Poll

Are You Going to Buy the Switch?

Nintendo had me at Switch (Hyrule Warrior)
4 (66.7%)
Nintendo's done it and I'm buying a Switch before the year is up! (Mario Maniac)
0 (0%)
I'm going to buy but feel no urgency to do so anytime soon. (Smash Fighter)
0 (0%)
I'm still waiting for specific software to be announced/released before I'd buy it. (F-Zero Activist)
1 (16.7%)
Still unsure. (3DS is best!)
1 (16.7%)
Nope. I still see no reason for me to buy this. (Overwatch Elitist)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: November 12, 2017, 08:34:49 PM

Author Topic: Forum Snap Poll: How Sold Are You on the Switch?  (Read 57670 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Snap Poll: How Sold Are You on the Switch?
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2017, 04:18:15 PM »
the joycon thing is peoples hands blocking the signal. Not a nice thing to have to deal with, but not the end of the world. Also, when in the dog-ear thing(grip) does it even do that?

I remember during the Wii era people whining about why does the nunchuck need to be corded? Well, we now know why.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:21:47 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2017, 04:27:12 PM »
the joycon thing is peoples hands blocking the signal. Not a nice thing to have to deal with, but not the end of the world.

But you need the signal to control... the controller  :confused;
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2017, 04:30:26 PM »
I find it odd that it's just the left joycon.  What is specific to it that would make it a problem and not the right one?  You figure that in regards to syncing the two would function identically.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2017, 04:33:07 PM »
I can see the hand or body blocking the signal in situations where people are curled up or sprawled out on the couch or bed, which the disconnected controllers would be perfect for.  I would be more likely to do this under a blanket when the weather is cold.  Hopefully, it is just an issue with the controllers being in a low power mode or something that can be patched.

I am a little more worried about it because the Pro controller is too expensive to buy for a while.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2017, 04:34:06 PM »
the joycon thing is peoples hands blocking the signal. Not a nice thing to have to deal with, but not the end of the world.

But you need the signal to control... the controller  :confused;

There is a way to hold it apparently that stops this problem. This channel got to the bottom of it

does anyone remember how perfect the Gamecube controller was? It wasn't perfect. The B Button sticks ,and every once in a while if you give a good twist to the plastic you can unstick it.

and it isn't just the Left Joycon. It just seems to be a problem more on the left joycon. If you take the right joycon and put it behind your back it does the same thing. The right joycon has an nfc reader in it and probably has a stronger transmitter.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:36:30 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2017, 04:38:31 PM »
I don't think Nintendo can afford having "You're holding it wrong" as an explanation for anything at this stage.

And if the battery drains while playing in the dock then does that mean you could have the battery run out on your "home" console while you're playing?  That would be pretty damn ridiculous.

The review where this was brought up said the Switch never went below 88%.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2017, 05:28:17 PM »
Once again, people complain about having huge homes and having to be close to their screen.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2017, 06:07:34 PM »
Huge home?  Is an 8' room length so big?  I guess it depends on where you're from.  I personally live in a porta potty.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2017, 06:08:29 PM »
I literally live in a port-a-potty. This is just one-percenters on their soapbox!
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »
Let's move our Porta Potties into the same landfill and play some Switch.  No haters allowed.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2017, 06:56:22 PM »
the joycon thing is peoples hands blocking the signal. Not a nice thing to have to deal with, but not the end of the world. Also, when in the dog-ear thing(grip) does it even do that?

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2017, 07:35:48 PM »
Speaking of Apple

My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2017, 11:34:01 AM »
That's hilarious.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2017, 11:57:54 AM »
Well, despite not having bought a new system since Wii launch, I had to choose the top option.

Came for the Zelda, will stay for whatever else shows up.

P.S. – Hey erybody!
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline RarityGamer

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 05, 2017, 01:12:26 AM »
I get the feeling the Switch will enjoy a little bit of fun on release, but once the honeymoon period is over the drawbacks will start to sink in and Nintendo will be back where they started with the Wii u. It'll probably get a bit more success, but not much.

It honestly feels like there's two teams at Nintendo behind everything they do. One has their heads glued on correctly, the other still thinks the casual market are still with them so insanity must occur.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 13, 2017, 09:46:50 PM »
Well, as soon as this current Direct ended, my first though was pretty much Screw you, Wii U! Nintendo is really bringing it with the Switch. They clearly don't want to ever go through a Wii U period again anytime soon.

Which means, it is time for the 6 month bump! Half a year after Switch released, what are the current opinions? Just think, at this time last year, we still called it the NX and had no idea what it looked like or what the games on it might be aside from the suspicion that BotW may be ported to it.

For myself, I've always been positive about buying it but it's been a half-hearted attitude since I've never felt any strong compulsion to do so. But I'm definitely buying a Switch now. As much as I tell myself that maybe I should wait things out and get some better deals down the road or play through my backlog, I want to get on this Switch train much sooner now. The console still isn't perfect but, my goodness, the software for this thing is really proving that the games available on a console are the most important thing and other amenities be damned.

I'm wondering if some of the people who were on the wait-and-see side or negative side have now "Switch"ed on their previous position and are ready to give Nintendo all their monies as well.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 14, 2017, 12:53:53 AM »
I was always going to buy since there's a ton of games on it I want but wanted to finish my Wii U and 3DS backlog first since I have dozens of games still left to play. But after the Direct I think I'm going to buy one when Mario Odyssey is released since HOLY **** that game just keeps getting more and more amazing every time I see it.  I'll go back to my Wii U and 3DS backlog after I 100% Odyssey but that's the kind of game I can't wait several months to play, I need it as soon as it launches.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 14, 2017, 12:08:19 PM »
My opinion remains the same, which is that the system itself is too bare-bones and I don't really care about the portability aspect, but the upcoming lineup looks good.

The only thing that has changed is that the upcoming lineup is now six months closer.