Author Topic: Donkey Kong 94 ending  (Read 5952 times)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Donkey Kong 94 ending
« on: April 23, 2013, 09:46:10 AM »
So i finally beat it today after two years of playing it here and there on 3DS. Amazing game, so much variety, great final battle.

So i beat the game, then credits and then it just shows me "The End" screen. And that's it.

So i can only guess i have to reset VC now. Strangely it doesn't save after ending and after reset i still have my save on 9-5.

Seeing how the game has leaderboards screen i expected that game will go into main menu and unlock level select for me. But it didn't.

Or am i missing something here?
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Donkey Kong 94 ending
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 06:32:27 PM »
I have the original Game Boy cartridge and it indeed does not save after you beat the game.

You can select the level (in four-level increments) on the file select screen by pressing up/down on the D-pad. Press Select on the title screen to view your best times (unless this is what you mean by "leaderboards").

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Donkey Kong 94 ending
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 01:41:18 AM »
Press Select on the title screen to view your best times (unless this is what you mean by "leaderboards").
Yes. I just saw one person on forums who remember how many times he replayed levels to improve his time/score, so i gathered there must be some level select option.

You can select the level (in four-level increments) on the file select screen by pressing up/down on the D-pad.
Huh, didn't notice that, thanks.

I checked manual to see if it mentions that and i just missed it. Nope. Manual on 3DS is very barebones. Just the usual info safety and VC stuff, nothing on the actual game.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks