Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 49464 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Heroes
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2007, 01:59:44 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Yay, another character dead! Less plot threads = better.

I don't know if I buy Ted the cop holding a gun on Mrs. Bennet and her son. Not very heroic.
I think you mean "Ted, and Matt the cop".  I think Matt's been making many poor decisions, or just thrown into really bad situations, but they'll get some answers next episode.  Or they'll get somewhere with Mr. Bennet, anyway.

I always figured that Peter's dream wasn't literal, or that it won't pass...I mention that since Simone was in that dream...(besides the fact that some characters seem to be standing around pointlessly even when Peter and Nathan are aware of the danger.)

Hopefully Ando's not written off.  Maybe he'll come back and help Hiro somewhere somehow?  And did you catch the Stan Lee cameo?  It's about as big as in most Marvel films, and he actually has a line.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
RE: Heroes
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2007, 04:32:37 AM »
That was a great episode.
I hate Sylar, he's annoying, but I did like to see him get those noise headaches.
Peter is becoming incredible, he's awesome.
The confrontation, albeit short, that Clair had with her dad was also great.
The Stan Lee scene was ok I guess. What would be cool is if Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver) would appear in a scene with Sylar...the fixer vs the fixer.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2007, 11:36:39 AM »
I also find Sylar to be annoying, especially in his current role of pretending to be that Zane guy. The headaches for super hearing were good, but I wouldv'e liked an explanation for no footsteps. Can he use his telekinesis on himself to make himself fly or float(I would prefer float since if he could fly I would find it redundant with Nathan).

I liked it a lot when Claire stood up to her dad, not only because it showed strength in her, but it also brought some humanity to HRG, he may go about it incorrectly but in his heart he's trying to protect his family.

I see a showdown between Sylar and Peter as imminent.

I wish Hiro would get the sword already, and I'm personally not going to miss Ando, I never really liked him.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2007, 12:37:22 PM »
I really love Sylar as a villain, and it is even better that he is pretending to be a good guy, it is just creepy. Probably my favorite villain in a TV show except for maybe the Ice Truck killer in Dexter.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2007, 02:27:39 PM »
Well Dexter ain't much of a hero either lol, but both are still more likeable than the weasel that Sylar is.

I too want to see Hiro develop more, his character has been stalling, but with what happened in this episode I think we are finally going to see some change.

I also can't wait to see the aftermath of Simone's scene, and also what is happening at Claire's house.

Ando was an ok character but I think he's going to be ditched for good.

That WiFi chick just so totally did not fit in with the others, just look at how she was dressed, and then when she was holding that needle-gun with that outfit she did seem like some futuristic scifi chic which was so totally out of context...I don't know, she just seemed awkward to me.

There was something today that just sprung in my head, the "Save the cheerleader, save the world" episode/message/mission just made sense to me now that I see Peter training to control his newly absorbed powers, if he hadn't saved her he would not be alive when he crashed onto that Taxi.

Also, I'm seeing a duality between Peter and Sylar, it's not about good or bad, both can absorb others powers, Peter can absorb them in a non-violent way, while Sylar is the oppposite, one is life and the other is death...I think both are going to end up dead from their final confrontation, if there is going to be one.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2007, 02:33:12 PM »

Originally posted by: Caliban
Well Dexter ain't much of a hero either lol, but both are still more likeable than the weasel that Sylar is.

Dexter is my hero though! He is the ultimate anti-hero, hero!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2007, 06:03:31 AM »
By the end of the Series Peter will be evil.  It is already showing up.  Sylar will then have to turn "good" in response.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2007, 06:25:12 AM »
But if Peter truly get control over his powers, then Sylar won't be able to get close enough to him to do any damage. Peter would absorb all of Sylars Powers and then Peter would be more of a Superman(R) than Superman(R).  Next they are gonna have to reveal Peters one true weakness, which might be that  radio active isotope or that theoretical DNA thing that Mohinder wants to develop.  

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2007, 09:43:39 AM »
Absorbing a power and immediately being able to use it are two different things.  Like Metamorpho in the Justice League episode.  Got all their powers but also had their weakness as well.  Peter gets close to Sylar the hearing thing will knock him out for a moment when Sylar can capitalize and eat his brain.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2007, 10:45:14 AM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix
Dexter is my hero though! He is the ultimate anti-hero, hero!

Oh he's my favourite  most-radical-anti-hero too, I just meant it in the most genuine, innocent, truest sense that heroes don't kill.

When Mohinder develops this "cure", Sylar will surely reveal himself and kill him. By then Sylar will most likely have a big collection of powers, but then won't Mohinder suspect these deaths because they happen everytime they visit one of these "special humans".

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2007, 11:00:20 AM »
Mohinder will probably believe they are being followed and by the time he's suspicious Sylar will be an illusionist like the guy in X-Men 2, so he'll be able to convince Mohinder they are being followed, and Sylar is his best friend...  you know instead of just killing him, taking the list and stalking the people before killing them.  

Big Dexter fan right here! Love the show, the psychological aspects of the show are amazing for lack of a better word.

Peter isn't going to go bad, that would be ridiculous, he's the face of the show in a lot of ways. The story shifted to him suddenly maybe because the actor who plays Hiro didn't win that award he was up for.... SCANDALOUS!!! . Sylar isn't going to be good because once you go to the dark side there's no turning back... unless your name is Anakin Skywalker . Ooo what if it is a family thing, and Peter and Sylar are fraternal twins and the mother didn't want Sylar because "he had an evil look in his eye" so they grew apart seperately but are connected through their powers they are similar. i just wanted to join the parade of crazy theories

Watcching this show on Monday nights almost makes the weekend feel longer, gotta love it.

Edit: Made longer
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2007, 06:47:47 AM »
OMG!! I just watched tonights episode of Heroes "Company Man" and this is the best epsiode of the series so far. It literally "blew the doors off" of all the other episodes so far. Alot gets explained in this episode and it was all very well done.

*!!SPOILERS!!*
The flashbacks were great, starting with the misleading "you'll be working with one of them" teaser. I thougt they were gonna mention the Hatian but he wasn't the one. Now we know why the Invvisble man has been running, and why they thought he was dead. We see Mr. Nakamuras involvment in all of this along with a childhood Hiro. But the most incredible part of the episode was the Nuclear man scene when HRG(Bennett) tries to administer a sedative, and Claire to the rescue. When she exited the house I was literlly like Holy Sh!t O_O. OMG What an intense scene. And I really hope that they don't shift all focus away from Bennett and his family now that he has been erased. He really turned out to be the good guy in all this and it would be sad to not have him influencing events anymore. You would honestly think that this should be the type of episode you have before a mid-season break or even a season finally. I can't wait for next weeks episode. Heroes has just been shifted up a gear.
/*!!SPOILERS!!*  

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2007, 06:39:07 PM »
Yup, great episode.
I liked the young Hiro appearance, playing his gameboy haha so cute.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2007, 07:37:03 PM »
I was beginnning to think no one watched Heroes tonite. I too thought the original GB was a very nice touch.

Also like I said before, the Claire scene before, during & after the "doors were blown off" was very intense. I wonder how much of a memory wipe was done on Bennett and why 'whats her name' was alive again in the preview for next week "wanna shoot me again" !!WTF? I thought she was dead.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2007, 01:31:55 AM »
Sometimes the next weeks preview shows too much.  This isn't just for Heroes, but for a lot of shows that show upcoming preview.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2007, 03:13:00 AM »
I always download the episode, so I guess I'm lucky for not seeing any preview.

Btw, that chick that was treating the mind reader (whatever his name is) is freakin' HOT. I wonder what her powers will be.

Yeah that scene with nuclear man and Claire after she gets out was pretty cool.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2007, 04:36:17 AM »
I thought the episode was good.  Though the Online portion of the episodes have been going down hill.  Especially since Wireless lady came into the picture.  They explained some different things.  Now Bennet is going to be back to how he was in the beginning a little one dimensional.  Which is a shame because I was starting to like the storyline that followed him around.  It's interesting that we are going to see more of the "Company" now.  Which takes away some of the Mystery.

Also why was Ando in a police uniform in the preview?

I'll be glad to get back to Hiro though.  He is still by far my favorite storyline.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2007, 04:42:28 AM »
BnM, how did you watch the episode so early?

Good episode, liked the fact that they focused on one story thread. Isn't everyone at the Bennet house going to die of cancer now? The chick treating the mind reader is the Wifi girl.  

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2007, 05:39:12 AM »
Yeah I also want to know how u watched the episode so early so that I can too hopefullt :-D

Really good episode.

Save the cheerleader save... Texas? lol

I wonder if Hiro's father knows that he has powers? Why didn't he understand what Hiro wanted when he confronted him with his sister? I also wonder why Parkman and Bennet for that matter let that guy who works for the company escape? The cops and fire department came, how easy would it have been for Parkman to subdue him? Or just read his mind? Instead he ends up being captured. That was the only part of the show I didn't like.

I can't wait to see what Mohinder does to Sylar, perhaps Mohinder does have a power if he can subdue Sylar, or perhaps he's doing it willingly unaware that Mohinder is on to him?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2007, 06:20:23 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
The chick treating the mind reader is the Wifi girl.

No way, lol the first time I saw her I was not impressed.

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2007, 07:01:50 AM »
Her bra would have burned off under that intensity of heat, protecting her mammae in the process and leaving them in perfect condition. Totally unrealistic. Bonus points for The Brick.

C+
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2007, 07:08:57 AM »
If you download Heroes through Bittorrent, then look again this Sunday night, or really early Monday morning. Global Networks in Canada is airing Heroes on Sunday nights for atleast two weeks, last Sunday and this upcoming Sunday, so look for it.

As far as Parkman and Bennett, I don't think they let him escape. I think he was in charge and Matt Parkman(the ex-Cop) went willingly. They probably offered him a job, seeing how desperate he is to maintain a life with his wife, to use his mind reading powers for the good of the company. Matt will replace the Haitian who in turn replaced the invisble man.  I'm pretty sure atleast HRG (bennett) will have some sort of cance as he did recieve a pretty nasty burn on his arm when dealing with Nuclear man(we really gotta remember these peoples names :P. But more importantly, how are they gonna explain to all the neighbors how thier house became a Nuclear Waste Zone(soon to be yellow taped and covered in a giant plastic bubble), and how Claire(the communities favorite cheerleader) just walked out of an exploding house and survived atleast long enough to hug her family. They all had to see her start to heal, and there is no way that they could have memory wiped an entire neighborhood.

Is there a new comic up on the website? can someone link to it? I only found out about it yesterday cause someone linked me to it. And I'm pretty sure that Wifi girl IS NOT the same girl that is treating Matt at the "Company" as she is in VEGAS and Matt and HRG is in Texas.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2007, 07:20:07 AM »
I still don't like Heros as much as "24" but damn it's getting really close. I agree that the last episode could have been the season finally. Too awsome!
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2007, 07:57:32 AM »
I'm guessing Linderman is connected to the organization somehow. A buddy speculated that Linderman isn't a person but the name of the organization.  

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2007, 09:59:48 AM »
Linderman is Peter and Nathan's father!
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130