Author Topic: Um, Apple thread  (Read 252048 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Apple thread
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2013, 09:18:56 PM »
yes to an extent it has sailed but i would like to keep what i have left,

Google Glass won't require you to give up any information that you don't already give up through other Google services. If you use any Google service (Gmail, YouTube, Google+, etc.), they already get the same amount of data Google Glass will give them.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2013, 09:30:52 PM »
I think he's more worried about the video taking aspect of Glass, but it's a stupid thing to be worried about regardless.

...when did this turn into the Android thread? :P

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »
Why do you think Google Glass is stupid? It's actually useful, unlike Kinect. The only downside is that Google says anyone who sells, trades, or loans their pair to somebody will have their Google Glass service terminate (so if you want a pair, you have to be approved by them and buy a pair from them).

How do you compare two very different products? Anyway my main thing against glass is that I have ti much tech as it is. Honestly I'd rather have a pebble infused with a smart watch more than glass.
I wonder how google plans to get developers on the glass train if they won't be able too charge for downloads or have Ads in applications.

I like the idea behind glass but I'd personally find more use in a well made smartwatch.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2013, 04:55:56 AM »
I like the idea behind glass but I'd personally find more use in a well made smartwatch.

Hell, I'm on board for both.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2013, 01:03:46 PM »

Yep. I'm planning on getting Glass and Pebble, along with maybe a Note 2 or S3 something.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2013, 02:03:47 PM »
I read the game informer interview with Wozniak recently and it reminded me of how Steve Jobs ripped off Steve Wozniak, I'm going to burn this thread to the ground!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2013, 03:00:28 PM »
Doesn't Woz deny that that happened?

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2013, 03:04:40 PM »
No, he just disputes how much Jobs screwed him out of. Assuming you are talking about Jobs works at Atari (Atari hired Jobs to do the Atari 2600 port of Breakout, Jobs asked his friend Wozniak to do the work for him and promised to give him half the money. Jobs took credit for the work but had lied to Wozniak about how much money he got from it. Wozniak only found out years later when he read a interview Jobs did). But even Wozniak says Jobs lied to him about how much money he owed Woz.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2013, 04:53:06 PM »

Yep. I'm planning on getting Glass and Pebble, along with maybe a Note 2 or S3 something.

My next tech will probably be a Lumia 521 and a fitbit,

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2013, 07:21:36 PM »
My next tech purchases are likely to be a new iPhone and a new iPad, as the ones I own date back to 2010, an eternity in the world of mobile devices, in an iPhone 4 and a first-gen iPad. The iPhone 4 actually still works pretty well, partially due to receiving a warranty replacement at some point in that span, but the first gen iPad is slow as hell and hopelessly out of date.

J.P. Corbran

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2013, 07:38:32 PM »
My next tech purchases are likely to be a new iPhone and a new iPad, as the ones I own date back to 2010, an eternity in the world of mobile devices, in an iPhone 4 and a first-gen iPad. The iPhone 4 actually still works pretty well, partially due to receiving a warranty replacement at some point in that span, but the first gen iPad is slow as hell and hopelessly out of date.

You going the current models or plan to wait for the this years refresh?
Also need a mouse for my computer so i'll get the touch mouse probably before the fall semester starts,

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2013, 07:41:48 PM »
I will also be buying the next iPhone, because I still have an iPhone 4. I was planning to get an iPhone 5 but was waiting until there was an untethered jailbreak for it, and then that took a lot longer than I expected and by that point I had other things I wanted to buy, and then I decided to wait for the next one.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2013, 07:46:58 PM »

Also need a mouse for my computer so i'll get the touch mouse probably before the fall semester starts,

As Adrock quoted, I intend to wait for the next revision on each of them. And if by "touch mouse" you're referring to Apple's Magic Mouse, I don't recommend it. I love most of the things Apple makes, but there's always something I don't like about their mice. It's great in theory, combining the best aspects of a multitouch trackpad with a more traditional mouse, but it falls flat on both accounts in my experience.

If you just want it for simple things, it's fine, but if you want to use more than a few gestures it gets unwieldy, and doesn't always register properly. I bought a 10-button Logitech mouse and never looked back.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2013, 08:27:14 PM »
I like the Apple mouse, but you can get a trackpad that works the same for less money. I never thought I'd prefer a trackpad over a mouse, but after using only laptops for so much I'm happy with either/or.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2013, 08:29:17 PM »
Me hating on an Apple product, and Brandogg subsequently defending it. What the hell is going on in here?

J.P. Corbran

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2013, 08:31:36 PM »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2013, 09:07:42 PM »
Not the apple mouse in particular just a mouse with Gestures, I love the trackpad on my asus and love Windows 8 gesture support but sometimes a mouse makes it easier to move and I want to play games.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2013, 09:17:58 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa, I only said "like." I don't actually hate that many products that Apple makes (I hate their keyboard commands and one-button mice...yes I know you can set it to tap on the right for right click), I just prefer other devices...passionately.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2013, 09:43:39 PM »
Apple trackpad gestures are the main reason I love osx. I still prefer windows because it's cheaper, but I've downloaded custom software just to mimic the apple gestures.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »
Apple trackpad gestures are the main reason I love osx. I still prefer windows because it's cheaper, but I've downloaded custom software just to mimic the apple gestures.

windows 8 has them out of the box and they've completely changed how I use my computer.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2013, 12:10:35 AM »
Doesn't Woz deny that that happened?
Woz denies that he felt cheated. I suppose even if he did he would jsut consul himself in his millions of dollars and celebrity status.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Um, Apple thread
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2013, 08:24:06 AM »
Yeah, he's rich and even Apple haters tend to love him. What does he care what happened almost 40 years ago?

J.P. Corbran

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Um, Apple thread
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2013, 07:39:17 AM »
I'm very happy with the announcements that came out of WWDC, even though a lot of the new features on both platforms were things I already have via jailbreak or other third party tweaks.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2013, 10:07:31 PM »
While I like what I've seen so far of iOS 7 (Control Center... finally), the Jony Ive Redesigns Things Tumblr is pretty excellent. I'm rather fond of this redesign of the dollar bill.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2013, 11:31:58 PM »
iOS 7 continues the proud tradition of taking things people with jailbroken phones can do through Cydia tweaks and implementing them in the OS proper. SBSettings (the inspiration for Control Center) was long overdue for that treatment.

J.P. Corbran