Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3140738 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #5750 on: March 06, 2012, 12:28:17 AM »
If it comes out next year, it will probably be on every major platform.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: March 06, 2012, 01:13:08 AM »
There is no word on platform(s) yet, but I'm gonna drop this here anyway

http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/03/inside-source-reports-darkstalkers-4-is-in-the-works-exclusive/

I saw that yesterday and decided to let you have it.

How about this one! Nintendo-Gamer thinks Bioshock is coming for Wii U?

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/02/20/22-wii-u-games-in-development/4/
So, with that final enigma to muse over, that’s about it. We do know that Ken Levine of BioShock fame has got something planned for the new machine (BioShock Infinite looks most likely, which suits us just fine, as you can see from our Bioshock Infinite Wii U feature here) as has Warren Spector, of Junction Point and Disney Interactive. With a third-party line-up like this already and the machine still waiting for its first finalised design debut, the future is looking very bright indeed. Bring on E3 2012!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: March 06, 2012, 01:37:12 AM »
I saw that rumor and it was sort of "put to bed" by the game creator a while ago when he said that he wasn't working on it.

I remember some people having a big discussion about it a while back, but don't remember what the original rumor was. It's about as old as the mention of Warren Spector working on Epic Mickey 2, and for some reason Nintendo-Gamer has been re-releasing alot of old news as new news lately, and also being quite misleading in their story titles (they ran the ACIII trailer as a Wii U trailer), so I would be a little careful about sourcing them right now.

edit: almost forgot why I actually came in here.
Another rumor, but this time based on a game that is rumored to be coming to Wii U
http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/06/rumour-2k-czech-working-on-grand-theft-auto-v-mafia-iii/

Mafia III team is helping with GTA V and R* is helping with Mafia III in return.
Hopefully both games see the light of day on Wii U
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:39:52 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: March 06, 2012, 01:40:39 AM »
Oh please! Just trying to make me look bad! I mean who is everyone really going to trust? Come on now.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: March 06, 2012, 01:47:59 AM »
I will look it up later. I think Broodwars was heavy in that discussion, so maybe he remembers.
Details about it possibly being Bioshock Infinte might be new (I don't remember the original rumor/speculation), but if I don't find it, I'll add it to the list ;D

pre-post edit:
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/714431/irrational-games-ken-levine-has-no-plans-for-wii-u-game/

Ofcourse things could have changed, but since everyone is sourcing nintendo-gamer as the source to an article they wrote 2 weeks ago (after several really old stories being posted as new), it more than likely means people are Wii U news starved and willing to jump on anything.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: March 06, 2012, 01:56:05 AM »
Seems odd that Nintendo would go out of their way to interview Ken Levine for their Wii U E3 presentation last year if he didn't have something in the works for the platform. Of all the designers to interview, why pick one who isn't interested? If that was the case, they might as well have gone the extra mile and asked David Jaffe on his thoughts. Why? For the hell of it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: March 06, 2012, 02:31:54 AM »
He said he wasn't developing anything yet, but we shall see come E3.

That article also said that Scribblenauts is coming to Wii U too, so let's see if we can get some info on that (new or old rumor) as a member of the Scribblenauts team was a frequent poster over at NeoGAF back when the first and second game came out.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: March 06, 2012, 02:38:54 AM »
Anything happen at GDC today? Or should we expect more news as the week goes on?

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: March 06, 2012, 02:48:29 AM »
Show doesn't officially open till Wednesday.

word has it that there are Wii U games on display and they look good (much better than E3). Not sure how reliable that is, but his credibility has been pretty solid in the past.

Some of the GDC Wii U titles are pretty hot
[...]
It's just cool to see how things have improved since E3. The controller does spark some creative ideas when teams have the time and budget to play around. I think it'll have a good launch lineup (better than 3DS for starters). Though it's still too early to really tell what'll hit launch vs launch window
[...]
I dunno what people are going to 'announce,' but tons of people come to SF to hit the career path and lots of people talk about what they've been working on. It's like a walking version of LinkedIn

So take that for what it is...

edit: and that quote is from someone that was supposedly at GDC today and has direct access to a dev kit.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: March 06, 2012, 03:29:54 AM »
He said he wasn't developing anything yet, but we shall see come E3.
I know. I just meant, it seems more likely that Levine and irrational Games already came to some kind of an agreement to develop for the platform prior to E3. They probably already started and Nintendo asked them to hold off on announcing anything. My understanding is that Levine and co have never developed for Nintendo hardware ever. If there was no intention for development, why him of all designers? Why not someone else? I think there's a strong possibility that Wii U at least gets a port of Bioshock Infinite though I'd love to see something entirely new from Irrational Games for their inaugural game for Nintendo hardware.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5760 on: March 06, 2012, 03:35:08 AM »
Can't wait! Thanks BnM, Hope GDC starts with a Bang, wonder what games will be on display, let alone announcements.Hey BnM any chance Capcom will release another Breath of Fire game? Remember there was a pole in japan a while back asking what capcom franchise they would want to see revisit, Breath of fire was #1 on the list.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #5761 on: March 06, 2012, 03:42:28 AM »
Just don't get your hopes up. We don't know what will be at Nintendo's booth, but I do know that none of the major publishers will be showing anything Nintendo-related outside of Heroes of Ruin.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: March 06, 2012, 04:32:15 AM »
That we know of;) NDA's and all that jazz hehe.

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: March 06, 2012, 07:17:09 AM »
I didn't expect anything from 3rd parties at GDC. Nintendo probably wants E3 to be Wii U's coming out party. Still, Nintendo has had a few big announcements at GDC in the past like Phantom Hourglass (a brand Zelda is always a big deal even if the game didn't blow my socks off) and Super Mario 3D Land which is quite simply one of the best games ever made. A new Metroid or Zelda for 3DS could get announced and then be demoed at E3. Metroid seems more likely.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: March 06, 2012, 09:29:06 AM »
That article also said that Scribblenauts is coming to Wii U too, so let's see if we can get some info on that (new or old rumor) as a member of the Scribblenauts team was a frequent poster over at NeoGAF back when the first and second game came out.

Here is the reason that the Scribblenauts rumor came to be.

http://www.anddev.org/jobs-teams-f24/aaa-audio-designer-great-rates-t60150.html
and here is what it said before he edited it:
LATEST TITLES:
Drawn to Life, Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter, Lock’s Quest, Scribblenauts, Super Scribblenauts, Hybrid, Unannounced Wii U launch title.
http://nintendoeverything.com/83112/rumor-5th-cell-creating-wii-u-launch-title/

David Franco is a freelancer that has worked on lots of 5th Cell games, so someone took the leap of faith to call it Scribblenauts when we don't what it is he is/was working on or for who.

Outside of that David Frano connection, I never saw anything else point to 5th Cell developing on Wii U, not saying it isn't true though.

but definitely something to speculate about.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: March 06, 2012, 09:32:21 AM »
I figure we'll at least get a public speech from Nintendo saying "Don't worry.  Everything is on track." pretty much. 

I wouldn't mind a complete collection of Bioshock that has all the current games.  I never played them.  Partially because I don't have a PC I can crank up for them.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: March 06, 2012, 11:09:59 AM »
They got rid of the big keynotes this year, so there's no Nintendo speech.
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: March 06, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »
No Iwata speech? RRRAAAAAAGGGEE

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: March 06, 2012, 01:12:55 PM »
Just saw an Epic Mickey 2 rumor by Nintendo Gamer. I suppose you're right BlackNMild, they are posting a lot of old rumors as something new lately.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: March 06, 2012, 01:22:46 PM »
http://www.develop-online.net/news/40073/GDC-Nintendo-licenses-Autodesk-tech-for-Wii-U-devs
Nintendo is licensing the tech from Autodesk for the use of developers with there dev kits.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: March 06, 2012, 02:43:58 PM »
http://www.develop-online.net/news/40073/GDC-Nintendo-licenses-Autodesk-tech-for-Wii-U-devs
Nintendo is licensing the tech from Autodesk for the use of developers with there dev kits.

That should be in the Wii U thread or in a newly created "News from GDC 2012" thread.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:45:41 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: March 06, 2012, 03:47:16 PM »
What would that mean for developers?

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: March 06, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »
They got rid of the big keynotes this year, so there's no Nintendo speech.

But how are we ever going to get another handheld Zelda?!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5773 on: March 06, 2012, 04:49:58 PM »

That should be in the Wii U thread or in a newly created "News from GDC 2012" thread.

If people are waiting for me to make a GDC topic I won't be around on Wednesday for most of the day because I will be busy so someone else should make it and keep it updated.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: March 06, 2012, 04:53:04 PM »
GDC topic is here.
You can see here which games use Autodesk. I think they bought out some other companies, so the name itself isn't as well-known.
Aaron Kaluszka