Author Topic: Mafia 66: Rehash of the Daleks: Day 3: This town is not named Mercy!  (Read 12169 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Last night had a flurry of events, firstly, stevey, or as I've always known him, Group Captain Gilmore was sent to the firing squad due to suspected Dalek relations.

The Renegade Daleks made a hit on Mop it Up which was stopped by Doctor Rachel Jensen, who is currently under investigation over the use of time travel to circumvent the natural order of the game.

And finally Ace made another strike, this time on Lolmanade, who was revealed to be innocent, thus ending Marvel_Moviefan_2012's short lived act of Vigilantism.

insanolord
Spak Spang
Khushrenada
Lolmanade Townie.
Hypothelicously
Stratos
Mop_it_up
Nuclearspeed
Lucariofan99
Stevey Detective
Silenced
Ceric
Nickmitch Drone.
marvel_moviefan_2012 Vigilante

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 66: Rehash of the Daleks: Day 3: This town is not named Mercy!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 12:50:20 AM »
Well, that is just great.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 12:56:43 AM »
Ding dang damn. Well, my proposed super alliance can't really happen now. Thanks for trying to take me out Day 1, Rat!

However, it isn't all bad news. It appears there is another way to "break" this game. Mafia is going to love it. Which is why I'm not going to state how it is done because it could be unbroken and this is going to be a tougher battle with the detective gone. I need to do some thinking first on this vote today.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 12:57:30 AM »
Vote: Stratos

MOD EDIT: For some reason, text had shrunk, so edited post to enlarge text back to normal size. No shenanigans going on.

HOST EDIT: Just going to say I can confirm khush isn't causing trouble.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:27:32 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 01:07:42 AM »
However, it isn't all bad news. It appears there is another way to "break" this game. Mafia is going to love it. Which is why I'm not going to state how it is done because it could be unbroken and this is going to be a tougher battle with the detective gone. I need to do some thinking first on this vote today.
I think I can see where this is going and I have suspicions myself... i was going to ignore it and keep an eye on the situation but you just had to open your mouth now didn't you.

Now I know there's something going on and I'm going to have to do stuff. Thanks Khush!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 01:20:22 AM »

Lot's of shady behavior going on. I need to be careful and definitely make my vote count...

I'm going to VOTE SILENCED for odd nomenclature.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 06:10:41 AM »
If you're going to vote for me every day Spak you could at least try to put reasoning to it.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 06:13:58 AM »
The first vote was a joke, because You didn't watch Doctor Who.  The second vote is because I don't know who to vote for...and will probably change.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 10:59:21 AM »
Psst: you should get rid of insanolord, nobody likes football, or 'soccer' anyway.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 12:36:18 PM »
Well, there are 5 townie players and left 5 mafia players left. I know 2 other townies. That means I have about 72% chance of voting out a mafia choosing any of the players left. Thus, I'll vote along on the Silenced vote today. Why not? The odds seem to be good.

un-Vote Silenced

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:47:46 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 12:42:29 PM »
The basis of your argument is that you hope to randomly fire on a bandwagon. You did that with stevey and it went well.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 01:39:11 PM »
Well if there's one thing I've learned from these games, it's just Khushville and you can't argue against it.

To be honest, I was against the random stevey bandwagon, but because Khush is so influential one bad word and you'll be the next target if things go south.

I'll just throw out a defense vote at Insanolord but it doesn't even matter at this point.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 01:50:07 PM »
There was more behind the Stevey vote than you saw. I didn't want to make a mistake of eliminating Stevey if he had a townie role so I sent him a pm about it. He didn't want to trust me with the information. Worse, he investigated a townie with a role and still didn't directly tell the person he was the townie detective. He just told the person that he had investigated them and that player should protect him. We weren't sure if he was a mafia investigator and planning a backstab or not. If he was just a little forthright about things instead of so secretive, it wouldn't have created the paranoia that occurred last night with conflicting messages and whose side he was on. He voted for me on Day 1 and the Vigilante on Day 2. He had a terrible vote record as the detective. And to top it off, he waited until like 30 minutes before the deadline to finally start responding to people which made it very hard to launch another bandwagon against someone else.

If you want to argue that people shouldn't listen to me because of the stevey vote, that's fine. It's a valid point. But the chances were there to avoid that outcome and stevey didn't take them. I didn't even petition players to vote against stevey. I was ready to change my vote but no one came up with any better alternative. What was your choice for Day 2? That's right. You haven't voted until just now. It's easy to say you were against something bad after the fact but at the same time, you've done nothing to prevent it.

You've got such chances as well but its a bit harder in your case as there isn't a lot that can be done to help you out with no votes, a high percentage of accuracy and a growing bandwagon against you be other players for some reason. The only thing in your favor is that you're active and I'm wary about letting so many under the radar to keep on sliding by. You can argue against me. I don't hold that against anyone. I've changed my mind many a time because of that and sometimes it was to my detriment but I'm trying to do what's best and not make mistakes like what happened last night. I'm always concerned about dominating the conversation and I want to get as many opinions as possible because *gasp* I have, can, and will be wrong about things.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:51:40 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 02:28:33 PM »
72%?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »
72%.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 04:07:21 PM »
These mafia games really are just for Khush. Hardly anyone is even involved.

unvote
Vote Silenced

I accept my fate.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 04:26:05 PM »
83%?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 04:27:12 PM »
Yeah, player participation has become more and more of a problem as these games go on. Part of it too is that most activity seems to occur about 5 - 4 hours before the deadline so you may want to show up then. But many players do not want to take the lead in this game and lay low. We've tried various ways to combat this but nothing seems to make much of a difference. Aside from Day 1 when I was fighting for my game life, I've done nothing to influence the vote. Even today, I'm just voting against you because of the odds. I have not told anyone else to vote for you and I'm not going to so if you want to fight for your game life, you've got the opportunity to do so.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 04:55:59 PM »
Psst: you should get rid of insanolord, nobody likes football, or 'soccer' anyway.

Pokepal's just such a stand-up guy that he thought he'd make me feel better about my hosting mistakes by being the worst host he can possibly be.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »
Pokepal's just such a stand-up guy that he thought he'd make me feel better about my hosting mistakes by being the worst host he can possibly be.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 07:33:22 PM »
I'm just eager for when both Mafia's go on the offensive tomorrow night. I'm really curious as to what will happen, will they kill eachother off, will they end up going after the same people? It's so suspenseful.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2015, 07:43:17 PM »
Maybe we can kill all the townies off in one or 2 days.  HA!!!

Actually, since one mafia is down a member anyway, they need to be careful.

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 07:51:07 PM »
Well any of us townies have a 62.5% chance of voting for a mafia member, accepting that Kush is a townie. So with that I'll randomly, not so randomly, vote for the bandwagon starter today, since it did SO well yesterday.

Vote Spak Spang

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2015, 08:33:58 PM »
You should never accept that Khush is a townie. Even if he's dead and the host confirms he was one I'm only like 80% sure.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2015, 08:51:48 PM »
What a bloodbath, but at least I was spared. Thanks, doctor! No, not The Doctor. The doctor.

I don't like how powerful Khushrenada has come despite claiming he didn't mean for it to happen. It's almost like he's got the power of two players...

Well, at least he didn't start the current highest vote count, but I'm still not so sure I want to go with it. Time to forge my own path I s'pose, with something I didn't do day one.

Vote Stratos