a treasure trove that would have been a bit more useful in that early game. I then proceeded to continue finishing up my exploration of the Gerudo region and trying to merge my zones of coverage between other bubbles and pockets I've explored. I hope to have the Southwest fully explored in a few more play sessions. In the time I spent I was able to find another 20 or so Korok seeds. Before finishing up my play session, I went off to see Hatsu about enlarging my inventory. My weapon stash was already maxed out and now my bow stash is as well. However, there's still a potential spot there after the different types of arrow so now I'm wondering if there is one more arrow type to be found in this game. Going by Zelda tradition, perhaps there are some light arrows out there or they become available when fighting Ganon. Otherwise, I'm confused as to why I couldn't have one more bow slot. Added a couple more shield slots as I work to finish maxing up my weapon potential.

I think when I've finished exploring in my southwest quest for completion that I'll go to Rito Village and take on my third divine beast and start taking on whatever side quests come up from that area. But I'd like to spend some time in a village again after a lot of lonely wandering and make some more headway on the actual mission of the game. I'm at 70 shrines so I'm getting close to
about 75% completion of the main game. It's just the Korok seed percentage that is still lagging behind a bit.

I've still got two towers I've yet to tackle. One is the Hebra winter region which is a zone I'm trying to avoid for now and haven't stepped foot in to help keep some part of the world still fresh. The other is the Eldin(?) region. Whichever tower unlocks Goron City which is the only city I've yet to still visit in an effort to keep me motivated in the game with some unvisited areas to be surprised in still.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 11, 2017, 06:58:03 PM »
And thus the 4 Beast have been tamed.  None too hard but All of the battles outside of the Beast were pretty good. To Ganon or Not to Ganon, that is the question.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 12, 2017, 12:57:24 AM »
Recently decided that I'd explore the castle, having finally found an effective way to deal with guardians in my way.
Accidentally started the final battle with Ganon, despite only having restored one divine beast, but didn't finish the battle. Got to a part where I wasn't sure how to progress, and wasn't sure I wanted to finish the game anyway.

There is a lot more I want to do before seeing the end - I'm unsure what will happen and how much further I'll play the game after that battle.

NNID: ejamer

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 12, 2017, 10:45:01 PM »
After 190 hours, I'm finally finished.  Completed all 120 shrines, all side quests, all memories, every picture in the Hyrule Compendium and the 3 Kilton medals.  My Korok seed count was 623, so I'm proud of leaving that since my original goal was to get at least 500 so I passed that by a bit.

So yeah, good stuff.  Now hopefully I can get back to clearing my backlog again.  I think I'll focus on smaller indie titles now since after Xenoblade X and Breath of the Wild, I've had my fill of massive games for a while.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 13, 2017, 04:36:36 AM »
Recently decided that I'd explore the castle, having finally found an effective way to deal with guardians in my way.
Accidentally started the final battle with Ganon, despite only having restored one divine beast, but didn't finish the battle. Got to a part where I wasn't sure how to progress, and wasn't sure I wanted to finish the game anyway.

There is a lot more I want to do before seeing the end - I'm unsure what will happen and how much further I'll play the game after that battle.

Hyrule castle is one of my favorite places to explore in the game, it has so many neat things hidden throughout.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 15, 2017, 09:46:22 PM »
Took on my first Lynel the other day, a blue one as I believe those are the weakest.  It was not that hard but it was still an intense fight.  I certainly wouldn't want to take one of these on if there were any other enemies lurking about to divide my attention.  I made extensive use of the Statis rune to hold him in place and get in free shots.

I found what I assume is the last fairy but she wants 10,000 rupees!  So I guess I'll be working at that for a while to power up my armor.  I hope that's not going to make the game get boring since I've explored almost the entire world.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 17, 2017, 08:41:36 PM »
Took on my first Lynel the other day, a blue one as I believe those are the weakest.  It was not that hard but it was still an intense fight.  I certainly wouldn't want to take one of these on if there were any other enemies lurking about to divide my attention.  I made extensive use of the Statis rune to hold him in place and get in free shots.

I found what I assume is the last fairy but she wants 10,000 rupees!  So I guess I'll be working at that for a while to power up my armor.  I hope that's not going to make the game get boring since I've explored almost the entire world.

The first time I didn't run from Lynel, I felt like Neo in the first Matrix "He's beginning to believe". Also after 190+ hours I run into a freaking BEAR? We had this little "The Revenant" moment. There are still moments to be had in this game it would seem.

Also I have never put 200 in a single player game in my life. Not ever , not even close. I wonder if this is a first for others around here.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 17, 2017, 11:05:12 PM »
Oh this is the most I've ever put into a single player by far. I think before that it was 80 hours in GodFather Red Hand Edition.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 17, 2017, 11:52:59 PM »
Have you guys even played a Xenoblade title...?

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 18, 2017, 04:55:29 AM »
I played both BotW and Xenoblade X for about 55 hours each. Finished the main quest in Zelda, but not Xenoblade, Chapter 10 was too difficult.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #899 on: May 18, 2017, 09:51:10 AM »
Have you guys even played a Xenoblade title...?

I've bought and started Xenoblade and Xenoblade 3D, but never got particularly far in either.  I bought the 3D version thinking I'd play it on the road, but then the Switch came out before that could happen.  Never even caught up to where I was on Wii.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.