Author Topic: Yankees fan found guilty of stabbing Red Sox fan in neck  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Yankees fan found guilty of stabbing Red Sox fan in neck
« on: June 14, 2012, 02:24:12 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/yankees-red-sox-stabbing-bar-fight-connecticut-141558851.html

It never ceases to amaze me how serious some people get about sports. Its just fucking entertainment. Its probably all fake anyway, just like how pro wrestling is fake. Couldn't they have just settled their dispute over a friendly game of Wii Sports instead?
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Yankees fan found guilty of stabbing Red Sox fan in neck
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 10:00:32 AM »
I wonder the same thing when you see morons rioting and destroying their own city when their tea wins the championship. Way to go douches, you just make your whole city and sports fans in general look like backwards idiots.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »
Take anything you like and someone out there with the same interest is going to make you completely ashamed to have something in common with them.  Every hobby, every interest, every opinion, every belief, every way of life - some maniac with have that in common with you and do something stupid or horrible and you'll have to defend yourself and say "we're not all like that".

How often do we do that with videogames?  I'm a Canucks fan and for the next several years or even decades I have to deal with people associating me with stupid rioters destroying their own city when I peacefully watched Game 7 at my parents' house, miles and miles away from the riot.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 08:07:27 PM »
Ian's got it right here. There are always going to be crazy people that take things too far, no matter what the context.

Also, **** the Yankees and the Red Sox.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 01:37:46 AM »
How often do we do that with videogames?

Is that rhetorical? Because it happens to video games more than sports.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 02:07:51 PM »
Professional sports are nothing more than corporate sponsored tribalism. Is it really any wonder that these neanderthals act the way they do? There are plenty of reasons to want to stab a guy in the neck, but none of them involve liking one billionaire's business venture over another. I'm sickened every time my tax dollars help subsidize new arenas, or indoctrinate school children into worshiping sports.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 12:17:04 AM »
Professional sports are nothing more than corporate sponsored tribalism. Is it really any wonder that these neanderthals act the way they do? There are plenty of reasons to want to stab a guy in the neck, but none of them involve liking one billionaire's business venture over another. I'm sickened every time my tax dollars help subsidize new arenas, or indoctrinate school children into worshiping sports.

You do know this violence happens at the college and high school level too? On more than one occasion I have seen a parent of a pee-wee kid get violent with another. It just happens more with professional sports because more people watch them.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 01:20:59 AM »
I'm sure Morari has an issue with those levels of sports as well. He doesn't strike me as much of a sports guy, which is fine if that's not his thing, but it's an asshole move to be that upset and argue against something that's relatively harmless just because you don't like it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
Come on guys, let's not turn this into a sports hate fest.
Let's put the blame exactly where it belongs, on the New York Yankees and their horrible fans.  :P: