Author Topic: So close to platinum  (Read 4804 times)

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
So close to platinum
« on: April 15, 2014, 12:01:25 AM »
Hey guys, I am so close to having the coins needed to get platinum for club nintendo, I bought WW HD and Super Mario 3Dworld I have 250 coins to go, I have yet to register those two yet, I know the deadline is sometime in June, I hope to have it, as it would be my first, and hopefully nintendo has something good this year.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:03:03 AM by MysticGohan »
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: So close to platinum
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:41:43 AM »
Kid Rock: I'm goin' PLATINUM!

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 01:51:50 AM »
Heh, does WW HD give 60 coins? I won't have money until next month, I intend on getting Mario Kart 8, that leaves 1 game left, I hope. If anyone can help me achieve platinum, it'll be appreciated. What other first party games are there? And when in june is the deadline?

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 02:27:46 AM »
Download some eShop games.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 11:05:24 AM »
That reminds me, I have a bunch of codes that need registering.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 11:13:14 AM »
I need to dig some up... I'm not sure it will be worth the effort though as Nintendo has shown me over the last 2 year of Club N rewards that they certainly don't care to offer things worthy of participation.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 12:11:07 PM »
really? awww.. thought the Mario figurines were neat a few years back. Was hoping this year would be something better.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 01:03:39 PM »
Nah, not really. Some people balk at the rewards. It amazes me how entitled people feel over participation in something that is completely voluntary. The way I see it, you get free stuff for registering games you were going to buy anyway. The surveys can take less than two minutes (I timed my last couple). I wouldn't buy extra stuff just to hit Platinum, but if you're there already, go for it. I generally stop registering games when I reach Platinum and save additional codes for the following year to get a head start. Special promotions like getting Pokemon X or Y for free if you register a 3DS and select games have convinced me to wait before registering since you have until the end of June to do so. I haven't played Pokemon since Blue, but I would have taken a free game, sure.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 01:46:59 PM »
Platinum prizes haven't been awesome... but (in my opinion) they haven't been that bad either.

2009 - exclusive Punch-Out!! WiiWare mini-game, or Mario hat
2010 - Mario characters statue
2011 - set of buttons
2012 - playing cards, or poster set
2013 - Mojora's Mask Soundtrack, or poster set

A platinum reward could also be traded down for calendars or WiiWare/Virtual Console titles in some years.

The statue has been by far the coolest reward so far in my opinion, but some of the others that got lots of flak (button set, soundtrack) were pretty cool as long as your expectations weren't too high going in.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 02:33:38 PM »
The Platinum Rewards aren't earthshattering, but the price is right. I got Link's Awakening last year for what? Enjoying Nintendo games. Sure, I'll take that any day. The regular Club Nintendo rewards range from meh to excellent. I'm hoping the original Super Smash Bros. becomes available when the 3DS game launches this summer. I currently have 700-something coins with around 200 in waiting.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 04:10:46 PM »
I have 925...105 to go. I think I have a 3DS XL and SM3D Land to register.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:14:05 PM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 04:40:27 PM »
Nah, not really. Some people balk at the rewards. It amazes me how entitled people feel over participation in something that is completely voluntary. The way I see it, you get free stuff for registering games you were going to buy anyway.

They are attempting to give incentive for taking time to do surveys. They incentive they have given for the last 2 years I felt are not worth the time it takes to do the surveys. It's voluntary, of course, but if the prizes were better, especially in a period of time where Nintendo is struggling, I might feel more inclined to not only do surveys, but actually pick up more games that I can register to get the prize.

I might see what I haven't registered once Mario Kart 8 shows up. Otherwise, I'll just save it all for next year... and I will be pissed if Nintendo does something extra cool this year.

and while I am speaking on Club N Prizes, they should also have a Platinum+ ranking, where it doesn't get you anything from year to year, but it you get it 5 years in a row, you get an extra special prize option. or a bonus 2nd prize. Something to keep the enthusiast enthusiastic.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 10:09:56 PM »
I just checked my Coins and Status for this year...

I've earned enough coins that I'm pretty sure they owe me a 2% stake in Nintendo. I swear to god, I'm Platinum SIX TIMES OVER.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 10:32:13 PM »
That gives me a great idea: one of the Club Nintendo rewards should be Nintendo stock.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 03:43:09 AM »
They are attempting to give incentive for taking time to do surveys. They incentive they have given for the last 2 years I felt are not worth the time it takes to do the surveys. It's voluntary, of course, but if the prizes were better, especially in a period of time where Nintendo is struggling, I might feel more inclined to not only do surveys, but actually pick up more games that I can register to get the prize.
Oh my goodness, this again.

Nintendo offers rewards, including Virtual Console games, all year round. There's the incentive to fill out the surveys which do not take much time to fill out. You, like the rest of us forum regulars, spend a considerable amount of time putzing around NWR (which offers no physical rewards), so I can't imagine you're making the absolute most out of every second of every day. If you don't think the surveys are worth the time, don't do them, but it's disingenuous to act like your time is so precious.

The rewards vary in quality, but expecting all of them to be amazing is unrealistic. The Platinum reward is a bonus on top of the bonuses Nintendo already offers throughout the year. Neither Sony nor Microsoft offer a similar program. And if you're buying more Nintendo games for the purpose of getting the Platinum reward, you're video gaming wrong. Do what you want, I suppose. Personally, I buy games because they're fun and I like them, not so I can get some trinket every year.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 04:09:49 AM »
You, like the rest of us forum regulars, spend a considerable amount of time putzing around NWR (which offers no physical rewards)

We may not offer physical rewards, but I think the mental, emotional, and spiritual rewards of spending time here more than compensate for that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 02:11:10 PM »
I just got my self Super Mario World and with the purchase of DKC:TP should be alright to reach platnium :cool;
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 02:26:08 PM »
I hardly play games myself anymore, and now more than half the games I buy are for other people to play.
Also my time on NWR is how I choose to spend it, and if Nintendo is trying to incentivize me to go to their website and provide them with feedback repeatedly based on the games I've purchased (something I'm not inclined to do just because), then all I'm saying is that their incentives are starting to lack in comparison to previous years and other regions.

Compare what we (U.S.) has gotten in comparison to the cool stuff they give out in Japan and Europe. Considering that we are the largest region, you would think we would atleast get something equal if not the same. So free extras or not, at this point I don't feel reward for participating is worth the time and effort in comparison to earlier years and other regions. Doesn't mean that I won't still participate, but I won't be doing it enthusiastically like in previous years.

tl;dr Nintendo needs to step up it's incentive game to be more consistent with prior years.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:39:23 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »