Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

ARMS

(1/27) > >>

Khushrenada:
This ain't a scene, it's an ARMS race.

Anyways, last night on the RFN Aftershow which now seems to be up on the site as RFN505, Syrenne McNulty came on the show and said ARMS was legit. That conversation got me more hyped up for Arms than Nintendo's presentation did. That said, the video from the presentation did intrigue me with the skill and strategy they demonstrated in trying to land a punch on your opponent. This isn't Wii Boxing. This is something way more advanced and I could totally see this being a great game to play in multiplayer with someone else in the room.

My only issue with it is just how deep the experience would be in single-player. It seemed like something that would be great in a compilation a la Wii Sports or Mario Sports Mix but as a game on its own I'm not sure it will be worth the price Nintendo is asking. Moreover, if it is more multiplayer focused then you'll probably need to play it over the internet for online matches to get the most value out of it in which case you now need to pay for the online service to get the most use out of it and I'm not ready to pay for Nintendo's online service yet.

Soren:
ARMS looked very nice. But from what I saw I don't know if it's a deep enough experience to warrant the $60 price tag.

That being said, I had the same concerns about Splatoon and look how that turned out.

Evan_B:
I was pleasantly surprised by how satisfying the single player experience was in Splatoon, even if it did leave me wanting more. If ARMS can manage to mix in enough interesting ideas and maybe break away from its 1v1 playstyle like Splatoon did (maybe fighting in corridors or more interesting, varied boss-rush sorts of scenarios? With the freedom of movement, there's a lot of possbilities), I think it could definitely be worth the full price of entry.

The roster needs to double, though.

lolmonade:
I'll be keeping my eyes on Arms.  Like you all, i'm not sure how much play it'll get out of multiplayer in my house, so it's dependent on

1) How robust a single player is there?
2) Online vs?

I like the gameplay I see, though.  I think it looks really fun.

Mop it up:
I'm glad they're still making games with motion, however this particular game doesn't really appeal to me. The gameplay looks kind of interesting, but I'm just not into 1v1 type games.

Now, if this somehow has some sort of single-player mode... maybe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version