Author Topic: 98 Days (and Counting) of No Wii Virtual Console  (Read 23337 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: 98 Days (and Counting) of No Wii Virtual Console
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2012, 09:56:31 PM »

As I stated earlier, many of your games can't come out for legal reasons (for example, any game owned by Rare will never come out, like Conker and the Banjo games since Microsoft owns them now). Nintendo also can't just take another publishers game and put it up, that publisher has to want to do it. It's also not as easy as you think it is. There is also no reason WiiWare and VC can't exist at the same time, and most WiiWare games are not from Nintendo anyways. So it's not like they are using up time or resources on them.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2012, 11:53:15 AM »
PLEASE SOMEONE SEND THIS LIST TO NINTENDO (REGGIE, SATORU IWATA, SIGHERU MIYAMOTO TO READ IT):

I'll get right on that.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2012, 07:47:35 PM »

As I stated earlier, many of your games can't come out for legal reasons (for example, any game owned by Rare will never come out, like Conker and the Banjo games since Microsoft owns them now). Nintendo also can't just take another publishers game and put it up, that publisher has to want to do it. It's also not as easy as you think it is. There is also no reason WiiWare and VC can't exist at the same time, and most WiiWare games are not from Nintendo anyways. So it's not like they are using up time or resources on them.

On top of all that, from what I understand it is not cheap to get a game rated by the ESRB, I believe it is a couple thousand to do so. So a company has to justify the monetary risk as well.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144