Poll

Who Should Be Added in the Second DLC Wave?

Shrek
1 (2.5%)
Godzilla
1 (2.5%)
James Bond
1 (2.5%)
James Jones
1 (2.5%)
Super Kong
1 (2.5%)
Tutorial Pig
1 (2.5%)
Who cares? Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination
1 (2.5%)
Your Mom
2 (5%)
Malon
3 (7.5%)
Geno
2 (5%)
Funky Kong
4 (10%)
Reggie
2 (5%)
Iwata
1 (2.5%)
The Playstation All-Stars
1 (2.5%)
Goku
1 (2.5%)
The volleyball from Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball
2 (5%)
Nintendo Characters!
6 (15%)
The Mon-Stars from Space Jam
2 (5%)
More 3rd Party Characters!
5 (12.5%)
Sakurai
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 21, 2020, 02:36:44 PM

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate And The Never-Ending 3rd Party Character DLC  (Read 126927 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros. (Working Title)
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »
Here's another, way less likely, third party curveball character I could see happen: Chase McCain from LEGO City.
Traveller's Tales were one of the few staple developers that continuinally supported the Wii U; Nintendo published Lego City Undercover; it was exclusive to the U for a while; they included it in its Selects budget line; allowed references to Nintendo properties to appear in it; there's a 3DS exclusive prequel; and presumably Nintendo again supported the main game enough for a Switch re-release.

Meanwhile, Lego has very few original characters outside of Lego City Undercover and some of the movies (of which Ninjago bombed, Bionicle is long irrelevant)... I could see them being allowed a character in Smash. In which case Chase McCain is probably the most obvious bet due to his strong connection to Nintendo (The Lego Movie Videogame was just a regular multi-plat).

I'm not so sure about Chase McCain.  I haven't played too much Lego City Undercover, but I'm not sure how much I think the Lego franchise needs representation.  But I would enjoy a LCU stage or assist trophy.  Like Chase comes out and builds something obnoxious.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2018, 04:56:53 PM »
I'm not so sure about Chase McCain.  I haven't played too much Lego City Undercover, but I'm not sure how much I think the Lego franchise needs representation.  But I would enjoy a LCU stage or assist trophy.  Like Chase comes out and builds something obnoxious.

Yeah that's probably more logical, if they get any representation at all. Just saying I could see Nintendo give a nod to Traveller's Tales in this way, and Chase has the best potential for fun moves (up-B astronaut jetpack or farmer chicken glide, dynamite side-B from the miner outfit, a superbuild for the special smash etc.) out of most Lego characters far as I know.

But yeah highly unlikely to happen still, LCU was hardly a success.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2018, 06:05:07 PM »
I’m all for modifying movesets as it has occurred in the past, but I don’t think Luigi’s moveset needs to be changed just because “it’s too similar,” as others have noted. It should change for greater utility and accuracy.
Depends on who it is. If it makes sense for two characters to have a couple similar moves (e.g. Mario/Luigi), sure. If it doesn’t, change them (e.g. Captain Falcon/Ganondorf). This should definitely be looked at on a case by case basis.
Luigi already uses the Poltergust in his most recent Final Smash.
I’m not crazy about locking it behind the Final Smash.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2018, 06:23:02 PM »
What do you mean, “locking?” You don’t play high frequency item spawns with Smash Balls only? What are you, a casual?
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2018, 11:54:14 AM »
Ok here's an idea, Aeron from Pandora's Tower. He's not really relevant anymore and I don't think you could really make a sequel, but he could be a pretty unique character with his chain as his primary weapon.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2018, 01:11:27 PM »
Ok here's an idea, Aeron from Pandora's Tower. He's not really relevant anymore and I don't think you could really make a sequel, but he could be a pretty unique character with his chain as his primary weapon.

Oh he would certainly make an interesting character with his chain and all the other weapons he can carry.  The low sales of his game and lack of awareness hurt his chances but I hope we at least get a song or two since Pandora's Tower had some great music that would fit well in some of the Zelda or Fire Emblem stages.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2018, 01:53:41 PM »
I’d be pretty thrilled with having a music selection option to play any song on any stage. Maybe I want to listen to “Jump Up, Super Star!” in Umbra Clock Tower. Don’t judge me. You don’t know my life. You’re not my real dad.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2018, 10:50:15 PM »
This is so wild, I was just finishing up writing a piece on Pandora's Tower and saw this.

Aeron and Elena do have a trophy in Smash 4, and Aeron's chain would definitely offer some different tactics and possibly replace the Simon Belmont-shaped hole in our hearts, but I still feel like he's a bit too obscure/would only be included if a sequel were in the works.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2018, 06:50:04 PM »
Will Ivan be revealed at E3 or will he be a secret character?

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2018, 03:24:51 PM »
MAIN TIME
Smash Bros: Kirby/Samus
Melee: Mario/Young Link
Brawl: Zero Suit Samus/Lucario
Project M: Charizard/R.O.B.
Smash 4: R.O.B./Greninja

There’s lots of characters I’ve wanted to be good with but never invested enough time into. The worst offenders are Shulk and Bowser Jr. from Smash 4. Two of my absolute favorite characters, fallen by the wayside.
Mine...

Smash Bros.: Marth
Melee: Ice Climbers
Brawl: Lucas
Project M: Squirtle/Lucas
Smash 4: Zero Suit Samus
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2018, 07:40:06 PM »
Smash Bros.: Marth
Melee: Ice Climbers
Brawl: Lucas
Project M: Squirtle/Lucas
Smash 4: Zero Suit Samus
Marth wasn't in Smash Bros. 64. Perhaps you mean Link?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2018, 12:30:04 AM »

Who's Ivan? Is he from Devil's Third? I feel I should know this but I'm drawing a blank.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2018, 02:22:00 AM »

Who's Ivan? Is he from Devil's Third? I feel I should know this but I'm drawing a blank.
How could you forget the Wii U’s masterpiece, the cherry on top of its full-featured library?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2018, 03:00:15 AM »
There was such high demand for it that I wasn't able to pick up a copy and so I forced all memory of it out of my brain in order not to feel the soul-crushing disappointment of missing out on the greatest game of the last generation and possibly of all time. (Sorry Mighty Number 9) Thanks for bringing it up and reminding me. Now I can't even look at myself in the mirror again.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2018, 01:28:08 PM »
As a new Smash game means people creating wish lists of characters they'd like to see in the game, I figured I'd take my own stab at that. Except, my list would be way too long, so I'm going to take a different approach and list some characters that I do not want to see in this new Smash game. Don't worry, mine isn't a list of Fire Emblem characters.

Pink Gold Peach - Mario Kart 8
Looking like a possessed statue come to life, this shiny reskin has haunted Mario spin-offs since her original reveal to gritted teeth back in 2014. Forget Luigi's death stare, Pink Gold Peach's cold, dead eyes could pierce into the souls of anyone foolish enough to face her, dooming them to become a lifeless gold statue themselves... Sounds like this would be one of her special moves were she to appear in Smash. I guess not being able to look at a character could be an interesting gimmick, or maybe she'd go full on Midas and turn anything she touches into gold. Either way, keep her far away, please.

Mario - too many Super Mario games to list
Okay, we get it, Mario is Nintendo's happy-go-lucky mascot. That doesn't mean he has to appear in every single game, and he's already had his turn in four prior Smash games (or five if you count the Wii U and 3DS entries as separate). I think I speak for absolutely everyone when I say that we would all like to see him retire and have his slot taken up by a deserving newbie - which means no one else on this list either. Besides, who is honestly buying a Smash game for Mario, a character usable in practically everything? Don't we get enough of him from the platformers?

Great Deku Tree - various Legend of Zelda titles
It's safe to say that The Legend of Zelda is an iconic franchise in gaming icon history, and one of its many iconic characters would be the iconic Great Deku Tree who first appeared in the iconic Ocarina of Time and has recurred many times since. However, being an icon in itself shouldn't be enough to get him included into Smash, but I have a bad feeling he's gonna make the cut if they want more Zelda representation. After all, I can't think of anyone else they could choose.

Rooted to the ground, this big tree can't even move, so he would probably appear in the middle of the stage and remain there for the entire match. How could other characters knock him off the stage, then? They can't, so he would probably have HP instead; he wouldn't be the first character to have a unique mechanic all to himself. For his moves, he could probably do things like poke sharp roots out of the ground at his enemies, as well as luring a foe into attempting to pull out the Master Sword from its stone, damaging them for being unworthy. If all four players chose Great Deku Tree, it will likely end in a stalemate.

Beep-O - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
This little round robot created by a nameless person serves as the guide in a crossover game nobody thought would work yet somehow did. Or did it? Yes it did. While I'm sure Ubisoft would love to have their most popular character in Smash, the problem is that it doesn't actually do anything except float around and make commentary on the Rabbids and other happenings. Then again, I think the moves learned for outside of battles are attributed to Beep-O, so perhaps it could have its ability to push blocks and pick up statues to drop on the heads of foes. I have a feeling that a plunger would also somehow be involved, so I guess it could also take over the role of plumber for the game.

Cappy - Super Mario Odyssey
With Mario almost guaranteed to be cut from the roster (at least I hope so...), this means Cappy won't be able to just be a move for Mario and will have to become his own character slot. After all, they should include characters from some newer games as opposed to just having a whole bunch of has-beens that everyone either doesn't remember or is too young to have played those old dusty games. What better newer title than the best-sellingest one on the Switch, which is destined to outsell every previous game that has ever existed.

As Cappy doesn't have enough going for him to create a full moveset, he would probably borrow some of the capture abilities from Super Mario Odyssey enemies. He could use something like the Uproot to jump, the Hammer Bro for projectiles, and of course, even the T-rex so that he could eat opponents, resulting in an instant KO. He could also have the ability to somehow throw himself at another player to "capture" them, and then take over controlling them for a bit, though if the character has some sort of headgear he'd have to knock it off first. If you're thinking this character sounds too powerful, pfft, that hasn't ever stopped them before.

The helper from Picross 3D - Picross 3D
I cannot recall if this thing has a name, but it's a little cube sort of thing with a face and some blocks missing which acted as the tutor for Picross 3D. Nintendo must also have some blocks missing from their own heads if they honestly think this would be a good character for Smash. As it doesn't seem to have any limbs, it would have to float around the stage, which would probably make it a lightweight character. I'm not really sure what sort of moves it could have since it doesn't actually do anything in Picross 3D, but I s'pose it could clutter the screen with tutorial text to use as a distraction. Perhaps its moves could work similar to Picross and place a grid over opponents, then try to chip away at each space, KOing the character once all squares are removed.

Monita - Nintendo Land
As a launch title and pack-in for Nintendo's greatest and most memorablest console ever, pretty much everyone is familiar with its affable host, Monita. Unfortunately, this means that the thing will likely be in Smash, seeing as how it's their most popular character in recent history. It's also a representative for a crossover game, so it would fit right at home in a different sort of crossover. Perhaps someday all these crossover games will be crossed over into the same crossover. Fingers crossed.

Luckily, it does have one hand, so it could at least have a few basic moves such as a punch. Its grapple would probably be kind of weak, though. Using its monitor, it could show a very bright image, causing more and more strain on the opponent's eyes the closer Monita gets. Incorporating the idea that Nintendo Land was twelve franchises in one, mayhap it could have a move pulled from each one of them, and its use would be determined by from which franchise is the stage being played, or the opponent(s). Its Final Smash would likely be displaying the sales numbers for Wii U on its screen, which causes the foe to become too depressed to continue the fight.

Creeper - Minecraft
Let's face it, a Minecraft rep is practically inevitable as a third-party character, given that it's close to becoming the single best-selling game of all time. While most people would think that Steve or Alex are the logical picks, a large portion of its audience probably isn't even aware those are the official names of the default character skins. No, when people think of Minecraft characters, the one which sticks out the most in our minds is amongst its numerous hostile mobs - and I'm not talking about Jean. (You know, Jean? The final boss?)

It stalks in the night. It doesn't burn up during day. It is silent, up until it is too late... of course it is the Creeper, unarguably the most dangerous enemy in the game. Seriously, quit arguing with me. Anyone who has played Minecraft longer than one in-game day probably has their own story to tell about this jerk, either disrupting their builds or destroying valuable items from its violent explosions caused by an inability to handle its anthropophobia. Unfortunately, this is all they can do, so in Smash they would likely have just the one move. While anyone caught in this massive blast would automatically suffer a KO, the Creeper, itself, would also be KO'd, never to return. As such, the best outcome this character could hope for would be a draw.

Prop C1 - Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2
The most popular sequels ever as part of everyone's most favoritest Pokémon generation of all time, Black 2 and White 2 contained a side mini-game of sorts which allowed the player's Pokémon to star in various types of short movies. As nearly all of the movies were on a green screen sort of stage and all effects and backdrops were added afterwards in editing, the opponents in the movies were nothing but square props that the player Pokémon would attack, with the appropriate creature being added in later on screen. As Smash has yet to add any reps from Generation V, Prop C1 seems like the most logical choice, being part of the most memorable section in the game.

Without getting into the large amounts of Pokémon characters already in Smash, this thing would be a bad idea in a tortilla even if it were the one and only Pokémon representative. As nothing but a square, it would have trouble moving around, though it did have varying stats depending on which Mon it was going to represent in the finished movie. That means it would probably be given a random moveset in each match, with not even the player knowing what it could do without trying it first. The only way to view the prop's true form would be to watch the replay of the match, where the actual Mon would be edited into the video.

And there you have it, some of the worst choices they could make.

If anyone is still wondering, this list is facetious and should not be taken seriously in any capacity.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2018, 01:46:52 PM »
Prop C1 for smash.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2018, 02:04:42 PM »
As a new Smash game means people creating wish lists of characters they'd like to see in the game, I figured I'd take my own stab at that. Except, my list would be way too long, so I'm going to take a different approach and list some characters that I do not want to see in this new Smash game. Don't worry, mine isn't a list of Fire Emblem characters.

Pink Gold Peach - Mario Kart 8
Looking like a possessed statue come to life, this shiny reskin has haunted Mario spin-offs since her original reveal to gritted teeth back in 2014. Forget Luigi's death stare, Pink Gold Peach's cold, dead eyes could pierce into the souls of anyone foolish enough to face her, dooming them to become a lifeless gold statue themselves... Sounds like this would be one of her special moves were she to appear in Smash. I guess not being able to look at a character could be an interesting gimmick, or maybe she'd go full on Midas and turn anything she touches into gold. Either way, keep her far away, please.

Mario - too many Super Mario games to list
Okay, we get it, Mario is Nintendo's happy-go-lucky mascot. That doesn't mean he has to appear in every single game, and he's already had his turn in four prior Smash games (or five if you count the Wii U and 3DS entries as separate). I think I speak for absolutely everyone when I say that we would all like to see him retire and have his slot taken up by a deserving newbie - which means no one else on this list either. Besides, who is honestly buying a Smash game for Mario, a character usable in practically everything? Don't we get enough of him from the platformers?

Great Deku Tree - various Legend of Zelda titles
It's safe to say that The Legend of Zelda is an iconic franchise in gaming icon history, and one of its many iconic characters would be the iconic Great Deku Tree who first appeared in the iconic Ocarina of Time and has recurred many times since. However, being an icon in itself shouldn't be enough to get him included into Smash, but I have a bad feeling he's gonna make the cut if they want more Zelda representation. After all, I can't think of anyone else they could choose.

Rooted to the ground, this big tree can't even move, so he would probably appear in the middle of the stage and remain there for the entire match. How could other characters knock him off the stage, then? They can't, so he would probably have HP instead; he wouldn't be the first character to have a unique mechanic all to himself. For his moves, he could probably do things like poke sharp roots out of the ground at his enemies, as well as luring a foe into attempting to pull out the Master Sword from its stone, damaging them for being unworthy. If all four players chose Great Deku Tree, it will likely end in a stalemate.

Beep-O - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
This little round robot created by a nameless person serves as the guide in a crossover game nobody thought would work yet somehow did. Or did it? Yes it did. While I'm sure Ubisoft would love to have their most popular character in Smash, the problem is that it doesn't actually do anything except float around and make commentary on the Rabbids and other happenings. Then again, I think the moves learned for outside of battles are attributed to Beep-O, so perhaps it could have its ability to push blocks and pick up statues to drop on the heads of foes. I have a feeling that a plunger would also somehow be involved, so I guess it could also take over the role of plumber for the game.

Cappy - Super Mario Odyssey
With Mario almost guaranteed to be cut from the roster (at least I hope so...), this means Cappy won't be able to just be a move for Mario and will have to become his own character slot. After all, they should include characters from some newer games as opposed to just having a whole bunch of has-beens that everyone either doesn't remember or is too young to have played those old dusty games. What better newer title than the best-sellingest one on the Switch, which is destined to outsell every previous game that has ever existed.

As Cappy doesn't have enough going for him to create a full moveset, he would probably borrow some of the capture abilities from Super Mario Odyssey enemies. He could use something like the Uproot to jump, the Hammer Bro for projectiles, and of course, even the T-rex so that he could eat opponents, resulting in an instant KO. He could also have the ability to somehow throw himself at another player to "capture" them, and then take over controlling them for a bit, though if the character has some sort of headgear he'd have to knock it off first. If you're thinking this character sounds too powerful, pfft, that hasn't ever stopped them before.

The helper from Picross 3D - Picross 3D
I cannot recall if this thing has a name, but it's a little cube sort of thing with a face and some blocks missing which acted as the tutor for Picross 3D. Nintendo must also have some blocks missing from their own heads if they honestly think this would be a good character for Smash. As it doesn't seem to have any limbs, it would have to float around the stage, which would probably make it a lightweight character. I'm not really sure what sort of moves it could have since it doesn't actually do anything in Picross 3D, but I s'pose it could clutter the screen with tutorial text to use as a distraction. Perhaps its moves could work similar to Picross and place a grid over opponents, then try to chip away at each space, KOing the character once all squares are removed.

Monita - Nintendo Land
As a launch title and pack-in for Nintendo's greatest and most memorablest console ever, pretty much everyone is familiar with its affable host, Monita. Unfortunately, this means that the thing will likely be in Smash, seeing as how it's their most popular character in recent history. It's also a representative for a crossover game, so it would fit right at home in a different sort of crossover. Perhaps someday all these crossover games will be crossed over into the same crossover. Fingers crossed.

Luckily, it does have one hand, so it could at least have a few basic moves such as a punch. Its grapple would probably be kind of weak, though. Using its monitor, it could show a very bright image, causing more and more strain on the opponent's eyes the closer Monita gets. Incorporating the idea that Nintendo Land was twelve franchises in one, mayhap it could have a move pulled from each one of them, and its use would be determined by from which franchise is the stage being played, or the opponent(s). Its Final Smash would likely be displaying the sales numbers for Wii U on its screen, which causes the foe to become too depressed to continue the fight.

Creeper - Minecraft
Let's face it, a Minecraft rep is practically inevitable as a third-party character, given that it's close to becoming the single best-selling game of all time. While most people would think that Steve or Alex are the logical picks, a large portion of its audience probably isn't even aware those are the official names of the default character skins. No, when people think of Minecraft characters, the one which sticks out the most in our minds is amongst its numerous hostile mobs - and I'm not talking about Jean. (You know, Jean? The final boss?)

It stalks in the night. It doesn't burn up during day. It is silent, up until it is too late... of course it is the Creeper, unarguably the most dangerous enemy in the game. Seriously, quit arguing with me. Anyone who has played Minecraft longer than one in-game day probably has their own story to tell about this jerk, either disrupting their builds or destroying valuable items from its violent explosions caused by an inability to handle its anthropophobia. Unfortunately, this is all they can do, so in Smash they would likely have just the one move. While anyone caught in this massive blast would automatically suffer a KO, the Creeper, itself, would also be KO'd, never to return. As such, the best outcome this character could hope for would be a draw.

Prop C1 - Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2
The most popular sequels ever as part of everyone's most favoritest Pokémon generation of all time, Black 2 and White 2 contained a side mini-game of sorts which allowed the player's Pokémon to star in various types of short movies. As nearly all of the movies were on a green screen sort of stage and all effects and backdrops were added afterwards in editing, the opponents in the movies were nothing but square props that the player Pokémon would attack, with the appropriate creature being added in later on screen. As Smash has yet to add any reps from Generation V, Prop C1 seems like the most logical choice, being part of the most memorable section in the game.

Without getting into the large amounts of Pokémon characters already in Smash, this thing would be a bad idea in a tortilla even if it were the one and only Pokémon representative. As nothing but a square, it would have trouble moving around, though it did have varying stats depending on which Mon it was going to represent in the finished movie. That means it would probably be given a random moveset in each match, with not even the player knowing what it could do without trying it first. The only way to view the prop's true form would be to watch the replay of the match, where the actual Mon would be edited into the video.

And there you have it, some of the worst choices they could make.

If anyone is still wondering, this list is facetious and should not be taken seriously in any capacity.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2018, 02:32:39 PM »
This is good content.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2018, 03:57:31 PM »
Y’all are sleeping on Monita. Her attacks could literally be her just dropping Nintendoland rides on people. The entire thing.

Now I want to go play Nintendoland.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2018, 06:30:47 PM »
Great post mop it up!
I'm hoping they'll segue right from DragonBall Z Fighters into Smash, giving fanboys so much hope... Only to end with a Mii character dressed like Goku.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2018, 10:22:24 PM »
So this could be interesting.  So there's a leaker named Vergeben who a few weeks ago said he's heard in the next Smash Bros everyone from Wii U is returning as well as Snake and the Ice Climber.  But the big reveal is Ridley and Simon Belmont will be new characters.

Of course like most leakers he's not always 100% right and has been wrong about things in the past.  But apparently he's said his most trusted source has told him the Smash Bros news is real.  This same source also told him a sequel to J-Stars would be announced at E3 which just happened with Jump Force.  Apparently the same source says Star Fox Racing is true and Konami will reveal a new Castlevania along with a Castlevania Collection for the classic games as well.

So yeah, something to think about until Tuesday.  I would certainly go crazy seeing Ridley and Simon announced so I'd be happy if true.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2018, 11:00:15 PM »
I have only ever had a passing interest in the Castlevania series, with my favorite being Order of Ecclesia, so while I have no desire for a Belmont, I do think having a whip user would be pretty cool.

However, I highly doubt Ridley is getting in. I'd rather not set myself up for disappointment.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2018, 12:50:48 AM »
Getting snake back would be nice just to get Metal Gear Solid music and maybe the codecs in smash 5.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2018, 01:17:16 AM »
Bloodstained’s Miriam uses a whip. That way, Super Smash Bros. can have a whip user while still sticking it to Konami by not including a Belmont so an Igarashi character can be included instead. Also, we’d get another female character.

A Castlevania Collection would be mighty tempting though. Symphony of the Night plus the GBA and DS games would make me question #fuckKonami. Am I so willing to give up my convictions for a kick ass compilation?

I mean, probably.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2018, 03:15:01 PM »
Getting snake back would be nice just to get Metal Gear Solid music and maybe the codecs in smash 5.
But the Kid Icarus conversations are vastly superior.