Author Topic: Project Cafe & Pre-E3 HYPE Thread  (Read 102782 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Project Cafe & Pre-E3 HYPE Thread
« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2011, 11:14:29 AM »
Did the Gameboy player use one of them?

Yes, but I don't recall if anything ever used the third GameCube port.
Paging UncleBob.. Unca..

The Network adapter and the Modem used different ports.  I know you can have a Network adapter and GBPlayer in at the same time, thats how mine is setup so, if the modem and GBPlayer used different ports then the modem be the third one.

Sorry, didn't get this page earlier. :D

The network (Broadband) adapter and the (dial-up) modem use the same port - Serial Port 1.
The Game Boy Player uses a different port - Hi-Speed Port.
The third port (Serial Port 2) was never used for anything outside of some development systems.  Like Mop it up said, I've heard that the second Serial Port was removed from later systems, but I've never actually seen such a system.
It went the way of the Digital Out I guess :P
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2011, 03:15:53 AM »
Dual shock controller should be considered a success since it became standard for the PS2 and eventually the PS3 as well.  The EyeToy had about 4 or 5 games made specifically for it.  The PS3 actually has the PSEye, not the EyeToy.  They removed the Toy from the name to try and make it sound like it was more sophisticated.  The PSEye is required for the Move controller to work.  It works like the Wii Sensor Bar but also lets you view yourself on the screen as well and has pretty good spacial recognition.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2011, 03:24:32 AM »
Actually, it works like the opposite of the sensor bar.

With PS Move you are actually holding the sensor bar in your hands and putting the camera(inside the wiimote) ontop of the TV.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2011, 09:41:50 AM »
Actually, it works like the opposite of the sensor bar.

With PS Move you are actually holding the sensor bar in your hands and putting the camera(inside the wiimote) ontop of the TV.
Beat me too it.
I actually find the Wii way less finicky.
I'll give the Dual Shock.  While not very inspired it did become the Standard to the point of becoming the recognized game comtroller like the NES pad.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:49:02 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
The Dual Shock doesn't count because Dual Shock2 was the standard from day one for the PS2. So it started out as a peripheral on one system and then became a default feature on the successor system. Dual Shock1 must be judged by how well it performed for PS1, because that was the system where it was a peripheral.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2011, 11:18:42 PM »

http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com/2011/05/e3-invitation
Note that the imagery used is a combination of the squares with beveled edges we know from the DS family with the blue circles that have appeared in connection with the Wii. Combining them is what appears to be a stream or a wave. This may suggest that the next console will bring home consoles and portables closer together. It also may corroborate that the console will be called Stream, as previous rumours suggested.

Not sure why NoE is hosting, but whatever, N Stream party on the way.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 23, 2011, 12:02:52 AM »
The Dual Shock doesn't count because Dual Shock2 was the standard from day one for the PS2. So it started out as a peripheral on one system and then became a default feature on the successor system. Dual Shock1 must be judged by how well it performed for PS1, because that was the system where it was a peripheral.
DS2 was exactly the same outside of the pressure face buttons (which I think maybe 3 games used).  You could even used the DS1 controllers on the PS2 and they worked exactly the same. 

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #207 on: May 23, 2011, 08:37:30 AM »

Looks like it's a party (complete with drinks) for European press who can't make it to Los Angeles and want to watch the E3 presser live.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2011, 09:39:49 AM »

Looks like it's a party (complete with drinks) for European press who can't make it to Los Angeles and want to watch the E3 presser live.
Or NoE is trying to liquor the press up before they announce that the next system will be region locked and every game will now have an import quality wait time of 6 months going to Europe so the Stream will release 6 months late in Europe so it will feel like games are launching for it.  In other news NoA will release the Stream with no games for the first 6 months but, man it really works great in Door Stop mode.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #209 on: May 23, 2011, 11:27:10 AM »
Last E3 Nintendo of America didn't throw a party like they usually do, but Nintendo of Europe did instead. Seems like the same is happening this year. If it is like last year, it'll be in LA, not in Europe.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2011, 02:23:05 PM »
Quote from: Nintendo
Video game fans around the globe are invited to bookmark http://e3.nintendo.com in their browsers as Nintendo prepares to offer a virtual front-row seat at this year’s E3 Expo in Los Angeles. A live webcast of Nintendo’s E3 Expo 2011 media presentation will begin at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Tuesday, June 7. Immediately following the presentation, fans can enjoy additional Nintendo Network coverage on the site, including interviews, game trailers and special video segments. A variety of exclusive content will also be available on the Nintendo® Channel, which is accessible to anyone with a Wii™ console that is connected to the Internet.

The E3 Expo, scheduled to take place June 7-9 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, is among the year’s biggest events for the global video game industry. Exclusive Nintendo Network programming will be viewable at http://e3.nintendo.com and on the Nintendo Channel throughout the week, offering the latest information and updates on Nintendo’s announcements.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »
Quote from: Nintendo
Video game fans around the globe are invited to bookmark http://e3.nintendo.com in their browsers as Nintendo prepares to offer a virtual front-row seat at this year’s E3 Expo in Los Angeles. A live webcast of Nintendo’s E3 Expo 2011 media presentation will begin at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Tuesday, June 7. Immediately following the presentation, fans can enjoy additional Nintendo Network coverage on the site, including interviews, game trailers and special video segments. A variety of exclusive content will also be available on the Nintendo® Channel, which is accessible to anyone with a Wii™ console that is connected to the Internet.

The E3 Expo, scheduled to take place June 7-9 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, is among the year’s biggest events for the global video game industry. Exclusive Nintendo Network programming will be viewable at http://e3.nintendo.com and on the Nintendo Channel throughout the week, offering the latest information and updates on Nintendo’s announcements.
Makes it sound like their going to be spreading out announcements and like throughout the whole conference.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2011, 02:54:33 PM »
This is what I imagine happening;

3DS gets it's update on the nite of the 6th, Nintendo announces that the 3DS update is Live @ the Conference and everyone around the world is updating as they speak.

webcast probably works fine through the 3DS browser.

during and after the show, exclusive trailers from 1st & 3rd party games and movies will probably go up on the Nintendo Channel service which will also be available on the 3DS through the update.

Exclusive Interviews and Dev. Commentary will also be available on the Channel (Wii & 3DS) & online throughout out the E3 Convention.

The possibility of playable E3 show floor demos (on 3DS) would also be a good push for updating your system and getting it online.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2011, 03:02:46 PM »
This is what I imagine happening;

3DS gets it's update on the nite of the 6th, Nintendo announces that the 3DS update is Live @ the Conference and everyone around the world is updating as they speak.

webcast probably works fine through the 3DS browser.

during and after the show, exclusive trailers from 1st & 3rd party games and movies will probably go up on the Nintendo Channel service which will also be available on the 3DS through the update.

Exclusive Interviews and Dev. Commentary will also be available on the Channel (Wii & 3DS) & online throughout out the E3 Convention.

The possibility of playable E3 show floor demos (on 3DS) would also be a good push for updating your system and getting it online.
I think we'll only get near launch demo games.  You don't want to give so much that its harder for the press to justify going but, the 3DS seriously needs those demo's to be playable at home so you can go "Hey, Check this out"

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
I can see them opening up with the 3DS, then dwell into the Wii's library, then hit us hard with an announcement of the Cafe.

For once, I am actually glad Nintendo doesn't have anything to boast in terms of sales. Maybe it'll translate into cleaner show.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 24, 2011, 11:17:42 AM »
Chris Seavor (former Rare employee <CBFD, KI, SFA, BK>) says that there is going to be some sexual assaults by Nintendo on 3rd parties at E3 this year.
Quote from: twitter
@conkerhimself
Christopher Seavor
So, i'm quite excited about E3 this year, ironic really now i'm out of the backstabbing grind that is the majority of dev these days.

@conkerhimself
Christopher Seavor
Nintendo will rape them...RAPE. Hare, meet tortoise. Tortoise, this is hare. 'Hare.......', said the tortoise. 'Here's a big **** you!'
http://twitter.com/#!/conkerhimself

Sounds interesting. I wonder who will be held down and violated against their will first.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 11:21:59 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 24, 2011, 11:23:24 AM »
lol, That got me to think what if the Super Wii has a dedicate Chip and wireless connection for essential what Live/Steam are.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2011, 11:54:55 AM »
hahaha I have no clue what he means by that. Is he talking about Nintendo out developing 3rd parties? Or is Nintendo so touchy-feely with 3rd parties that rape isn't too far away?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 24, 2011, 03:08:30 PM »
I'm not really sure if he was referring to 3rd Parties or Sony & MS.

because he could have meant that Nintendo may been slow getting here, but they made all the right moves this time to win the race.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2011, 03:29:52 PM »
NOE does this every year. You can read our antics from last year's here.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 26, 2011, 12:39:02 AM »
http://kyoto-report.blogspot.com/2011/05/release-dates.html
Future Releases

Mario Kart 3DS
Unspecified Console / 2011
EAD Software Group No.1, Nintendo Co., Ltd
Production Development

Pikmin 3
Unspecified Console / 2012

EAD Software Group No.4, Nintendo Co., Ltd
Prototype Development

Super Mario 3DS
Nintendo 3DS / 2011
EAD Tokyo Software Group No.2, Nintendo Co., Ltd
Production Development

Rhythm Tengoku Wii
Wii / 2011
SPD Production Group No.1, Nintendo Co., Ltd
Production Development

Wii Relax
Wii / 2012
SPD Production Group No.1, Nintendo Co., Ltd
Prototype Development

I think we can all assume that means Café.
nevermind the "unspecified console" next to Mario Kart 3DS even though the console is in the game name

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 26, 2011, 06:02:45 AM »
no news pleases me more.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2011, 06:49:06 AM »
The unspecified console that Nintendo is bringing Super Mario Kart 3DS to should be Cafe just for the LULZ of it.
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 26, 2011, 10:09:02 AM »
I can see them opening up with the 3DS, then dwell into the Wii's library, then hit us hard with an announcement of the Cafe.

Close to what I'm expecting.  I'd say we'll get hit with DS & Wii information (as they're the oldest and Nintendo always likes to start off with sales figures), then 3DS, then CafĂ©.

If I were Nintendo, I'd totally talk about the 3DS, then tell everyone "Oh, you can download demos and such right now.", then thank everyone for coming, walk off the stage, bring up the house lights... show's over...

...Then, Miyamoto peeks his head around the corner.
...a few seconds later, Iwata peeks around the corner - says something like "Yeah, they're still out there."
...Reggie comes out..."What are you all still doing here?"
...unpaid intern (me) goes up to Reggie and whispers something in his ear.
..."Oh!  You guys think you're ready to hear about Project CafĂ©, eh?"

After some more teasing, the house lights go down and BLAM - video of Café and shiznit.

For once, I am actually glad Nintendo doesn't have anything to boast in terms of sales. Maybe it'll translate into cleaner show.

Nintendo still has plenty to brag about in the sales area.  And, besides, even in the GameCube area, they still talked about sales.  Because E3 isn't just for you and I - it's for press, investors and retailers.  These guys actually care about sales.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2011, 10:16:03 AM »

Close to what I'm expecting.  I'd say we'll get hit with DS & Wii information (as they're the oldest and Nintendo always likes to start off with sales figures), then 3DS, then CafĂ©.

If I were Nintendo, I'd totally talk about the 3DS, then tell everyone "Oh, you can download demos and such right now.", then thank everyone for coming, walk off the stage, bring up the house lights... show's over...

...Then, Miyamoto peeks his head around the corner.
...a few seconds later, Iwata peeks around the corner - says something like "Yeah, they're still out there."
...Reggie comes out..."What are you all still doing here?"
...unpaid intern (me) goes up to Reggie and whispers something in his ear.
..."Oh!  You guys think you're ready to hear about Project CafĂ©, eh?"

After some more teasing, the house lights go down and BLAM - video of Café and shiznit.

Nintendo still has plenty to brag about in the sales area.  And, besides, even in the GameCube area, they still talked about sales.  Because E3 isn't just for you and I - it's for press, investors and retailers.  These guys actually care about sales.
You know instead of poking out.  I would have Reggie, Iwata, Miyamoto, and the Lead Engineer on Cafe step out after the lights are up with their mic still "accidentally" on and start talking about getting some testing done on this big screen.  Then proceed to play Cafe like their is no one else in the room.