Author Topic: Poi: Explorer Edition: The OTHER 3D platformer releasing this week on the Switch  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
We know that Super Mario Odyssey comes out this Friday, especially as this person is excited and made a topic ahead of time for the game. However, there's also another, but less pronounced 3D platformer releasing for Switch this week, too: Poi: Explorer Edition. It's a collect-a-thon platformer that originally released on PC a bit ago (as Poi), and was going to come to Wii U before the team shifted development to the Switch so it'd be out on a platform that people actually would still care about. It got some relatively decent reviews (Destructoid's Jed Whitaker gave it an 8/10 in his review, for instance). I'm a sucker for 3D platformers of quality, and I think this one will be good. Just not awesome like Odyssey, for obvious reasons. That said, the original Poi launched at $15 digitally, and the Switch game gets a Switch tax at $30 for a physical version. Not sure if I'll bite that quickly on the game or jump in.

Regardless, here's some links for all.

Poi official game site
Poi Steam page
A recent interview with the dev on the Switch version
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)