Author Topic: Mafia 69 Sonic '06: Day 7: The End of the World (Majority Rule Active)  (Read 4603 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile

Dead: TofuFury: (The Godfather.)

Note: The Godfather's death means Goon #1 has inherited the ability to make a hit. This also means voting off Goon #1 will once again cancel the Mafia's hit.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 12:59:53 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 69 Sonic '06: Day 7: Kingdom Valley.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 12:20:22 AM »
A dramatic turn of events just in time  8)
The Chao blue screen of death was like an Ace Attorney breakdown. We need to keep this train rolling and go for goon #1.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 12:26:35 AM »
Wow!

We got a win! I'm going to pour over some of yesterdays posts with new understanding, I think we can figure out who the other mafia members are.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Re: Mafia 69 Sonic '06: Day 7: The End of the World
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 12:37:08 AM »
Just to make things interesting (I had someone ask me to come up with a way to speed up the endgame.)

I will now be trying to use Khush's Majority rule from last game.

Voting will end early if an individual player receives 3 votes.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:40:36 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 69 Sonic '06: Day 7: The End of the World (Majority Rule Active)
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 01:01:59 AM »
Seems i was wrong about oohhboy. Wow so one wrong vote and mafia can group up and end the vote.  We better be right on the money.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 01:03:58 AM by apdude »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 01:13:49 AM »
I've asked Khush to lock the thread for me if it reaches a majority and he sees it before I do. Props to him if he actually agrees to do it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 01:17:02 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 01:30:07 AM »

Alright, time to start some ****. Vote Apdude.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 03:26:30 AM by oohhboy »
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 06:04:47 AM »
You voted against the Godfather apdude, your guilt is overwhelming. Vote apdude

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 11:16:39 AM »
Hmm, apdude and I were messaging last night about the vote. I was tempted to change my vote back to Tophatant, but didn't because I could not change my vote in time. Glad I didn't in the end. Apdude is either very subtle or it was a genuine misunderstanding.

I'll hold off on voting until I see more of what the day holds, especially since one more vote for him could prematurely end the day. I could be unwittingly sending the last two mafia to victory.
My Game Collection

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 11:42:12 AM »
So based on my conversations, it sounds like either oohhboy or Mop It up is claiming to be the investigator and pulled TopHat into the trio.  Stratos like me is probably a townie with no role.  So these are the possible scenarios I can come up with.

If nickmitch is absentee investigator that means the mafia can claim it fairly easily.  So supose 2 of the three (mop it up, oohhboy, tophat) are mafia and are looking to confuse the rest of the townies, voting a fellow mafia member out is a good way to garner trust.  Why they didn't use this tactic to just vote out another townie such as myself is beyond me.  But it is what it is. 

I'm going to vote TopHatAnt

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 11:46:21 AM »
Sorry apdude, but it sounds like you were trying to play me according to the investigator.

Apologies if I am wrong; vote apdude.

/day thread
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 11:51:39 AM »
So I had to work overtime to get myself saved there, with my vote for stevey pretty much being nothing but selfish.

It'd be easy to write it off as just getting rid of an inactive townie (since everyone knew they were most likely town), but it definitely could be seen as off that a vote would be led against a near-confirmed town. I can't slight Khush completely since he did help me out, but it's food for thought nonetheless. It's a good cover-up for voting off a town, if that was the intention.

TOPHAT kinda jumped in whenever convenient and voted for stevey without offering much else except blindly agreeing with the wagon. Then Lucario just up and goes for Khush, which is either him being his usual self or a sign that he knows something (doubtful). Plently of lurkers this game too, so no doubt there's 1-2 mafia just not posting. Fun.

In terms of the deaths, lolmonade is a pretty easy pick. If anything, he possibly draws some suspicion to Stogi, but other than that his demise doesn't give much away. Stogi could be doing some sort of power play (he's capable of it), but at this point I'm inclined to not vote for him.

ShyGuy possibly mafia. Stogi could be town.

The thing I find curious is that Stogi didn't die. Could have just been a mafia oversight, but Day 0 he claimed doctor, and in the rules it states that the doc can't save themselves. So they could have easily made the hit and take the chance that he actually is doc.

It was probably just a bluff on Stogi's end. But in any case, it's still odd.

My point is that the mafia didn't necessarily have much to lose, since there may not have been a doc protection in the way off the hit. Best case scenario he actually is the doc and they get the kill, worst case Stogi lives and the town still has no leads.

Nothing to end. Once again you're not really listening to me at all. I called out TOP yesterday because I didn't approve of his posting. He seemed shifty and was lurking, like other players that have yet to come forward.

I was suspicious of him for a while. But if you'd prefer for me to go after you I can, since you seem to have your feathers a bit ruffled about it.

I find it more important at the moment to get everyone to participate here, otherwise we have to resort to whacking at inactives.

or the record Stogi, I reached out to you to get your thoughts and you either didn't see that or consciously decided to not reply. I didn't want you voted off because I want to hear your thinking first.

Your arguments against me have been based off of flimsy reasoning and coincidental scenarios. If anything, YOUR voting doesn't make sense.

In every game I play I always offer up whatever I am thinking so that the town can ponder over multiple options and not get tunnel-vision focus on simple bandwagons. Yes, I do find it odd the mafia didn't hit you given the probabilities at play, though as I said I'm inclined to believe you're town and that the mafia either made an oversight or didn't like the chances.

But let's go further.

If I'm mafia, why would I be drawing unnecessary attention to myself? I've had a big target painted on me since Day 0 and I've gone with voting pressure on constantly. It's not something useful if I had such a role. I'd be playing more reserved and more in the background, since that strategy always wins on here.

I've been very open and I have made sure to do my best to detail my reasoning for all that I have done. I think I look pretty clearly like a member of the town. I'm doing my best to spread information and offer up my ideas and courses of action.

I think it's important to call people out on suspicion, so I called out TOPHAT because his posting struck me. His only contribution was supplying a vote for stevey without ever showing much consideration for it.

ShyGuy hasn't exactly done much to help at all, as well as others that have remained in hiding, seeing as that's just the easiest way to win.

Vote Khushrenada

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 11:59:33 AM »
Did mop it up turn into Silenced all of a sudden?

Ohh wait I'm dead....   Congrats you killed Goon 1...  (killed by vote)  only Goon 3 is left. 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 12:01:46 PM by apdude »