Author Topic: Pikmin 3  (Read 23368 times)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Pikmin 3
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2010, 04:09:18 PM »
Wait, can someone tell me where the rumor that the next DS is going to be 3D came from? Or am I just around here so seldomly anymore that I've forgotten how to recognize/understand/appreciate a running joke?

hi people!
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2010, 04:12:53 PM »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2010, 04:17:07 PM »
The rumor came from the Nintendo announcement for Japanese investors that specified it will be 3D.

So it's probably just a fabricated leak that IGN, "I for Icarus", made up.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2010, 04:19:30 PM »
But there are also 3D TVs, you know.

Nintendo won't even support HD in the here and now.  Why would they make their portable output to cutting edge 3D TVs?

And I don't own a 3D TV so this would do me no good anyway.

Plus Nintendo has found a way to circumvent all of that fancy 3D tech anyways. Their 3D won't require glasses or anything. They might have just killed the push for expensive 3DTVs before it's even begun.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »
Good, becuz 3D movie ticket prices are set to increase an average of 8% nationwide.  Regular tickets are going up by 4%.

Dammit, industry.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »
But there are also 3D TVs, you know.

Nintendo won't even support HD in the here and now.  Why would they make their portable output to cutting edge 3D TVs?

And I don't own a 3D TV so this would do me no good anyway.

Plus Nintendo has found a way to circumvent all of that fancy 3D tech anyways. Their 3D won't require glasses or anything. They might have just killed the push for expensive 3DTVs before it's even begun.

I doubt this will kill off 3DTV; the tech behind 3D-sans-glasses is actually pretty common, but it requires the user to be standing in a fairly precise spot.

No, the pointlessness and expense of 3DTV is what will kill off 3DTV.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2010, 12:46:25 PM »
3D isn't bad, but 3DTV's won't take off for a LONG time. Regular HDTV's are only now starting to become more common and those people are not gonna go out and buy another very expensive TV so soon.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2010, 12:50:46 PM »
3D isn't bad, but 3DTV's won't take off for a LONG time. Regular HDTV's are only now starting to become more common and those people are not gonna go out and buy another very expensive TV so soon.

Stop it. You're breaking Sony's heart.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2010, 01:08:17 PM »
3D actually makes a lot more sense for a handheld than for a TV. With the handheld you already have the display, so you don't need to spend a few K to get the right TV, and if the 3D only works if you view it from a certain angle then that's fine too, because with a handheld you are ALWAYS viewing the screen from the same angle, but with a TV you could have people sitting in multiple spots in a room so it might create some issues.
is your sanity...