Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Backlaugust 2023! (Forums Aren't Dead Yet?) Edition

<< < (2/14) > >>

TOPHATANT123:
Is it that time again already?

I feel like there's no chance I can finish Zelda at the pace I've been going. Although I feel like I can probably get through Pokémon Scarlet this month. It's an easy breezy kind of game where the biggest obstacle to completing it is myself.

lolmonade:
Neat idea folks, happy to join in.  Some of them aren't backlog so much as recent games I don't want to let linger, but in my rotation right now is:

Moons of Darsalon (PC)
Fall of Porcupine (Switch)

And some genuine backlogs:

Disco Elysium (PC)
Subnautica (PC)
Ghosts of Tsushima (PS5)
Astro's Playroom (PS5)
Final Fantasy 1 Pixel Remaster (Switch)
Transistor (Switch)
Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC)
Wildermyth (PC)
Jack Move (PC)
Ghost of Tsushima (PS5)
Road 96 (PC)

I'll add more if I can think of em.  In the age of social media implosions and fracturing, perfect time to revitalize the NWR forums.

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: lolmonade on August 01, 2023, 04:05:52 PM ---
I'll add more if I can think of em.  In the age of social media implosions and fracturing, perfect time to revitalize the NWR forums.

--- End quote ---

Hahaha! The NWR Forums existed before Twitter and they may continue to exist after Twitter with the way things are going. Indestructible social media right here, folks!

Khushrenada:
For myself, I'll guess I'll bring up what's been going on in my gaming world which is... not much. I started the year of by tackling a game I've wanted to get to for some time which was Paper Mario: Color Splash. I played and completed that within January. I wrapped up Picross 3D Round 2 in February. I may have attempted to try beating Hollow Knight completely in under 20 hours around that time but can't remember. In any case, I haven't touched the game since I last had attempted that. During the great eShop shutdown of March, I downloaded a whole whack of titles for the 3DS and a little bit for the Wii U. By the time that purchasing frenzy was over, I had a bunch of games I needed to organize and update my Backloggery with but I put it off until now. Yesterday and today, I finally went through and updated my account. I went from the 666 games I'd had since the start of January this year to 727. Yowzers! Of course, that also includes a few Switch eShop and physical games I bought after the eShop shutdown. Still, that's 61 titles added and I've hardly done much gaming to take anything off the backlog.

I've puttered around a bit with the NSO stuff. Been playing Mario Golf 64, Yoshi's Story and Mario Party in the N64 app but haven't really finished any of them. Been playing a bit of WarioWare and Super Mario Advance 2 on the Advance app. Started Joe & Mac and Harvest Moon and played and completed DKC3 on the SNES app. Have played a bit of Tetris and Super Mario Land 2 on the GB app. As you can see, it's just small little bits of gaming piece meal here and there. Played a little bit of Tetris 99 to keep up the platinum points for purchasing new Switch player avatars. Wheel of Fortune on the Switch keeps getting played when my family is in town.

At one point, I looked at my Backloggery Account and wanted to complete some stuff from last Backlaugust that I beat but didn't 100%. So, I played a bit more Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 and got close to unlocking most of the costumes but then let it fall to the wayside again. I almost wrapped up BoxBoy + BoxGirl and unlocking all the costumes there except I need a second player to help me finish the Balloon Challenges for the Two Player section. Something I may be able to arrange soon but it also remains just short of completion. I thought enough time had passed since I finished the first half of the Great Ace Attorney so I think around late May or start of June I began playing the second half. However, I've only gotten as far as starting the 4th (or second last case) yesterday. Not sure if I want to try and power through the rest of that game for Backlaugust or not.

The one thing that did suddenly dominate my gaming time was Civilization 3. I wanted to go through the Civilization games to remind me of what they were like and the evolution from 3 to 4 to 5 and then see about getting into 6 now that I had it on the Switch. Instead, I've just been playing round after round of Civ 3. It was the title I most played back during the GameCube days when I seemed to have the time for long gaming session. I still like so many things about it even now. Finally took a pause on it a couple weeks ago but I've done about 4 rounds that I think might average to around 20 hours a game so that's what I've been doing while my backlog grows and swells.

I definitely need to start checking some titles off.  ;)

On the other hand, my movie watching has really gone up. I've seen 125 films for the first time this year which totally surprised when I reviewed my movie list a few days ago. At this rate, I may get to 200 before the year is over. Now, some of that is because of length. There are 4 Harold Lloyd shorts which can range from 12 to 30 minutes. There are also a few movies I've seen which are a little over an hour long like Dick Tracy Meets Gruesome or Nancy Drew... Reporter which has definitely allowed me to see multiple movies in an evening. But it is always the same old balance for me. Either my gaming time goes up and my movie watching time goes down or vice-versa.

Luigi Dude:
Well I've been playing Tears of the Kingdom since May so I'd say that counts as a backlog game.  Lets see if I can finally finish it by the end of the month.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version