Author Topic: Wrestling discussion  (Read 110215 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Wrestling discussion
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2011, 09:37:53 PM »
Up until earlier this year, I would have said Wade Barrett. He has the mic skills of a main eventer and and is really good in the ring. Until it became clear that WWE wanted Cena-Miz (which will be a terrible match), there was rumors of Cena facing him. CM Punk would also be a good choice, but he will be facing Orton.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2011, 11:50:48 PM »
There wasn't any interference in the Miz vs Lawler match at Elimination Chamber. The whole reasoning behind all of the cheap tactics in Miz's matches is to just keep getting the audience to hate him. The crowd is usally split 50/50 on Cena, so WWE will do whatever they can to get the audience to cheer for Cena at WrestleMania...which will probably work until The Rock comes out. I'm predicting some kind of HBK interference in the Undertaker vs Triple H match. Also, I really don't get all the hate on Miz, he's actually probably one of the best actual wrestlers in the company right now.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2011, 11:57:27 PM »
Its kinda hard to see that talent while he is doing all that other stuff. The Miz I really don't like him. I mean I haven't really watched much WWE recently but his actions are quite frankly lothesome. Another person I don't like that much is Michael Cole. He is basically a coward that hides behind certain things and is a instigator.  Two of the reasons I didn't like this past Mondays Raw.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2011, 12:08:24 AM »
Riley did interfere in the match, but not much. Even so, beating a 61 year old man is not that impressive. Besides, a great heel can actually win matches cleanly. Take Ric Flair in his prime (the 80s). Yes he did cheat sometimes, but he also won many matches cleanly.

I would not agree that he is one of the better wrestlers, his skills have improved but he is still not that good. I could think of at least 15 wrestlers off the top of my head who are better. My problem is that he does not have any credibility IMO as world champion. It seems clear to me that WWE just wanted to give him the belt to get all the media attention. Miz is a mid-carder who was basically made MTV Champion, there are other wrestlers who are more deserving to be pushed into the main event than him. Cena was right in the comment he made a few months ago that nobody considers Cena-Miz to be a WrestleMania worth main event and I don't see anybody buying the PPV to watch that match. I know it's probably my least anticipated match (I think Punk-Orton could be the best match). I don't hate Miz, I just don't think he brings any credibility to the title and don't think he deserves to be a main eventer.

As for Cole, the fans have never liked him. Even before he turned heel last year (which started during NXT season 1), the fans were booing him when he came out before the show started. The sad thing is that WWE likes him despite the fact that he is not that good of an announcer. He was not that bad on SmackDown, but he has become really bad on Raw. I wouldn't mind if WWE took him away from the announce booth and made him a heel manager.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
The Rock responds to John Cena's Rap.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TvSOLsut7A[/link]
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2011, 11:59:05 AM »
I don't know if anyone watches NXT, I do. I don't see why Johnny Curtis won. He doesn't really have charisma or personality, he is not that great in the ring, and he doesn't stand out. Brodus Clay basically has everything already, so I hope they quickly bring him up to the main roster too.

I am wondering what they mean by season 5 being different than the first 4.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2011, 06:17:08 PM »
They keep talking about doing a season where all of the rookies are the sons of Hall of Famers. That may be it.

Of course, Tough Enough is coming in a month so it may not last long. The only thing keeping it alive is probably international TV deals (I know the channel that shows all of WWE's programs in Canada has it despite it being web-only normally).

edited for clarification
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:44:12 PM by Shaymin »
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2011, 09:07:56 PM »
Maybe they could do something like that, the FCW wrestlers (where they get the NXT rookies from) that are second generation wrestlers are Bo Rotundo (son of Mike Rotundo), Richie Steamboat (son of Ricky Steamboat), Wes Briscoe (son of Gerald Briscoe), Tito Colon (nephew of Carlos Colon and cousin of Carlito and Primo), and Brett DiBiase (son of Ted DiBiase and brother of Ted DiBiase, Jr.). That is 5, I suppose they could sign another 2nd generation wrestler.

I think they could do both. NXT is "fake" (like the other shows) in that everything is pre-determined, Tough Enough is a legit competition. I can see them doing both.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2011, 11:49:22 PM »
The Rock is back to scratch a major itch, so enjoy your Fruity Pebbles, you yabba-dabba bitch! That's probably the best line that Rock has ever used. I've already listened to it like 5 times.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:50:53 PM by Brandogg »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2011, 12:11:01 AM »
It would be awesome if all this free publicity has actually provided a boost in sales fro Fruity Pebbles, LOL.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2011, 03:04:44 PM »
This past Monday was pretty good. The Michael Cole segment was pretty good only because Stone Cold Steve Austin  kicked JBL's butt and humiliated Cole. Austin as the special guest referee for the Cole and King match should be refereed fairly now and I don't think either would mess with the ref.  After watching the show I looked up Takers and HHH match at Wrestlemania 17 and it wasn't a no holds barred match like I thought but it might as well been since the ref was down for the majority of the match. The Match up at Wrestlemania 27 between Taker and HHH will be a no holds barred match so that will be interesting.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »
Given that both men will be rusty after being out for so long, a brawl would probably be better than a normal wrestling match. No holds barred also means they won't have to do a long ref bump again or have to find an excuse for the ref not to DQ one of them.

NXT Redemption seems like a weird idea. So the prize for winning NXT season 5 is a spot on NXT season 6, huh? Lucky Cannon was generic in season 2, but now seems to be channeling Adrian Adonis with his new gimmick.

Sunny is a good choice for the Hall of Fame. Like they mentioned in the video package, at one time she was even the most downloaded woman on the Internet and she paved the way for future women in the company.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2011, 11:07:43 PM »
I just finished watching Wrestlemania 27 at a neighbors house and it was spectacular!

Anybody else watch it today?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2011, 11:27:50 PM »
Just finished watching it from an internet stream, it was actually quite good. The Undertaker vs HHH match was awesome (better than both UT vs HBK matches if you ask me), and it looks like they're going to set up a John Cena vs The Rock vs The Miz match, at least that's what I think...but then again...IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT I THINK!

Could they also be hinting at another Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock match? Rock alluded to it at the HOF a couple years ago, and they had a little face to face tonight...

Randy Orton vs CM Punk was pretty awesome too - I was rooting for CM Punk, but that RKO was definitely in the top 3 that he's ever done.

Biggest surprise - Snooki's athleticism.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2011, 11:43:31 PM »
Yeah the Taker and HHH match was very good.The back and forth was good in the match. The last part of the match was great. I have never seen anybody stay in the Hell's Gate as long as Triple H did.19-0 for Taker

I don't think Rock and Stone Cold will be meeting anytime soon. Maybe Rock and Cena will have something since Rock cost Cena the title.I know there was that double count out and The Miz retained the title.Then Rock came in and ruled that the match would continue withy no DQs or count outs.

I got to say that the Raw GM messed up a fun match between Lawler and Cole. Jerry won but the Raw GM said that he was DQed because Stone Cold pushed Cole.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2011, 11:54:22 PM »
Well I think it's kind of obvious where that whole thing is headed...Michael Cole is the RAW GM, they finally got enough heat on him for it to work. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2011, 11:18:35 PM »
Looks like I'm going to WrestleMania next year (I went to WM25 too). I knew that being in Miami, The Rock would be involved, now it's clear how he will be involved. Wonder if he'll make appearances on Raw until then.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2011, 11:29:29 PM »
That's great to hear Brandogg. It would be interesting how this situation with the Rock and Cena fold out in the coming year.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2011, 11:49:29 PM »
I assume this means that The Rock will go into the WWE Hall of Fame next year too, and then the obvious choice would be for him to lose the match. Could be (hopefully) wrong though. I'm sure they've become friends, but I'm pretty certain that there was some true animosity between Rock and Cena, probably still existing between them in the recent weeks.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2011, 05:53:07 AM »
Just finished watching Raw and having Cena and The Rock as the main event at Wrestlemania 28 is going to be cool. It will be like when Hogan and the Rock had a match at Wrestlemania. 2 different generations coming together.

The Core coming in at the end of the show and attacking Cena and the Rock might be built on in the coming weeks. Cena did have a problem with the Nexus before which is essentually what the core is. Maybe Rock and Cena teaming up is possible.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2011, 05:18:17 PM »
Well this past Monday one of my favorite wrestlers said he had to retire.That wrestler was Edge.
Few of my favorite matches of his.
TLC 2 at Wrestlemania 17.
part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb9SHMuG_r0
part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXRw0rDdnTw

Kane vs Edge Last man standing match,World Heavyweight championship.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk1z0U7sV48

King of the Ring 2001.Kurt Angle vs Edge

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WtpPF_QbuF4

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2011, 11:06:24 PM »
Edge was pretty awesome. The best and worst thing about him was the "Sex Celebration" with Lita, where you got to see her exposed breast, and his obvious boner. Great stuff.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2011, 02:24:52 AM »
Ugh just finished watching the Alberto Del Rio segment about Edge's retirement and it was pretty bad. I mean bringing out the Fake Lita was pretty mean.Leave her out of it.I still remember what the WWE did on her last night.After that then Edge came out and insulted everybody in the ring. Clay came towards Edge who was up at the Smackdown sign then Christian came out of the crowd with a ladder and beat Clay with it then Rio and then he came and set up the ladder and got the title that was up high in the air.

The Christian coming out of the crowd was a nice reference to Edge and Christians early years as a tag team.

As for other matches I thought the Masters and Mcintire match was pretty good. There was 2 championship matches. Tag titles and IC belt. Show and Kane won the tag belts and Barret kept his IC title.

Ugh Cole went on to long about his knighting and he was a pain to listen to.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »
Guy: "I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be"
Girl: "Can you back that up?"
Guy: "......eventually"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muT-9YPDZsI

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2011, 01:48:02 PM »
That was kinda funny.
Alexis, she/her/Miss