Author Topic: The N64 - What did you think?  (Read 7441 times)

Offline HolyPaladin

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
The N64 - What did you think?
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2003, 08:41:22 AM »
Crap.  Double post.  Is it just me or does this server suck or something?  Nowhere else do I have to refresh every page I go to just to see it and continuously have to repost, not knowing whether or not it posted the first try.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

If whatever I just posted sounds rude/hateful/whatever then you probably read it wrong, but I will insert apology here, anyways, just in case.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: The N64 - What did you think?
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2003, 04:01:13 PM »

N64 had way better graphics than PSX did, no load time at all, and did not require memory cards, though strangely enough some developers chose to require it for their games,

Actually, Shadow Gate 64 had to load. No joke. Took a good 15 seconds. How's THAT for quality programming? And not only did some games require a memory card on the N64, but alot took well over half of it to save one game. That REALLY pissed me off. Turok took a good chunk out. FIFA took an entire freakin' card, Warzone took half. Bleh.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2003, 04:16:46 PM »
I never understood the whole memory card thing with the N64, the only thing I can think of is that Nintendo wanted to complete with Sony with the memory card thing.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2003, 04:25:32 PM »
I think originally, it was so 3rd party developers could 'lower' the cost of production because they didn't have to worry about an internal battery. That saving didn't pass onto the consumer though >_>

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2003, 06:04:24 PM »
Wipeout had load times.
My friend had it for his N64, and when it was laoding, i was like "what the heck is this? Is this a load time? What's a load time?"

and the game wasn't that great.

F-Zero x is bloody awesome.
But yeah, I don't see the point of buying now since F-Zero GX is coming.  Unless Nintendo put it in as a pre-order bonus! F-Zero an F-Zero 2 from SNES, and F-Zero X!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2003, 06:55:27 PM »
I'll reiterate:

MARIO FREAKIN' TENNIS
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2003, 07:12:48 PM »
yes yes yes.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2003, 01:13:38 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
I'll reiterate:

MARIO FREAKIN' TENNIS

He speaks the truth.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2003, 05:02:03 AM »
I have had much quality time playing Mario Golf.  I've always had a thing for golfing games, but alot of them just sucked.  Finnaly, a quality golfing title with MARIO!!!  

I just played Mario Golf  GC yesterday on a walmart demo yesterday, and i was disappointed.  Probably becasue I didn't read the control screen, but I had figured it out for the most part.  The swing meter was different than in the 64 version.  It goes up to (wherever on the meter you want) and then it doesn't come back down.  Instead, a seperate bar on the right starts moving, and i'm not sure wheather I had to press A to stop it becasue it said "automatic".  I'm guessing I didn't, but I did anyway.

But if course, it was probably from lack of practice.  There were good things too, like it said how far on the power meter to stop it, which made putting easier.

Sorry for my rambling about something off topic, so.... err....Mario Golf was good.  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2003, 09:50:10 AM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin

F-Zero x is bloody awesome.
But yeah, I don't see the point of buying now since F-Zero GX is coming.  Unless Nintendo put it in as a pre-order bonus! F-Zero an F-Zero 2 from SNES, and F-Zero X!

What is this about a F-Zero 2?  I don't remember an F-Zero 2 in the SNES, or anywhere else either.  All I can account for is, SNES, N64, GBA and now GCN.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?