Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 932229 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #1975 on: November 21, 2014, 06:45:27 PM »
The only proof of innocence in a Mafia game comes after someone gets killed. There's probably some irony there somewhere.

Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #1976 on: November 23, 2014, 01:17:41 AM »
I thought you were supposed to keep all mafia talk in the damn Mafia forum. I was hoping to wait this game out but damn you guys keep letting it spill over into other areas of the forum, it is starting to get annoying.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: November 23, 2014, 02:39:13 AM »
I thought you were supposed to keep all mafia talk in the damn Mafia forum. I was hoping to wait this game out but damn you guys keep letting it spill over into other areas of the forum, it is starting to get annoying.

I was gonna say the same thing many hours ago (possibly even days).... but not quite so rudely.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1978 on: November 23, 2014, 08:40:40 AM »
Vote marvel_moviefan.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1979 on: November 23, 2014, 07:59:06 PM »
Can't a guy get a 64th chance or something?
Lol 64
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: November 23, 2014, 09:08:54 PM »
"How dare you talk about Mafia outside of the Mafia forum, especially in a thread dedicated to making fun of everything else on the NWR Forums."

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: November 23, 2014, 09:13:01 PM »
Yeah, this thread is specifically about making passive aggressive comments about things happening in other threads on the forum, and the mafia game is getting a lot of posts right now.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: November 25, 2014, 04:20:50 PM »
You know, someone on another forum is giving me fond memories of TJ Spyke.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: November 25, 2014, 10:03:48 PM »
Quote from: Not Tj Spyke
Siding with a company because a small subset of customers have an unrealistic entitlement mentality means that they have 'worked' me and I'm a a shill? Wow.

You want to talk about problems with arguments? It's this. This black and white idiocy. This 'us vs them' mentality. The whole concept that if they don't give you what you want, that they're shitty, and that's that.

I got news for you. Contrary to popular belief, the customer is not always right. Sometime's they're just a whiny pain in the ass, and no amount of reasonable measures will placate them. There will be always something else for them to complain about

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: November 26, 2014, 12:09:26 AM »
You sure it is not him with a different name?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: November 26, 2014, 12:49:42 AM »
Siding with a company because a small subset of customers have an unrealistic entitlement mentality means that they have 'worked' me and I'm a a shill? Wow.

You want to talk about problems with arguments? It's this. This black and white idiocy. This 'us vs them' mentality. The whole concept that if they don't give you what you want, that they're shitty, and that's that.

I got news for you. Contrary to popular belief, the customer is not always right. Sometime's they're just a whiny pain in the ass, and no amount of reasonable measures will placate them. There will be always something else for them to complain about

I have no problem with this statement and would agree with it. What's the issue?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: November 26, 2014, 01:08:26 AM »

I have no problem with this statement and would agree with it. What's the issue?
It's in an argument over Amiibo of all things.

Apparently if you don't like having ingame content locked to a physical object like Amiibo:

you are literally asking for every piece of content that you want to be offered for sale in the fashion that you want it. Anything else 'ties content to expensive things you don't want' and is therefore 'shitty'. The logical conclusion is that you want to buy your game piece by piece, so you don't get any extra crap you don't want.

Congratulations. Its that sort of shitty entitlement mentality that got us EA's microtransactional bullshit in the first place. Just what you wanted, right?

Oh no, it's not. What YOU (and Pokepal) seem to want is a package deal at a price YOU want that gives all of the content YOU want, and none of the things that YOU don't want.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: November 26, 2014, 08:27:17 AM »
Sounds awfully like him. The dude not only likes to go to bat for the Mega Corps, he would gladly go to the wall for them no matter how heinous the crime. Dude had issues.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: November 26, 2014, 01:01:14 PM »
Nice guy in real life though (from what I can tell), I feel kind of bad for being a dick to him over the years.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: November 26, 2014, 05:28:52 PM »
I think I was friends with him on facebook. But I never check my facebook anymore. Too many drama postings and annoying photos. I was friends with Sundulos as well.

Everytime I think about becoming active on there again my wife shows me an incredibly annoying/incendiary/ignorant post and I decide to keep away longer. NWR and a few select other places are my facebook.
My Game Collection

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: November 26, 2014, 08:55:50 PM »

Exactly. I might have an issue with how he said it and how defensive he was being (I don't have context however) but I definitely agree with his sentiment. The customer isn't always right; anyone who thinks they are is an asshole.

When did this thread become a sarcastic place to complain about people who aren't even on NWR?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: November 26, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »
It wouldn't be NWR if couldn't find a way to derail a thread that is the essentially the home of all derailment of all other threads on NWR by derailing by it to discuss post/threads that aren't even on NWR.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: November 26, 2014, 11:00:13 PM »
I have to agree with him though.
Some weapon you didn't even know about is locked behind a figure you don't want.  You're no worse off by not buying the figure than you were the day before you found out about the weapon.

Be an adult and realize that not everyone caters to your every whim.  If enough customers reject the amiibo model, Nintendo will change or die.  Don't be an entitled jerk.

*didn't buy Hyrule Warriors due to the DLC model.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: November 26, 2014, 11:29:01 PM »
Time to unban TJ Spuke

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: November 26, 2014, 11:50:39 PM »
Time to unban TJ Spuke
Hell No. You have no idea what hell that would unleash

The customer might not always be right but same applies to companies. He would defend the most terrible **** to 110% because of his hardon for companies. You end up talking at him not to him as he never reconsiders his position even when factually wrong. Even when he might be right it would be for the wrong reasons.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: November 27, 2014, 12:43:29 AM »
Well... the forums would be a bit more lively, that's for sure.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: November 27, 2014, 12:45:06 AM »
What difference, at this point, does this make? Would he even notice he was unbanned?
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: November 27, 2014, 12:46:57 AM »
What difference, at this point, does this make? Would he even notice he was unbanned?
We should just unban him and see if he ever notices.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: November 27, 2014, 12:48:00 AM »
If he has email notifications set up he'd notice if we started PMing him.
My Game Collection

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1999 on: November 27, 2014, 01:04:26 AM »
The last thing this forum needs is someone who'd defend Assassin's Creed Unity.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.