Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1214657 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #3000 on: October 31, 2014, 05:03:06 PM »
Has Felicity been working out?  Her arms seem to be a bit more solid than before.  Maybe that's just me :P
I don't know in real life but it showed her starting to work out some because she was jealous of Mockingbird.

I've always thought that Felicity is attractive but, I don't really like that dress on her.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: October 31, 2014, 05:48:02 PM »
Has Felicity been working out?  Her arms seem to be a bit more solid than before.  Maybe that's just me :P
I don't know in real life but it showed her starting to work out some because she was jealous of Sara*.

Sorry, couldn't help myself :P

Yes I remember that, but it hasn't been shown or alluded to since.  I wonder if there are plans for Felicity in the pipeline somewhere.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: November 02, 2014, 12:55:12 AM »
John Wick is pretty good. Best action movie to come out of Hollywood since Dredd.

The most brutal bit of action in the entire movie is a short and simple fall off of a balcony, but the impact was just hard floor making contact with a back. Made me wince.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: November 03, 2014, 05:41:35 PM »
Ridley Scott is making a follow-up miniseries to 2001: A Space Odyssey for SyFy.

It's apparently going to be based on the final of the four books in the series by Arthur C. Clarke, and as someone who's read that book, let me assure you that this can't possibly go well. This is going to **** all over one of the greatest movies of all time.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: November 03, 2014, 05:57:09 PM »
By Deus! Not a fan of Frank Poole, are you?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3005 on: November 04, 2014, 09:46:28 PM »
I finally watched an episode of Gotham.  I watched the last aired episode.  I was quite impressed. 

1) The writing was such even missing 3 episodes I could enjoy the show. 
2) The story wasn't too focused on Batman or Bruce Wayne, but Gotham, and how Gotham got so corrupt.  This can't be a pretty story, because this city is supposed to be so bad, Bruce has to become Batman and clean up the system outside the law.
3)  I love the angle of Mob bosses and police sorta having a truce to keep from utter chaos.  And I love the idea of an honest man trying to figure out the system, but not corrupt himself.
4) Finally, focusing on the villains is a great way to keep this "Batman" like but never have to be pressured to push the Wayne story too much.  Batman's villains are interesting...keep developing them.

My only complaints are some bad acting, and the tone is maybe too dark.  They also may be advancing the story too quickly.  Hopefully, they slow down some.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: November 04, 2014, 10:11:19 PM »
Well, they didn't know if they would be getting that second season, and even if they did, they originally only had a 13 episode order. So brisk story telling to finish up whatever arc they had for the first 13 (which they are supposedly filming now) and now they have a back 9-10 to write and shoot too.
Everyone is taking a page from the Arrow book, and keep the story moving. There is a lot to cover, and realistically, they aren't going to get 1 season for every year up until Batman shows up, so they may as well make it as interesting as possible now. But I'm hoping they at least have a 3 season plan outlined.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3007 on: November 04, 2014, 10:55:18 PM »
BlackandMild:  The Arrow model is actually really good.  If you go to series, go balls to the wall and tell your story.  Do take the time to develop the relationships, but don't waste time on needless episodes that don't advance story or characters.  Arrow season 2 is one of the best paced seasons of television I have ever watched. 

That said, I can see this show slowing down after the first arc, and spend some time with the corrupt little playground.  I would love a police and crime drama set with over the top villains and characters scheming against each other, while you see a young Bruce Wayne see his town and world fall apart, and deciding he can't do anything now, but he can study...he can learn, and he can be a safe house for good honest people.  That too me is a cool show.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: November 05, 2014, 12:42:21 AM »
I'm excited to see where Gotham goes. Loving the Penguin character. I think he may end up being the star of the show when all is said and done. And really, he is the best character to set the story around as he is the one who best bridges the gap between the common mob criminals and the over-the-top villains Batman battles. Less focus on Bruce though, please. Let him have his little arc involving his parents death and then let him take the back burner with a cameo here and there.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: November 05, 2014, 12:48:46 AM »
The funny thing is that Gotham has firmly cemented Arrow into the #4 spot of comic shows during the week, and is even creepin on The Flash right now.

AoS>TheFlash>Gotham>>Arrow>>>>Constantine (only seen the leaked pilot. wasn't really feeling it)

I wouldn't mind if they had more sub plots of scheming and scamming between mobsters. Blind-eye "with the program" cops, and shifty bought out politicians amongst all the slowly built up villians of on the show (such as The Penguin, and Zsasz). But it should all stay on pace and keep pushing whatever the story is forward. Last thing I want is long drawn out relationships and drama's that keep getting extended because they are delaying a certain event until the season is over. If that's the case, just make less episodes or tell the story in arcs that focus on certain people and match it all up in the end. They already need to do something with Selena as her just catting around for no apparent reason in most episodes is just stupid. She is just there because...they had a specific episode count in her contract? what is her deal?

I really hope they plotted out material for this season, and the next 2 potential seasons, so that they have no need to hold back.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: November 05, 2014, 01:39:29 AM »
I have to say, this week's episode of Gotham made watching through the ones before it worth while.

I still don't like Penguin.  I'm not sure if he's a bad actor or if his character is just that poorly written, but I don't like him.  Over-the-top and out of place amongst everyone else.  The whole scene where He begs for Gordon to be the one to kill him... guh.

But, aside from that, I liked it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3011 on: November 05, 2014, 01:56:04 AM »
I think they are trying to show that he uses his weakness or appeared weakness to his strength.  The Penguin was and is always a character that always seems to get his way and carefully schemes even though he always appears to be the underdog and worthless. 

He may be written and acted over the top, but he is more compelling than Fish.  Which they are setting her up to become something important...but I just want her to die.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: November 05, 2014, 03:42:54 AM »
I think the underlying issue with the show is that its got far too many characters - both primary and recurring - and the result is the story ultimately suffers.

The show has achieved (and "achieved" in this case isn't positive) in 7 episodes what Person of Interest has done in 4 seasons - multiple groups with multiple opposing aims and objectives and even sub-objectives.

Fish is dressed, and acted, like a constantly angry hyper lesbian. Her face looks like she's about to chew the scenery and is constantly on this barely-angry thing that never settles.

Cat, The Mayor and Barbara can all be removed from the episodes shown entirely - and their absence won't make any difference to how they functioned.

Penguin is the only character where the actor is trying to make his character unique. In fact he feels like the only actor where the casting was nailed completely perfectly - everybody else, except for Bullock, i'd change. If he was older, I'd replace Bruce with the guy who played Ethan in Extant, for one.

That little kid is the best child actor i've ever seen.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: November 05, 2014, 05:11:06 AM »
Wut!?

Fish is chewing the scenery in every scene and it's fucking great. Did you read the story about how Jada auditioned for the part? She sold the show on how the character should be. I wouldn't change a thing about her character.

Penguin is good so far too. His awkward, "please underestimate me" approach perfectly portrayed, and the big twist of triple agent on his rise to underground crime boss is being handled pretty well.

Bullock I was pretty indifferent about until the last 2. I liked him, but his character has really shined these last few episodes.

Gordon made an impact in this most recent episode, and same with Bruce.

Selena has almost no purpose up to this point. Barbara has done nothing but been a distraction, regardless of her role of stupid female that won't trust her husband enough to do as he request, so now she is somewhere she shouldn't be, and disrupting plans by become a split focus from the goal at hand. Even though it kinda worked into Gordon's favor this time, as it stopped him from trying to execute his suicide mission, it was still stupid on her part.

The Mayor is just like every other person of "power" in the show. A puppet for the mob and money interest of Gotham. He plays his part just like the entirety of GCPD (minus Gordon) at showing just how bad the corruption is and how powerless everyone is towards changing the status quo.

The only thing I would change right now is less Selena, or atleast make her sulking in the background, more in the background. Otherwise I think the show has been handling things just fine and I look forward to seeing how they continue to handle all these things and further develop the stories they've already set in motion.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: November 05, 2014, 06:53:51 AM »
My issue is that how many of those characters (i mean physically) have a purpose? The mayor in the most recent episode was only there so he could be kidnapped, and as soon as Falcone mentioned murder he left and wasn't seen again.

Plot wise i understand, but production wise it's a waste of all the talent thats on hand.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: November 05, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »
His physical presence was to get them in to see Falcone and show that the politicians, the mayor in particular, are cowards and firmly in the pockets of the mob. W/o the Mayor, they would never even have made it past the front gate guards undetected.

« Reply #3016 on: November 05, 2014, 03:07:10 PM »
I am loving Gotham, as you can tell enough I changed my avatar to show. Penguin is stealing the show, and I like that he was always one of my top three favorite Batman villains, Riddler is number 2 and Harley Quinn is number three. I like the character 2 face but they never, EVER get him right in the movies so I am not sure how they will handle him in this but its likely he won't even be a factor because Batman "creates" him so no Batman no 2 Face.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: November 05, 2014, 04:25:46 PM »
Harvey Dent will probably make an appearance at some stage though.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: November 05, 2014, 08:03:21 PM »
Gotham should last 3-7 seasons and then they should launch a new live Batman series set in the same universe. I almost hope they keep Gotham separate from any of the other CD "verses" because it feels like such a distinctly separate entity.

That and I don't trust DC to not ruin their quality TV shows in a feeble attempt to cobble together their own cinematic universe like Marvel did.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: November 05, 2014, 10:02:26 PM »
The multi-verse will come. Just wait and see. Grand crossover tie-in event with The Flash movie and the Arrow-verse.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: November 06, 2014, 03:10:28 AM »
His physical presence was to get them in to see Falcone and show that the politicians, the mayor in particular, are cowards and firmly in the pockets of the mob. W/o the Mayor, they would never even have made it past the front gate guards undetected.

But that's all driven by plot - otherwise it's a waste of the actors talent to have such short scenes. The mayor himself, for example, hasn't been expanded upon so him to only be used for such a small scene basically highlights the issue with so many of the characters

If they thin the herd significantly and focus on a smaller group of characters more frequently we'll get somewhere - but as it stands we got a few lines with Fish and then the next time she appears she's mute and staring yes i realise its about the "silent conversation" with Penguin, but to me it's a waste of Jada and the acting we know she can do.

Case in point, i suggest you watch Orphan Black, there's only 20 episodes so far of it, but the main actress carries the entire show by playing ELEVEN characters - even while acting against herself as a different character. I want to watch the show and feel like each of the characters are distinct and unique, and in Gotham they're not. (yet?)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: November 06, 2014, 04:12:43 AM »
Oh, I am all caught up with Orphan Black, and what she does with all those characters (outisde of the male one) is absolutely amazing. I don't know if she has been nominated for anything, but she deserves it pulling it off so consistently. You can even tell when one character is trying to pretend to be another character, that's how distinct she has each character defined.

But that is a whole different kind of show. Gotham is a purposely a little over the top in it's portrayals of certain characters, and even though some characters could be fleshed out a little more, they have lots of episodes left and need to keep the story moving, so there is time to fit it all in when it fits.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: November 06, 2014, 07:33:29 PM »
I like the character 2 face but they never, EVER get him right in the movies so I am not sure how they will handle him in this but its likely he won't even be a factor because Batman "creates" him so no Batman no 2 Face.

Enter Harvey Dent

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/05/gotham-harvey-dent-photos/?adbid=530502441360703490&adbpl=tw&adbpr=1948294874&cmpid=social_gen_Gotham_20141106_35142137

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3023 on: November 06, 2014, 08:46:06 PM »
Batman doesn't create Two Face.  The mob does.  Harvey is a DA that partners with Batman and Commissioner Gordon to take out the mob no matter the cost.  He has perfect evidence goes to trial and the mob attack him in the court.  His "witness" betrays him on the stand...and everyone gets away with it.  Harvey Dent is scarred for life.  He realizes that justice is a joke when everybody can be bought, and he slowly goes insane.  In many, versions this darkness was always a part of him but suppressed. 

This story can easily be told without Batman.  You can also, show Harvey Dent struggling with justice and his dark side for years.  I really enjoyed the Dark Knight version of him...where he made his own luck with a 2 headed coin.  It showed he already had an idea to cheat, but did it for justice. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: November 07, 2014, 11:26:15 PM »
Jared Leto could be being looked at for The Joker in Suicide Squad.
http://www.thewrap.com/jared-leto-eyed-to-play-the-joker-in-wbs-suicide-squad-exclusive/

DC is apparently breaking the bank to draw as many large names as possible to these projects when possible...
Tom Hardy, Will Smith and Margot Robbie are in various stages of discussions to star in “Suicide Squad,” which David Ayer is directing and Charles Roven is producing. Jesse Eisenberg is also expected to reprise his role as Superman's mortal foe Lex Luthor, though no casting is confirmed at this time.
I guess there is nothing wrong with taking the MS route into gaming consoles cinematic universes, if you can afford it. Hope it pays off for them.