Author Topic: Fire Emblem Fates  (Read 69825 times)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Fire Emblem Fates
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2016, 07:14:55 PM »
So before I get banned, let me put this in context, when I say gay now it's referring to gay marriage, not an insult or anything.

So incest pretty bad right?
Gay marriage is legal and allright right?
But Fates seems to have this pretty messed up and the European version of the game allows incest but gay marriage is banned? like wtf? and sure some people would ahem spoiler that they're not actually blood related, but your character doesn't know that, until much later in the game. So again wtf?
NOE I would like an explanation.
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2016, 01:38:39 PM »
Just download the hack/patch that adds full gay marriage for Fates, grab the Awakening one while you are at it, because other fans have already done all the work on it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2016, 06:44:52 PM »
Just download the hack/patch that adds full gay marriage for Fates, grab the Awakening one while you are at it, because other fans have already done all the work on it.
? how would you do that, for the European one? and does it screw up streetpass?
Made you look ****.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2016, 07:46:10 PM »
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2016, 08:11:07 PM »
thanks Shaymin
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2016, 10:45:58 PM »
r u serious with the title.
there is no gay marriage in the European versions and Australian versions of the game.
Or you deaf or blind?
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2016, 11:43:21 PM »
Your other accurate title has been restored. Let's move it along people. Nothing to see here.  :P
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2016, 08:27:53 PM »
r u serious with the title.
there is no gay marriage in the European versions and Australian versions of the game.
Or you deaf or blind?

The twitter exchange Shaymin posted was to verify that there is same-sex marriage in the European versions of Fates. It's in there. If they took it out, it would have been a big deal and we would have heard about it a long time ago.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2016, 08:59:20 PM »
Check Australia, in our version same sex can only get a A+ relationship stat.
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2016, 09:47:33 PM »
I may have missed you saying it earlier, but you do know there are only two options for same-sex relationships, right? Only Niles x M Corrin and Rahjat x F Corrin. It was never a marriage free-for-all in any version of Fates.

And I can't find the same-sex patch for Fates right now, but here is one for Awakening to satisfy all of your homo-erotic needs. I would check the Fire Emblem sub-reddit for leads on the Fates patch. These are patches that you can apply to your own clean roms of the original games. Works on PC if you have access to a clean rom, you need a flash cart to patch a physical cart to play on your 3DS.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:56:21 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2016, 10:09:59 PM »
Thanks for the awakening tip.
I didn't know about Niles and Rahjat, thanks.
Niles would probably be on the only one I try, Rahjat is creepy.

Apparently the support conversations for bi-relationships is lacking too, but i'll try it.
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2016, 11:26:51 AM »
It is indeed a hot mess, with things that feel way out of left field-even for Fire Emblem standards. Search the convos for Soleil if you are curious. She was meant to be the Lon'qu archetype of being afraid of a specific gender, and apparently the Japanese version was much more innocent, but in the English one it comes off as a form of sexual conversion therapy.
My Game Collection

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2016, 07:44:42 PM »
Fates, my final thoughts.
A Great game, but with a lot of flaws.
I disagree strongly with the Waifu simulator people are calling it. The Game is still very much like the first Fire emblem in a lot of ways. So what about conversations? They had depth to characters, and give new strategy to the game. Who's the best combo with stats to take on this channelled? Will these two work together well? My castle is also great and added that hub that awakening lacked.This adds more thinking to the game. Now The flaws.
Well its the Majora's mask to OoT. Awakening saved the franchise, was a hit and was a fantastic game. Fates re-uses a LOT of the assets from awakening. Still an improvement from awakening, but still annoying. The campaigns feel short and sure with all 3 campaigns its a big game, but it costs money to make it a big game. Which annoys me I fell $2 short of getting birthright after buying revelation. In Awakening the Conversations were brilliant and I enjoyed reading them. In Fates, not so much. I lot of the conversations feel forced and not how the characters would actually act. (And I recently found out hands-on how bad the gay marriage convos were.)
Other then that, I think it's a good game that just needs work. And I'm sure with the next one (problely on NX) they'll fix this.
 I love the game, it's just the conversations that were a big problem for me.
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2016, 02:48:23 AM »
So before I get banned,

my final thoughts.

I think it's a good game that just needs work.

Ok. So, with that out of the way, is this when you want me to ban you? :evil;

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2016, 06:53:17 AM »
Nice context change khush.
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2016, 12:20:31 PM »
You said it all in that order. I changed nothing!

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2016, 05:50:25 AM »
I for the life of me cannot bring myself to continue playing the revelations path with how bad of a taste the Birthright slog left in my mouth. This whole game has left me confused and I cannot reasonably distinguish weather I like the whole of Fire Emblem Fates or not.

It most certainly isn't worth the $80+ one might pay for anything near a complete experience.

As I write this right now, I am deeply struggling to think of a single character from the hoshido side that I gravitated towards. Azama? mmmmmmmaybe Rinkah, who from both times I've tried her has had bad growths? I'm not counting kids, because not only do they feel super paper thin as far as their inclusion goes, but I feel like their attachment to ANY of the conflicts in the game are so far removed... they don't have any ventured interest in the war for countries they didn't even grow up in... speaking of which, a lot of the characters feel just like that too... either they're retainers, or only get support with Corrin and thus have their character growth outside of their brief spotlight in the campaign stunted.

even still, the whole "EVERYONE SUPPORTS WITH EVERYONE" mentality the game takes has the unfortunate side effect of making several supports retreads of the same stuff instead of two characters feeling memorable. there's a countless number of "Effie is Strong! but Effie is also hungry!" supports out there or "Look at how much of a hapless goof but an endless optimist Arthur is!" or retreads of Nyx's backstory with multiple characters. Older Fire Emblem games had a few support options, but the conversations ended up being something that would make both characters grow from what the campaign already established, and the Campaign usually does SOMETHING to establish these characters.

I literally know ****-all about Hana, Kagero, or Hinata. they're hoshidan retainers. one of them is Saizo and Kaze's sister. that's pretty much it. they just throw clumps of characters at you and do nothing to make me care about them in the first place. give me some hooks here! ties with a villan, a shady past, a love interest we haven't met yet, SOMETHING!

There's an example of this in Inigo, Serena, and Odin. these three characters would IMMEDIATLEY get lost in the shuffle if they weren't what they were, and also didn't have 2 DLC missions devoted to them to explain how the ****. In addition, they act extremely out of character when taken into context of Birthright especially.

The real kicker here is that they used to weave character motivations into the chapters in these games, and that's just... gone. Even Fire Emblem Awakening has a chapter where they introduce a character who's not important to the grand scheme of things, but you meet him, he has a motivation, and then he joins you because he's a sellsword who has a big heart although everyone seems to think he's a creeper because he saved a magical loli. that's all I really needed. and I didn't have to pay for 2 DLC chapters to get it or invest the time into a crap shoot of supports to get something that isn't surface level playing to an archetype.

or, hell, how about we go with Raven from Blazing Sword. when you draft him with help from his sister, you immediatley learn he's really only there to keep her safe and because doing so gives him his shot at revenge on house Ostia. bam. you have motivation other than "Eh, so and so is my charge, and I'm a gooooooooooooooofy archetype!"

I've gotten used to the fuckery with the new weapon triangle that doesn't make sense and all the piled on classes and such, and given this game found a far more grind-heavy resource management loop, I can't exactly complain about weapon durability being taken from the equation. I can, however, bitch plenty about how My Castle is BORKED and that it needs a major rework in most respects.

I bet you didn't know this, but the game actually rewards you for setting up your castle to be as easily defeated as possible. it's true! here's a word of advice on how (at least at the game's launch) you should ideally set your castle up to maximize it's popularity.

1) remove Lilith's little nesting tree. this is VERY important. also, never place the white dragon, black dragon, golem, or automations anywhere around your castle.

2.) put a building of some sort as close to your castle's entrances as possible. the more invaders that can move to that building's entrance as possible, the better.

3.) turn off "Auto-place defenders"

4.) when placing defenders, put a weak unit (probably an einherjar) with no items in it's inventory as your sole defender at the building you placed as close as possible to the entrance.

5.) name your castle "NoDrgn1Turn"

you now have a castle ideal for people to come and defeat and rate your castle to raise it's popularity and net you the very nice items to have inside the Rewards tab when people visit the castle! you should also go out and search out other 1 turn castles to help them out, as the common ettiquitte for those in the know is to then visit you in turn and give you precious circle jerk points that you only get to reward if you manage to successfully seige your opponent's castle, and naturally, if it's as effortless of a process as possible, you can go about rewarding folks quickly! of course, you could also make your castle a skill farm, but at this point I feel that most of the best skill farm castles are already established.

Getting multiple copies of a special weapon to craft it is MURDER. you either have to acquire these through RNG of talking to everyone around your castle after EVERY map, you can buy a few in limited quantity in your own shop, or my least favorite of all, you can do the even more RNG based Museum Mayhem map, which is not only RNG filled garbage, but it's also designed to be murderous and not be easily completed on a classic playthrough. I actually would not play Museum Mayhem unless you are playing on Phoenix Mode and don't give a single **** about getting ganked by the game deciding they're just going to flood one end of the map with tons of reinforcements because why not?

unlike Fire Emblem Awakening, I feel like Fire Emblem Fates hides a TON behind it's DLC. Taking full advantage of over-expensive systems like smithing almost requires you to do Ghostly Gold and then grind other castles for resources so you can buy a ton of Iron weapons and make them into something decent. Boo Camp is both an annoying map, but needed if you're really going to be taking advantage of trying to have a conquest file with the same sort of splendor that your birthright or Revelations files will have... Hidden Truths both hide important plot points and both a class item and generally very useful item behind them... Beach Brawl is silly and Harmless, but the other one is your only access to stat up items that isn't finite (no shop outside of my castle means there isn't even a secret shop to take advantage of in that regard.) Anna On the Run is... well, I'd actually say you'd really want it for Birthright where it's nice having an outlaw is really nice. and... everything else has a nice item with a map from an old fire emblem map attached, or it has an actual story and good use of the kid characters attached.

I'm on a dilusional rant and really hating on this game, but... you know what?

At the end of the day, it's still fire emblem. it's still difficult (Birthright for all the WRONG reasons), It's still got a charming localization in some regards, it fixed the majorly broken Pair up thing and my major issue with reclass, and the more modular experience probably makes this a better game for the less informed and invested customer who cherry picks the hunks they want and are find with what they find on the surface. It's fun, but I can't help but feel bitter from both money spent on the package and how much pf it I didn't like.

« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2016, 12:22:15 PM »
I never finished Awakening (my first FE game), because, well, I suck at these games. I however do like playing them so Phoenix Mode really makes me happy. It's probably the main reason I finished Birthright. I'm now half-way through Revelations, which is also great. The only thing that sucks is that some of the relationship dialog does not take Revelations into account. For example, it occasionally assumes that some characters that are not in the camp in Revelations are actually in the camp. That feels a little sloppy for a 20$ DLC. All in all, I think these games are awesome, and I hope the next FE games will keep Phoenix Mode. Just my two cents.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 12:24:32 PM by The Lucky Moose »

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2016, 06:21:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure Hinoka gets more lines of dialogue in Conquest then she does in Birthright, which is the version she's supposed to be main character of.

Seriously though, there is one point in all three games that actually works well for me and that's the last march on Hoshido in Conquest.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2016, 04:48:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure Hinoka gets more lines of dialogue in Conquest then she does in Birthright, which is the version she's supposed to be main character of.

Seriously though, there is one point in all three games that actually works well for me and that's the last march on Hoshido in Conquest.

yeah... that's kinda the problem when you have an introvert who's plot revelence is moreso McGuffin than standing out as a character... and really, all the royalty kinda fall victim to this to varying degrees. I think I gravitated towards Camilla becuase once you're through her whole incestuous MILF Yandere sthick, there's actually a pretty neat character underneath who's trying to balance two very distinct facets of her personality and just isn't as mature about it. I actually think it makes one of the few really interesting dynamics between the royals with how much Elise contrasts that SO much.

Hinoka seems like she might be interesting because of how quickly she decided to grow up and devote herself to stabbin' bitches in the face with a naginata, but... no. that's pretty much it. she doesn't have a REASOn to be attached to corrin, and just... I ended up using a lot of her in my birthright playthrough and she has a lot of boring supports besides with her retainers, who are way more interesting than she is for how seemingly incompetent they are.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2016, 11:43:56 PM »
Elise is clearly the best character of all the royals and the one who seems more fleshed out story-wise. She has pretty good support convos with almost everyone.

**** Takumi. I think that needs to be said at least once every other reply.

Also I like EG Daily, who is Hinoka, Selkie and Peri's voice actress. That alone is reason enough for me to love Hinoka.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2016, 12:06:36 AM »
Peri makes me think of a medieval Harley Quinn, which makes me like her a lot more. What class do you all use for her?

What characters do you like to give the amiibo and DLC classes? For me:

• Odin got Grandmaster due to having magic and swords.
  • Laslow got Lodestar because he was Chrom's son in my Awakening runs.
  • Kaze got Dread Fighter due to being cooler than master ninja and using special weapons.
  • Selena got Great Lord because... I wanted all three of the Awakening kids to get a special class, though I might change it to Mozu and give Selena Dark Flier.
  • Vanguard may go to Arthur for my Conquest run.
  • Witch may go to Rahjat on Birthright or Revelations, undecided for Conquest. Tempted to give it to Camilla, but hat to toss out her MaligKnight class just yet.
My Game Collection

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2016, 12:10:03 AM »
Peri makes me think of a medieval Harley Quinn, which makes me like her a lot more. What class do you all use for her?

• Kaze got Dread Fighter due to being cooler than master ninja and using special weapons.
  • Selena got Great Lord because... I wanted all three of the Awakening kids to get a special class, though I might change it to Mozu and give Selena Dark Flier.
  • Witch may go to Rahjat on Birthright or Revelations, undecided for Conquest. Tempted to give it to Camilla, but hat to toss out her MaligKnight class just yet.
so true about peri, I actually said that to a friend today wtf!? :D
takumi has a decant convo if you pair him up with Camilla, it's one of the good ones actually.
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2016, 12:11:37 AM »

so true about peri, I actually said that to a friend today wtf!? :D
takumi has a decant convo if you pair him up with Camilla, it's one of the good ones actually.
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2016, 12:32:19 AM »
I would never pair up Takumi with Camilla. I don't think he deserves her. But I'll check out the convo online.
My Game Collection