Author Topic: Metroid Prime: Federation Force Squad Goals  (Read 17252 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: You vs Khushrenada 2: The Revenge! Gold Edition.
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2018, 02:59:27 PM »
So, were you guys still planning to play tonight? Or did everyone beat the game without me? :(

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2018, 03:01:32 PM »
I'm still planning to show up.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2018, 04:48:43 PM »
I'm in. I still need to beat the game. 8:00 PM EST as usual?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2018, 08:18:22 PM »
Oh Mop it Up... yoohoo.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force Squad Goals
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2018, 06:54:46 PM »
So, anything going on tonight?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2018, 06:56:22 PM »
I believe we're still on unless Khush has anything to say about it.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2018, 07:27:06 PM »
No. I'm up for it still. That's why I asked about it on Tuesday to make sure we were ready for today.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2018, 01:29:21 AM »
Feel like some Fed Force & TH tomorrow / Sunday? FF until Terra's done and then switch to TH like Thursday?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2018, 12:46:29 PM »
I have work, how about Monday?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2018, 03:47:13 PM »
I have work, how about Monday?

Actually, Monday is now looking like it would be a better time for me also. So, I'm in for that.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2018, 03:51:25 PM »
Feel like some Fed Force & TH tomorrow / Sunday? FF until Terra's done and then switch to TH like Thursday?
We could still do some Tri Force Heroes this evening if you wanted, but I should be good for Monday night.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2018, 07:23:21 PM »
Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday but I ended up being busy last night anyways.

As it stands, I'm not sure FF is going to work tonight. I've got to go out and won't be home until close to 10 PM EST. I can meet and play with you and Poke then but I think there won't be much time for Terra at that point. So, we could just do TH later but not Mop it up has suddenly offered to play with Stratos tonight so I don't know what her plan is.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2018, 07:57:05 PM »
Since no one had posted yet today then I figured I could keep my options open. Plus, Stratos is in an earlier timezone so if he shows up it'll probably be late and maybe someone would have been ready to call it a night.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2018, 03:00:58 AM »
So, are we doing the usual Thursday meet-up of FF?

I've done a bit of single player to try and farm some mods. There's still at least 12 mods or so that I've yet to acquire though. I tried pokepal's method of playing the M12 on Hard to quickly farm them and I was able to acquire a few nice ones but I've still yet to see a split- missile mod appear. When I played M12, I didn't know where the mods were and thought they might come from blasting away at the boss and having them launch towards you for the damage you caused like in M18 where blasting the enemies to protect the drill results in various mods coming to the top of the drill. But this was the incorrect method to acquire them. There's three caves with two mods per cave and that's where you get them. However, my attack on the giant beetle was so effective that I took it down well within time and before 200 meters getting the bonus objective. Yet, I was 1000 points shy of getting three medals. So, after collecting mods for awhile, I later refought the boss and got the third medal.

Thinking about what else I may accomplish in Hard Mode, I decided to try M6 which has you out of you mech to destroy the force field. I already had gotten the three medals in Normal Solo like pokepal did and suggested so I tried in Hard and there seemed to be no difference in difficulty. I also was able to three medal it although I had to play it twice because I was about 1000 points shy again the first time I did. I then decided to try M20 in Normal Solo since pokepal had mentioned getting three medals in that one himself already. Like the M6 mission, M20 is easier to do in solo for accomplishing the bonus objective of not getting harmed while out of the mech. All you have to do is just get through the first fireball maze with no damage which is easy and then you are back in your mech for the rest. In team play, you've got people out of their mechs for a lot more of the level leading to more chances of getting harmed. It's fun to be able to go further in the level out of one's mech but if you want to speed up the process of getting all the medals then solo is probably the way to go.

This means that I only require 1 medal left in Normal Mode which is the third medal of M21. To my knowledge, pokepal still needs that last medal also. I believe this means that Mop it up will be three medals behind as she has not done M6, M13, or M20 solo to acquire those last three medals in each of those missions. We can try and do them in team but I really do recommend M6 and M20 done solo to speed up that process. M13 and it's no damage from gas requirement makes that easier in solo even though hunting the architect globes can be a pain. Likewise, I recommend Mop pass that info on to Terra if she is looking to get more medals for her file as well instead of waiting to play them in an online squad.

I guess the Hard Medals are supposed to be platinum (although they look a lot like silver too) but the color is disappointing since they look a lot like the grey non-medals that show when you've already acquired some of the medals in a mission. Wish they had just keep them gold or done a bright diamond instead.

Perhaps Mop can provide a list of the normal missions she needs three medals in (although I'm pretty sure that list is M6, M13, M20 and M21 at this point) and a list from Terra of the missions she still needs all the medals in. What I'm thinking is that we complete M20 and then start Hard Mode and stay on the same page in Hard Mode. When we come to a mission that Terra needs, we do it in Hard first and then go back and play it in Normal. My hope is that be getting it done right in Hard, it should be easy for us to go back to Normal then and three medal it in one shot there since we'd hopefully have a system and could just redo what we did in Hard to speed things along rather than go through it in Normal again for awhile and then maybe having to do it a few times over again later in Hard.

Thoughts?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2018, 03:23:11 AM »
I'm actually stuck working tonight so I won't be able to join.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2018, 03:37:21 PM »
If pokepal148 isn't available, do you want to play Tri Force Heroes instead?

I already completed M6 solo back when we first talked about it, but not the others. I remember you pondering the idea that you liked the challenge of completing those missions with four players and thought that's what you might want to try, like we did with M7 which was also probably easier in solo. So I left that option open for you.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2018, 03:49:37 PM »
Sure. Let's do some Tri.

The idea of overcoming the odds and succeeding as a team would be a nice feeling but as all the replays of M16 and the skiff mission made clear, if it means having to replay a mission over and over until we finally get it right then that can be more of a drag and kill the fun. Sometimes it is best just to take the easy path even if it may not be the most exciting.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2018, 04:03:35 PM »
I'm curious about how you defeated the giant golem thing in M20 within the time limit. My method was to use the Ice Beam and the Super Missile on it. With the lone wolf mod and the damage boost from freezing it beforehand the Super Missile will Oneshot it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 05:59:06 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2018, 05:59:49 PM »
We're about to have some dinner and then we'll be ready.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2018, 06:08:26 PM »
I'm curious about how you defeated the giant golem thing in M20 within the time limit. My method was to use the Ice Beam and the Super Missile on it. With the lone wolf mod and the damage boost from freezing it beforehand the Super Missile will Oneshot it.

Same. I had Lone Wolf, 30% chance of Aux Ammo being replenished, and 30% more powerful charge and power shot. Brought ice so that I could break a few fire walls to get mods and freeze the golem. One Super missile took care of it so that seemed like the most effective method. Having played the mission as a team with you, I knew about it so I was bringing the super missile with me. I just had to get faster in some other parts of it to get within the time limit.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2018, 06:08:57 PM »
We're about to have some dinner and then we'll be ready.

Awesome. I'm going to eat something right now and should be ready close to 7 PM EST.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2018, 09:04:16 PM »
Time was never an issue for me with that mission (I pretty much always had a minute to spare.) It was always an issue of me being short by around 1000 points.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2018, 11:09:44 PM »
That's weird. Time was my only issue. I always had enough points. I almost got the first two medals just from my points alone. Needed to blast more boulders and pirates, I guess.

When do you think you'd be ready for the next session?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2018, 11:16:21 PM »
I have Tuesday and Wednesday off next week so those days look really good.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2018, 12:40:46 AM »
Next Week? Awwwwwww.

And people in Discord say I make poor life choices.