Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Switch port begging thread

(1/19) > >>

Order.RSS:
In the first year or so of the Switch's lifetime we've seen the console receive a lot of (announced, future) ports. Both from Nintendo releasing (enhanced) versions of Wii U games like Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze & publishing versions of Skyrim, Bayonetta 1 & 2, Pokkén Tournament... As well as third parties aiming to release things like Wolfenstein The New Colossus, Dark Souls Remastered, updated versions of the World Ends With You, etc.

My question to you guys & gals is: which games (if any) would you like to see ported to Switch? Do you want basically the entire Wii U library to get a second chance on Switch? Are there ports that would sell you on a Switch if you haven't made the jump yet? Do you dislike ports for some reason?

I'll start by throwing out NieR: Automata which I don't think is entirely out of the realm of speculation? Nintendo has a good-to-decent working relationship with PlatinumGames, and Square Enix is releasing other ports to Switch already (The World Ends With You, I Am Setsuna).
Seen a lot of hype for this online, it ranked highly with 2017 GOTYs; and although I don't really know much about it, if it came to Switch I would definitely play this.

nickmitch:
The Wii "Rainfall" games.  More specifically, The Last Story and Pandora's Towers since I can play Xenoblade on n3DS.  They can be VC ports or HD remakes, either way.  I'd rather double dip to have them on Switch than watch them collect dust in my backlog.

ShyGuy:
Resident Evil, the 2nd trilogy. 4,5,6
Resident Evil 7
Red Dead Redemption 1
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Wolfenstein the New Order

Khushrenada:
What was so wrong with this thread?

I don't really care. Make as many threads on a subject as you want.

Not sure if it could be done on Switch hardware or not but I've always been interested in Shadow of the Colossus and it just had a remake/remaster done which is what I'd prefer to see ported. I still stand by the couple Arkham games I mentioned in the previous thread as willing to purchase those if ported.

Perhaps Xenoblade Chronicles X. I recently bought the BotW DLC but I didn't have enough space in my Wii U's machine memory. So, I started going through and seeing what was on it and what could be removed. So, the Hulu and Amazon Prime apps or stuff like Amiibo Tap Greatest Hits. Still didn't have enough space so I had to get rid of some update files for other games but I noticed the biggest suck of memory was the XCX update file designed to help the game render the environments better. That thing is 10GB. I didn't want to go through the process of redownloading it again so I kept it by getting rid of other updates but, at some point, if I want the rest of my Wii U games to work or have to download other update files, I may have to get rid of it since I don't feel like purchasing a memory storage device just for that one game. Yet, I wonder what the game will perform like without it. Porting it to Switch might allow the game to run better than it can on Wii U. Although they may want to look into enlarging the text onscreen for various parts as I recall many people complaining about it being hard to see on the TV let alone on the gamepad.

On the subject of Xenoblade, I'd still be open for a port collection of the Xenosaga and Xenogears series as well. Why not bring the whole Xeno series together?

nickmitch:

--- Quote from: Linkle Link on February 08, 2018, 01:12:50 PM ---What was so wrong with this thread?

--- End quote ---

Turns out I'm very consistent.

--- Quote from: nickmitch on August 14, 2017, 11:24:44 AM ---The "Rainfall" games would be good for me, since I bought those on Wii and have yet to play them.

Also, Tropical Freeze for reasons others have stated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't a Rayman Legends port announced?  I remember not finishing this game, so I would be willing to give it another go.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version