Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Metroid (NES) - stumped

(1/8) > >>

azeke:
So yeah. I wanted to know what's the deal with this series and it is easier for me to start from the very beginning so i can see where all elements that make the series came from.

I started playing it this week. And i think i'm stumped. I got rockets, bomb, long laser, one battery. I drew my own map on paper and everything. It was pretty enjoyable up to that point. I discovered two other respawning areas other than the default one but i feel way over my head in both. When i respawn there those fly thingies that come out of the tube kill me one way or another. Especially annoying when you you're get into the door but they still get you between the screens.

It wouldn't be so bad, if i could find any way to progress, but after two days or so of hopeless exploring the same areas i just don't know where to go. I can grind a bit in a safe areas to accumulate some energy but that is pointless when according to my map i've been everywhere and there is no way for me to progress.

I see a few passages that i can't get through now:

one with the sand and a door placed high, i sink in the sand and can't jump high enough to get to it, or maybe i need to double jump i don't know
a few areas with flying bugs and no platforms, i guess i should freeze them and use them as platforms but i don't have freezing ray
i also remember seeing a red rocket door that is placed inside the tower and seems to require double jump or something to get to
and another red rocket door requires me to jump way too high in ball mode than i can at the moment

Of course i can just look up the whole map on internet, but that would spoil me of all exploring.

So what should i do?

tendoboy1984:

--- Quote from: azeke --- I got rockets, bomb, long laser, one battery.
--- End quote ---

I think you mean missiles, bombs, long beam, and energy tank. :)

Pixelated Pixies:
Personally, I think the first Metroid is unplayable; and that's coming from a huge fan of the Metroid series as a whole. Super is where I'd recommend anyone new to the series start.

Good luck though.

NWR_DrewMG:

--- Quote from: Pixelated Pixies on December 09, 2012, 10:21:28 AM ---Personally, I think the first Metroid is unplayable; and that's coming from a huge fan of the Metroid series as a whole. Super is where I'd recommend anyone new to the series start.

Good luck though.

--- End quote ---

I hear this sentiment a lot, and couldn't disagree more.  It's perfectly playable, as long as you're patient or willing to use a guide to help you with the maps.

Sounds like you've explored everything you can in the main area and need to move onto the next major area of the game.  At the bottom of the second vertical shaft, you can continue to the right and eventually make it to the elevator.  That area is where you need to be exploring.  You're not too far away from getting the freeze beam and the hi-jump boots, so keep at it.

Pixelated Pixies:

--- Quote from: NWR_DrewMG on December 10, 2012, 09:16:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: Pixelated Pixies on December 09, 2012, 10:21:28 AM ---Personally, I think the first Metroid is unplayable; and that's coming from a huge fan of the Metroid series as a whole. Super is where I'd recommend anyone new to the series start.

Good luck though.

--- End quote ---

I hear this sentiment a lot, and couldn't disagree more.  It's perfectly playable, as long as you're patient or willing to use a guide to help you with the maps.

--- End quote ---

I disagree.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version