Author Topic: Wii Internet Channel Dated  (Read 2726 times)

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
Wii Internet Channel Dated
« on: December 06, 2006, 07:53:24 AM »
December 23rd, at least in Sweden.

Nintendo.se, the official Nintendo website of Sweden, posted a short announcement today stating that the Wii Internet Channel will go live on December 23rd.  The Internet Channel is powered by the Opera web browser and will be available for download from the Wii Shop Channel (free until June 2007).    

No other branches of Nintendo have yet announced a concrete date for the Internet channel, and it is unknown whether or not the software will release simultaneously in all regions, though previously announced US and European dates for other channels match.

Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Wii Internet Channel Dated
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 08:21:02 AM »
Heres hoping. :beer:

(Though I won't hold my breath with NoA)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Dark_Sloth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 10:52:03 AM »
That'd be a pretty cool christmas present... but i was kinda hoping for free wii points. Still... its free :-)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 04:18:49 PM »
I still wonder if the "free till June" means that if you get it before June you'll never have to pay or if it means that anyone who has it, come June, will have it become inoperable till you pay for it.  
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline WPack911

• View Profile
RE: Wii Internet Channel Dated
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 04:24:54 PM »
I think this will be worldwide for everybody, I mean the others are so you got to think this one will be be too.  I personally am really looking forward to surfing the net on my Wii.
Does Nintendo Still rule after all these years?  Maybe now more then ever.

Offline Davideo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 03:15:36 AM »
Well Reggie said to keep our Wiiconnect24 running and near christmas we would be getting a special treat.  I am hoping the opera broswer gets an auto updates to our Wii's

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 04:57:15 AM »

Originally posted by: Crimm
I still wonder if the "free till June" means that if you get it before June you'll never have to pay or if it means that anyone who has it, come June, will have it become inoperable till you pay for it.

I think the Opera browser will be downloadable like a VC game. This download will be free until June (and yours to keep forever). After that, people wishing to surf the web (who didn't already have Opera installed) from their Wii must pay however many points Nintendo will charge to get the browser...  
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 03:32:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Davideo
Well Reggie said to keep our Wiiconnect24 running and near christmas we would be getting a special treat.  I am hoping the opera broswer gets an auto updates to our Wii's

I will seriously be disappointed if the "special treat" is the Opera Browser.  Thats not special at all.  They might as well just make the Forecast channel work instead...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.