Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755376 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #2000 on: February 25, 2017, 09:58:45 PM »
I just sank $600 into buying the rest of what I need for my PC after getting a $400 GPU for christmas, so... after I finish building this beast, I have quite a bit of gaming to do of games I got but my PC couldn't handle before it died.

I'd love get a basic gaming PC but would be building from scratch and am concerned about costs. Posts like this terrify me.

What will you be playing on that beast once it's fully operational?
NNID: ejamer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: February 26, 2017, 04:17:48 PM »

Please tell me you didn't trade in Radiant Dawn for less that $100. That is a super rare game that you could probably sell on eBay for a lot of cash. If you did this at Gamestop I guarantee you got ripped off and should run back and reverse the trade, last I checked you could do that a short bit after doing the trade.

Also heard Dokapon Kingdom is also rather hard to come by.

Deal was $200 CAD+Pokemon for the four Wii games. Definitely not max value for me, but I have my reasons - only paid $50 CAD for all games combined back in the day, was happy to hang out with a friendly local gamer and give him a bit of a deal, and prefer cash in my pocket to the hassle of online sales.

Dokapon Kingdom is probably the only game I feel bad about selling. It's kind of awesome. Wii has lots of party games, but nothing else quite the same.

Fire Emblem is fantastic, but with so many games from the series now coming out I'm never going back to replay it. If there weren't so many 3DS games getting released I would have had a harder time letting go.

Shiren and Castle are both fine games... but my backlog is stuffed to the brim with fine games. Still considering getting the Vita Shiren as replacement (it's cheaper than what I sold the Wii game for) but will probably pass.

Considering that price and your circumstances (selling it to someone who will appreciate it) then it isn't as big of a deal. I was worried you sold it to Gamestop for like $20.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: February 26, 2017, 06:01:34 PM »
I just sank $600 into buying the rest of what I need for my PC after getting a $400 GPU for christmas, so... after I finish building this beast, I have quite a bit of gaming to do of games I got but my PC couldn't handle before it died.

I'd love get a basic gaming PC but would be building from scratch and am concerned about costs. Posts like this terrify me.

What will you be playing on that beast once it's fully operational?

Several things.

Starbound 1.0 came out and I really wanted to play that

Another Metroid 2 Remake

Pokemon Uranium

Super Mario 64: The Last Impact

Sonic Utopia

Green Hill Paradise Act 2

Mega Man 2.5D

And that's not counting stuff my old PC struggled running like...

Overwatch

Strider

Killer Instinct

Doom

Eventually I wanna get an HTC Vive and do VR stuff with this since I'm more likely to get a VR Headset than a 4k TV to take advantage of all the power I'll have available.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: February 26, 2017, 07:20:37 PM »
I watched a playthrough of Pokemon Uranium and I'm going to tell you one thing that will hopefully save you the misery of playing the game.

You don't get Fly until after the 8th gym.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: February 27, 2017, 03:46:07 AM »
I watched a playthrough of Pokemon Uranium and I'm going to tell you one thing that will hopefully save you the misery of playing the game.

You don't get Fly until after the 8th gym.

yeah, I haven't found a Pokemon Fangame I've liked yet. Romhacks are especially not super great. I kinda enjoy Pokemon's cakewalk difficulty

Oh, that's another game i really wanna play a bunch when I get my PC back... I got a copy of Eschatos on Steam, and that game is pretty darned fun. I mean, I like it better than Mushahimesama Futari as far as Cave shooters go.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: February 27, 2017, 04:06:54 PM »
Felt kind of bad getting rid of Dokapon Kingdom, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Shiren the Wanderer, and Castle of Shikigami III... but slimming down my Wii collection a little bit won't hurt and the pricing was fair (I think) for both sides.
But but but but you're supposed to be my Wii buddy on here! :/

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: February 27, 2017, 09:27:27 PM »
Felt kind of bad getting rid of Dokapon Kingdom, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Shiren the Wanderer, and Castle of Shikigami III... but slimming down my Wii collection a little bit won't hurt and the pricing was fair (I think) for both sides.
But but but but you're supposed to be my Wii buddy on here! :/

I'll always be your buddy, and Backloggery lists me at 202 Wii games... can I still be in the club?  You'll let me come over and play Dokapon sometime right?

Seriously, I think Wii is my favorite system ever.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2007 on: February 27, 2017, 10:07:36 PM »
We're at 114 retail ourselves.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: February 27, 2017, 10:27:02 PM »
WHO DARES GET RID OF DOKAPON KINGDOM?
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: February 28, 2017, 12:22:35 AM »
I need new friend in life. Finding people who can appreciate a competitive game of Dokapon are hard to come by.
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: February 28, 2017, 07:19:31 AM »
I need new friend in life. Finding people who can appreciate a competitive game of Dokapon are hard to come by.

It's a hard sell. The game is very long for a party game, and doesn't seem all that exciting when you first start playing as player options on a single turn are limited. But if your friends commit to a full game, they'll learn that it gets better (and nastier) the longer you play. By the end, griefing knows no bounds and the game is truly hilarious.

Or maybe that was just how it went here, and the games you guys played were friendly matches?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: March 06, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »
Bought some new games for the backlog:
* Mega Man Legacy Collection (3DS) - big fan of the series and have had my eye on this one for a while
* Legend of Hereoes: Trails of Cold Steel (Vita/PSTV) - keen to pick up some Vita RPGs while they are still available/affordable; already own the second game, so grabbing the first one and Odin Sphere (currently on backorder) were at the top of my list; will be a while before it arrives though
* Skylanders: Superchargers (Wii U) - picked up for my little guy who is having a birthday this month; great series to play with kids and this will probably see play much sooner than the others

Oh, hey! If the tracking it trust-worthy, my copy of Breath of the Wild (Wii U) is finally going to arrive today. Has anyone heard if it's a good game?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:21:11 PM by ejamer »

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2012 on: March 07, 2017, 01:32:47 PM »
We downloaded FAST RMX and Snipperclips. :)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: March 10, 2017, 02:19:12 PM »
(2) The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (Vita) - Couldn't turn down a relatively cheap, used physical copy of this game. Like the series well enough and Vita games are becoming harder to track down. There are still a few on my "really want" list... but this purchase makes that list one game shorter.

And today, the first game from the Trails of Cold Steel series arrived. Much sooner than I had expected.  ;D

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (Vita) is now happily on my shelf, sharing it's lovely Lionheart deluxe box with the first game. Was delighted to grab a fresh copy off Amazon.ca for $30 CAD, which seemed pretty reasonable all things considered. It's a shame that the third entry is planned to be a PS4 exclusive.

Only Odin Sphere remains from the list of Vita games that I really want to own before they disappear.
It's been a very good couple of weeks for new games arriving... now to get back to playing.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:21:39 PM by ejamer »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: March 19, 2017, 02:27:08 AM »
Since the launch of the Switch, I have bought the following:

Wii U

Sonic Lost World
Game & Wario
NES Remix Pack
Just Dance 2015
Just Dance 2016
Just Dance 2017

3DS

Virtue's Last Reward
Zero Time Dilemma
Pokémon Sun
Pokémon Moon
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of a Forgotten Past
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins

All of this has still cost me less than buying a Switch. Normally, I wouldn't have bought so much at one time but the Gamestop equivalent of Canada has had a special sale going on since March 3 that is running until April 2 which is that if you buy 2 used games then you get the 3rd one free. Used games are cheaper than brand new copies plus if you have a high enough membership card, you can get a bit more of the price. If I take the price of 2 games and divide it over the three, it makes for a price point I would gladly take if they were sold at that cost individually. The highest price labelled for the games (and majority labelled price for the games) I bought is $35.99. 2 games at that price with tax is just over $80 but when I take that total and divide it over 3 games, that comes to about $26.87 with tax per game which is about 50% off the normal price as most of these games are retailing at $49.99 CAD and that's before tax. The only thing is that I have to buy a bunch of games at once to take advantage of the price compared to if it was just a 50% off sale for one or two titles. However, having not really purchased a lot of games the past couple years because of the rising price of games, (3DS games used to sell around the $35.00 mark with some games $5.00 above or below that depending on the title) I'd held off on buying stuff until a found a price point I was happy with. Being able to now reach this price point, I've begun taking advantage of it. It's probably helped that with the launch of the Switch, some people have traded in newer games or at least good copies of them so that I've been able to pick up some of the newer released titles at a good price.

Ironically, the one 3DS game I probably most want has been one I've yet to see used anywhere despite checking 7 EBGames stores in my local and surrounding area and that is Kirby: Planet Robobot. I'm also ticked I missed Best Buy's discount of Paper Jam for $14.97 which is a killer good price. Likewise, there have been no copies of Paper Jam for me to pick up in this deal yet either.

Anyways, thought I'd bring this up in case others have the means to take advantage of it as I think it is worth it. The only problem can be when you can find 2 games you want but can't really find a 3rd. I wasn't really interested in Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins and only picked it up because the store I was in couldn't find the copy of Mario and Sonic at the 2014 Sochi Olympics despite having the case on the shelf. It was the only thing priced right with the other games I was buying and that I thought might have been ok reviewed (it did become a Nintendo select title) to purchase aside from getting something I already owned and trying to sell off the extra copy later. At this point, my last dream find would be a store that has Planet Robobot, Paper Jam and Story of Seasons although I'd be willing to consider Mario Party: Star Rush, some other Harvest Moon titles, Hatsune Miku Project, or even remakes like Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World.

At this point, for the Wii U, I think the only titles I'm still looking to buy are:

Ducktales Remastered
Pokken Tournament
Super Mario Maker
(depends on price because I still wonder how long online services will last and then one can no longer play other people's creations)

The following are games I'd be open to buying but not worried if it doesn't happen since I clearly have more than enough to play from these recent purchases:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics 2014 and/or 2016 (Haven't played any of the M&SatO games but Phil and I think Mop it up seem to be fairly positive about them so I'd be willing to give them a try)

Twilight Princess HD (my initial thought was pass on this title since I have the GC version and I just didn't see myself ever revisiting this game but BotW has me re-energized in Zelda that I'm now curious to try this again with a game in the height of the old style of dungeon and Zelda design but I still might pass since I've got the GC version to replay if I need to)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (ShyGuy seemed impressed by it back in the day if I recall. Can't say it interests me too much but it look nice and it's a different type of game than I normally play)

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (why not? I hear it's only medicore and not outright terrible like other Sonic games. As well, I hear and think it doesn't take long to beat so I may not have to make it sit long in my backlog. Sometimes it's nice to have a simple game to quickly complete.)

Sonic All-Star Racing (I hear it's actually good and was the Kart racing game of choice before MK8 took over that title as expected.)

Lego Batman 3 (I bought the 2nd one of Wii U because it was under $10 despite not owning the first. Haven't played it to know what the quality is like but it's almost at the same price point being around $13.00)

Epic Mickey 2 (I know this didn't get good reviews when it came out at the start of the Wii U's life span and the Epic Mickey franchise since died after 2 middling games but part of me is still intrigued by the property to pick it up anyways at a low cost despite not playing the first)

Splatoon (That's right. Lumped with all these other games is Splatoon. I really don't play Shooter/combat type games that this is styled off of nor am I much of an online gamer. With those 2 factors along with the fact that the single player mode is relatively short means I'm unsure I'd really like this title. And with Splatoon 2 soon releasing on Switch, it could be the more Splatoon players carry on playing it there making the Wii U version and online crowd more obsolete. Probably not going to happen at this point)

If anyone wants to chime in on whether something is worth buying or skipping on these Wii U titles, I'm open to hearing about it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 03:23:18 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: March 19, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »
Quite a haul Khushrenada! I didn't know you were so into dancing. Why both Sun and Moon? Did you have no other choice for a third game or something?

In case you were wondering, if you buy the Revelations DLC for Fire Emblem Fates, you can play it through both Birthright and Conquest without having to buy it twice.

"New Remix Pack" is supposed to be "NES"?

I think the M&S Olympics games have some fun minigames in them, but like most party games they're best suited for multiplayer. I haven't tried the 2016 version yet, but the 2014 winter one was kind of disappointing since it didn't really add much and some games were questionable.

Epic Mickey 2... I tried playing that with my sister and she really hates it. There's a lot of chatting going on which eventually amounts to various fetch quests before even entering a level. The controls and mechanics are also pretty rough. And if you don't have a second player, Oswald is a terrible companion. More than your money, save your time.

I personally think Splatoon is not worth it just for single player, even though it can be fun. It's hard to say how much longer the community will last though; I last played it back in January, and though rooms did still fill up, I could feel that the player base has dwindled over the year I played it. Probably too late for a new player to get into it.

I hope you do get Super Mario Maker though, I've got a whole game's worth of stages for you to try!

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: March 19, 2017, 02:30:48 PM »
Sonic Racing has a very small demo of it on the eShop, it's quite competent. Faster than Mario Kart, looks great and if you have a bit of affinity for the Sega brands you'll likely smile at the inclusion of a Golden Axe stage and such. It also handles single-player MUCH better than Mario Kart, by actually giving you missions that vary (gasp!). Tracks tend to change every lap or two and I like that the boats don't slow you down much, unlike Mario Kart 7 and it's dull underwater sections.

THAT SAID, the online has been dead for years and you should really really really test this one thoroughly immediately. It was utterly broken on release so they patched it, but I've ran into so many bizarre issues with it on disc! It would only work with the Sonic characters and Wreck It Ralph, but not with Ai-Ai from super monkey ball. The samba de amigo track would just freeze the console every time in the third lap but only when using the Crazy Taxi driver. Sometimes it wouldn't move past a loading screen and just stay there forever. I ended up returning it. Probably a disc issue (I bought mine used), but just a heads up I guess. Fwiw it's also on PC with more characters and actual online players.

Splatoon is good, there's still a lot of online players but with the sequel launching within a month I wonder how long that'll last? The single player is rather perfunctory, it's nice that it's there but has serious issues. One of them being invisible level entrances, nothing is more infuriating than trudging over the hubworld looking for the last stupid level entrance they hid up some tower. Final boss fight is truly crazy though which may make the campaign worth it. Took me like 20 tries.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: March 19, 2017, 02:43:45 PM »
No offense, but I hope that was a problem with your disc. I have a copy of that Sonic racing game that I haven't opened yet, so I hope I don't have issues with it when I go to play it... if I go to play it...

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: March 19, 2017, 02:57:59 PM »
No offense, but I hope that was a problem with your disc. I have a copy of that Sonic racing game that I haven't opened yet, so I hope I don't have issues with it when I go to play it... if I go to play it...

Yeah most likely was; the disc looked fine, but Wii U's are known for being kinda picky about what discs they will/won't read. Certainly can't have been a widespread issue or we would've heard more about it in the early years of the system, and I tried the demo later to compare and that had no issues moving past loadtimes. (Couldn't replicate the other problems since the demo only has Sonic characters and no Samba de Amigo stages).

You should open your copy sometime and give it a spin! It's an easy game to pick up, as well as put down if something else is keeping your attention, and above all just pretty fun racing.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: March 21, 2017, 01:42:00 AM »
Quite a haul Khushrenada! I didn't know you were so into dancing. Why both Sun and Moon? Did you have no other choice for a third game or something?

I'm surprised. I've made mention of it a few times and have mentioned being a fan of the series for a few years now. Kairon and I have discussed it a bit as well although maybe our big Dance conversation happened in chat during the Switch presentation now that I think about it. He's a bigger fan than I and plays it regularly but I just pop it in once in awhile. I've become a big fan of dancing over the past decade when I started watching movie musicals of the 30s - 60s and appreciating the hip-hop and breakdance styles of today and what might be considered lesser films like Step Up. Dancing is fun to me. Although one can try and dance seriously like in ballet or other styles, to me, dancing comes from a more happy and joyous place and that's the only time I feel like dancing or want to dance. Just Dance taps into that place of lighthearted mirth. You may not really be able to use the moves or choreography outside of the games but I enjoy playing along with it. If you can find some people that aren't too uptight and willing to look silly, it can make for a really great party atmosphere too as you struggle to keep up with a brand new dance routine suddenly being introduced to you and you don't know what kinds of moves it will ask you to perform.

As for both Sun and Moon, I've always bought both Pokémon versions of a game from FireRed and LeafGreen on. The plan was to trade with myself to acquire all Pokémon as I play through the games but aside from getting through the first 2 gyms in LeafGreen, I've never really touched any of the Pokémon games I own. But their resale value has always stayed high no matter which version or year so if I ever get around to playing through the series and want to lose the extra copies of a version, I could always do so and come out even or better.

In case you were wondering, if you buy the Revelations DLC for Fire Emblem Fates, you can play it through both Birthright and Conquest without having to buy it twice.

Cool. I haven't looked into that yet since I need to clear some space on my 3DS SD Card which is nearly full but my understanding was that it was just a one time purchase.

"New Remix Pack" is supposed to be "NES"?

You are correct and I have adjusted the post to reflect that.

I think the M&S Olympics games have some fun minigames in them, but like most party games they're best suited for multiplayer. I haven't tried the 2016 version yet, but the 2014 winter one was kind of disappointing since it didn't really add much and some games were questionable.

I guess with the lack of Mario Party on consoles these days, the idea of these Olympic games as a competitive minigame collection has now seemed like a possibility to fill that void that didn't seem necessary before. I'm just not a big sports fan and have hardly bothered with sports video games. Even with the various Mario sports titles, there are plenty I don't own or have just recently gotten around to buying just to complete my collection wishlist of a console. For instance Mario Baseball and Soccer I just got around to buying for GC in December last year and I still don't even own the Wii versions of those sports titles nor do I have Mario Tennis for either system. That may be part of the reason I've never considered the Olympic game stuff before but now I'm wondering if I'm missing out on something and its worth trying since they keep making them like the Just Dance series so there is some sort of appeal there.

Epic Mickey 2... I tried playing that with my sister and she really hates it. There's a lot of chatting going on which eventually amounts to various fetch quests before even entering a level. The controls and mechanics are also pretty rough. And if you don't have a second player, Oswald is a terrible companion. More than your money, save your time.

Ooof. Sounds like I will probably skip this title then.

I personally think Splatoon is not worth it just for single player, even though it can be fun. It's hard to say how much longer the community will last though; I last played it back in January, and though rooms did still fill up, I could feel that the player base has dwindled over the year I played it. Probably too late for a new player to get into it.

Yeah and based on Steefosaurus's comments, even though he thinks the single player is worth it, I'm probably never going to get around to bothering with this game (at least for Wii U). I mean, I'm a person that mainly plays Smash Bros in single player and hardly deals with multiplayer or online for it but at least those games have a lot of content to keep my occupied as a single player and I just don't think Splatoon has enough to be worth a single player focus.

I hope you do get Super Mario Maker though, I've got a whole game's worth of stages for you to try!

When I pick it up, I plan on playing through your stages and seeing what you've got Miss Mop it up. After seeing all your Miiverse advertising, I want to know what all the fuss is about.

In addition, from this list here, you'll see that I know have Triforce Heroes and Federation Force. After telling me I need to get more co-op games and do more online multiplayer, here's the chance to help me do just that. I'd like to spend some more time getting through Breath of the Wild but maybe next month we could see about getting together with other NWR crew, like Phil who's been trying to get more meet-ups started on these forums, and start tackling some of these titles. My preference to start would be Federation Force because I wonder how long Nintendo will keep its servers going with its low sales and upcoming Switch online plans. You interested?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: March 21, 2017, 03:55:41 AM »
I'm game for Triforce Heroes. I still need to pick up Federation Force, so I'll do that this Spring/Summer to play with you guys as well...so long as Breath of the Wild lets me come up for air. That game is really keeping me hooked. Only other game that has been able to tear me away is my custom hack of FE6 as I have begun dabbling in rom hacks.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: March 21, 2017, 01:08:36 PM »
I know. Last night, I turned on BotW even though I only had about an hour to play. (Minor spoilers ahead with the names of some places and a character.) I was thinking of not bothering but then thought an hour progress still helps chip away at things. So, I was exploring around a region on foot that I'm trying to finish fully searching and taking care of that. Nothing too exciting at this point. But then a Blood Moon happens and for once I've been wanting that because it is a requirement for an event I learned up. Went to the event and did that. Was wondering what else I wanted to do at that point since the location reminded me of a couple other things I've been meaning to investigate. My hour was up but I decided to go one more hour to do a couple things that were now on my mind. The first thing was to go back to an area I was pretty sure should have a memory zone that I had seen before. Sure enough, I found it but those things are tricky. I was turning my camera around to make sure I wasn't missing it but after walking a bit closer to its zone it finally appeared. You've clearly got to be in just the right area for those to appear.

At this point, I thought it was time to finally meet Prince Sidon and start meeting the Zora and get that ball rolling. So, I warped to the tower I knew he was close to but from the top of it, I was reminded of a shrine really close by. Thus I jumped/glided to it and just activated it to get it on my map as a warp point for now. I was about to head over to Sidon when I saw a traveler running in the opposite direction so went to quickly talk with them first. By the traveler was a signpost indicating Zora's Domain one way and Akkala the other. Well, I've been wanting to get to Akkala for some time now and I had seen another shrine in the distance there so off I went in that direction. I found more shrines and stables (always checking them now in case Inventory Expansion Korok is hanging out nearby again) and more enemies. My second hour was up so then I was doing a 15 more minutes promise to my self. Saw a shooting star crash and had to head back to get my first star fragment. Went in some wrong directions to explore other things I could see. Found the Last Great Fairy. Got on track a bit and found some of the things I was looking for and then went off in a couple other directions to see if I could locate a couple other things I was now instructed about and had learned about from other users in the Zelda thread. Knew I was close to another memory so I found that leaving just 2 images to still track down (and I have an idea where they both are likely at) and finally told myself that was a good stopping point for today. That's how I ended up going to bed at 2:20 AM last night. It's so hard for me to just have a small play session with this game because it just keeps you moving with things to do and find.

I've still got to go back to the area I began with to finish searching through some of its land for treasure chests, enemy posts to conquer, Korok seeds to find and a possible hidden shrine or two. I've got about 12 shrines on my map right now I need to actually play but just activated as warp points with the idea to give me fast travel to that area so I could do some more exploring later. I've still got to meet Prince Sidon and start up the Zora storyline and Dungeon. And I've now got Akkala to explore around in some more and do stuff. Plus, there's plenty of other areas I'm meaning to get back to finish exploring and other areas I've yet to explore and want to. So, yeah, Breath of the Wild is still going to be capturing my gaming time for the foreseeable future as well. No rush to get Federation Force just yet but it would be great if you could join in when we find a time to start playing it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: March 21, 2017, 02:13:37 PM »
Its funny, because that is what I am struggling with, and yet this Zelda is one of the easiest to jump in and out of playing with the instant freeze/sleep mode for the system. But there is so much to do you just get wrapped in with that "one more turn" mentality. Only it is "one more ridge/hill/rock/other-interesting-object".

I've been practicing hunting Guardians without the ancient arrows since they are so expensive. Bomb arrows are a fair alternative, but still cost a pretty penny. I'm hoping that farming a bunch of guardian parts will mean I can sell some off for cash for the ancient armor/weapons/arrows available in Akkala. I love the ancient bow.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: March 23, 2017, 08:47:10 PM »
I'm surprised. I've made mention of it a few times and have mentioned being a fan of the series for a few years now.
Well excuse me princess, but I don't remember every little thing like some users on here do (or at least claim to). I know you've talked about the Rock Band games before and such like that, so I guess it makes sense you'd also like dancing games if you like music games, but I didn't remember about the dance games. Maybe I just glossed over that part.

I guess with the lack of Mario Party on consoles these days, the idea of these Olympic games as a competitive minigame collection has now seemed like a possibility to fill that void that didn't seem necessary before.
I dunno if you have / tried Mario Party 10, but I still think it's better than the 2014 M&S Olympics game. Some people might disagree with that though, and MP10 isn't anything special either.

When I pick it up, I plan on playing through your stages and seeing what you've got Miss Mop it up. After seeing all your Miiverse advertising, I want to know what all the fuss is about.
To be fair, it isn't intentional advertising. When a level is uploaded, it automatically creates a Miiverse post as well, to contain any comments made for the level. There's no way to disable this posting.

In addition, from this list here, you'll see that I know have Triforce Heroes and Federation Force. After telling me I need to get more co-op games and do more online multiplayer, here's the chance to help me do just that. I'd like to spend some more time getting through Breath of the Wild but maybe next month we could see about getting together with other NWR crew, like Phil who's been trying to get more meet-ups started on these forums, and start tackling some of these titles. My preference to start would be Federation Force because I wonder how long Nintendo will keep its servers going with its low sales and upcoming Switch online plans. You interested?
Yeah, I was gonna comment on those but thought maybe this isn't the thread for that since it could get derailed. As I understand it, Nintendo's games don't have individual severs, they all run off the same ones so individual games shouldn't get shut down due to low popularity. This is how it worked on Wii and DS, and even old, unpopular games still had online features until the general servers were shut down in 2014 due to being unable to continue with the tech licencing.

In any case, I'm always game for any game, so just let me know. Tri Force Heroes requires three players so that could be tricky, it's possible to sub in a random with two friends but that can be a crap shoot. Federation Farce doesn't quite have that issue, though it is balanced for four players and some missions can be pretty tough with just 2 players. But you don't sound like someone to back down from a challenge!

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: March 24, 2017, 11:02:23 AM »
I bit on a few 3DS e-shop sales:
Rune Factory 4
Corpse Party
Senran Kagura: Burst
Lord of Magna: Maiden of Heaven

Further proof I really don't need a Switch OR a PS4 right now.
Oui, Mon Gars!