Author Topic: Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3  (Read 4208 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3
« on: January 28, 2011, 10:45:01 PM »
Didn't realize this was coming out, and so soon too. While I was never a big fan of Ico, I really wanted to enjoy Shadow but felt the experience was marred by a horrible framerate. That will likely be resolved here and I cannot wait to play it!

http://www.amazon.com/ICO-Shadow-Colossus-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J5FG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1296272570&sr=1-1

Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 10:57:36 PM »
Huh.  I didn't know Sony had set an official date for it beyond "Spring 2011".  I never played Ico, but I was a big fan of Shadow of the Colossus (with the exception of a few pretty terribly designed Colossi battles and the horrible framerate).  I'm looking forward to this one in preparation for Last Guardian.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 09:14:42 AM »
I don't think they've confirmed it. March 31 looks like a filler date.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »
The funny thing is this--more than any other game--is what might get me to eventually buy a PS3.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 10:50:53 PM »
The funny thing is this--more than any other game--is what might get me to eventually buy a PS3.

Is it because of the visual improvement of the games, especially Shadow?

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 11:21:29 PM »
I've never played either of these games, but have always heard that they're amazing. I'll definitely pick this up.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »

Yeah, I've never played either of them, but they're both on my bucket list.  But after all the horrible things I've read about Shadow's frame rate, I think I'd be much better off playing the PS3 version.  Don't really care about up-resing or anything like that.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 03:19:25 PM »

Yeah, I've never played either of them, but they're both on my bucket list.  But after all the horrible things I've read about Shadow's frame rate, I think I'd be much better off playing the PS3 version.  Don't really care about up-resing or anything like that.

Yeah with Shadow, I REALLY was enjoying the game both visually and gameplay wise, but as soon as you got into a battle it would chug in places, really ripped me out of the experience.

Offline ControlerFleX

• Best new poster
  • Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 05:05:25 PM »
Yeah with Shadow, I REALLY was enjoying the game both visually and gameplay wise, but as soon as you got into a battle it would chug in places, really ripped me out of the experience.

I enjoyed it as well but I rage quit it in 2006 because it kept freezing up! I tried to power through but NOPE. And the things I heard about Ico was the main reason I tried Shadow in the first place. So this package is a dream come true.....

Give me an HD Eternal Darkness and I can die!
....he asked me if the glass was half full or half empty. "Neither." I replied. "I see a glass that is two times bigger than it needs to be....

Forever debited to you my friend...

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 04:24:02 PM »

Besides being ripped out of the experience, it made some of the bosses (or levels, really) harder than they needed to be. The final boss, in particular, required more timed button presses - and that was by far the slowest the frame rate got.

I hate to be double dipped with re-releases, but this is very tempting.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 05:03:56 PM »

I enjoyed it as well but I rage quit it in 2006 because it kept freezing up! I tried to power through but NOPE. And the things I heard about Ico was the main reason I tried Shadow in the first place. So this package is a dream come true.....

Give me an HD Eternal Darkness and I can die!

Too bad that won't happen for several years at least, it's a Nintendo IP. Even when Nintendo's next system (which they have said will be HD) comes out, I doubt we will see it since Nintendo doesn't seem to care about it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20