Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Wii U Release Windows Revealed  (Read 10811 times)

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Wii U Release Windows Revealed
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 06:56:32 AM »
This thread is just LOADED with doom and gloom, huh? I've come to inject a bit of positive outlook here because holy -WOW-, you folks are down on the idea of the 3DS version splashing first.

First and foremost, I've been hearing lots of Sentiment that the 3DS version will be an inferior game and that it'd be superfluous if they shoved it on the back burner, and that much the same would happen if they launched simultaneously or too close.

This thread however decries that and make the opposite the case. The way I kinda see it and Sakurai was talking about was that he wanted the 3DS game to be a more personalized and single-player focused experience.

I have a bit of a theory, so this may be me being overly hopeful, -BUT-... What if Smash Run had the unlockable properties for the Custom Move Sets that then a yet revealed mode in the console game -REALLY- took advantage of? and that in turn there's a biiig piece of the 3DS game that remains dormant without the Wii U?

The big thing that makes me say this is that the segment in the reveal trailer of SSB4, when Mario did that big jump that made him suddenly turn HD, he was in the Smash run stage and likely was juiced up by a bunch of jump powerups!

I think these games are designed to be two halves of a whole, and that when we realize what this complete experience is, that it will be Nintendo's big move to get people to own both versions!

I also want to address concerns about the rather spartan Wii U lineup here... First and foremost, Super Mario 3D world got revealed at E3 last year and came out by black Friday, and we've only had 2 Nintendo directs in 2014; February and this Smash Bros. Direct. I think they're keeping things a little tighter to their chest so they have multiple spots to hit that we won't see coming. Smash Bros. was the big elephant in the room that people would have been clamoring for and would have eclipsed the rest of the presentation , so they got that out of the way, much like they got A link between worlds, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, and all the other 3DS Hubbubaloo out of the way before last year's primarily Wii U focused presentation.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 07:17:42 AM »
I suspect Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be a February release like Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze was this year. If so, that's probably for the best if Nintendo insists on releasing the 3DS version first. The more time in between the two versions, the better. Five or six months isn't much of a gap, but it's better than the two to three months in the same year between New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. U.

If Sakurai and Namco Bandai have nearly half a year of extra development time, the Wii U version would benefit greatly by being loaded with extra content. Smash Run looks like fun. They'll have to do better on Wii U. They can start with costumes and a metric ****-ton of stages. A stage editor may be absent from the 3DS version (otherwise, last night was the time to talk about it). The fact that almost every stage has a version of Final Destination gives me hope that a stage editor will build off of that and let us create non-generic stages.

And if Nintendo really wanted to make the Wii U version more appealing, they could make some unlockable characters free on Wii U as well as free on the 3DS by connecting to Wii U, but paid DLC on 3DS without Wii U. That's kind of a dick move, but there's no better carrot to dangle than extra characters.
I have a bit of a theory, so this may be me being overly hopeful, -BUT-... What if Smash Run had the unlockable properties for the Custom Move Sets that then a yet revealed mode in the console game -REALLY- took advantage of? and that in turn there's a biiig piece of the 3DS game that remains dormant without the Wii U?

The big thing that makes me say this is that the segment in the reveal trailer of SSB4, when Mario did that big jump that made him suddenly turn HD, he was in the Smash run stage and likely was juiced up by a bunch of jump powerups!
That's an interesting theory that I felt that morph to HD in the original trailer was just because it looked cool.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 11:29:50 AM »
Wow you guys really love to assume your opinions are correct.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 12:01:34 PM »
Wow you guys really love to assume your opinions are correct.
That's typically what having an opinions means.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 12:10:24 PM »
Actually no, it's not.

I think your confusing opinion with theory or even hypothesis.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 12:30:03 PM »
Here's a sobering thought: if Smash Bros. U is now the Wii U's big November/December 2014 game, that pretty much means Nintendo's probably not going to announce any new 2014 Wii U games at E3. Aside from the Indies, that's probably it for the Wii U this year. If that doesn't confirm that Nintendo has abandoned the Wii U at this point, I'm not sure what else could.

I'm going to wait until E3 before I assume this.  I'm pretty much never optimistic in matters regarding Nintendo but I'll still wait for E3.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2014, 12:40:01 PM »
Actually no, it's not.

I think your confusing opinion with theory or even hypothesis.
Thinking you're right and being right are two different things. An opinion can't be proven; it's only what someone thinks is true. Are we really having this discussion again?

Would you care to elaborate on what's wrong with people sharing their thoughts? Or were you just stating the obvious?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2014, 01:30:49 PM »
No biggie my brotha

But I think your confusing opinion now with beliefs hahaha

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44